Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Peter Pan hats discontiuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Again, not really the same thing. It's a hat.
    You are right it is a hat. A hat that we see around the parks a lot but is no being discontinued because someone saw some metrics that shows they don't see as well as other hats in a different park no less. So this person takes these metrics over to someone and convince them they will save lets say 100k a year but stopping production on them. This clueless suit says sure why not great idea! He might even say I have never seen those in the park! Let's say that same suit becomes more powerful and gets a shiny new title and does decide to take out the attraction based on his earlier decision and say it's only a small attraction anyways. It may sound extreme to you but I have seen this happen at my company. All you need is a little power and the wrong vision and the ability to save a nickel to take even the most sacred of things away from your customers/ guests.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We want MORE merchandise...not less. Clueless Disney

That sucks this whole one Disney thing is beyond ridiculous.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Aww, sad. They were cute. I like seeing people wearing hats like that!

Does anyone remember the day where the merchandise bags were exclusively for Disneyland? The whole One Disney thing made me think of that
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Minion

Has there been precedent set for things returning that have previously been discontinued? If so, I don't see why not take your collective frustration straight to Disney.

• Berm Buster

Welp looks like its time to dig out my Peter Pan hat from my childhood because its evidently vintage now! Oh gaw I hope my parents didn't donate it after hearing of this news D:

They were removed because they weren't selling well? I always see people wearing them at the parks! It makes me wonder...

• Banned User

disney world wasnt selling them well, I hear.

When something like this happens the best thing to do after posting it on a fan site is to write a letter to the President of Disneyland resort and might as well send one to John Lassitor. Sometimes it helps to go straight up to the people that care.

I noticed a few posts that have said, I was going to buy one, but never have. As sad as it may be, Disney is a business and if a particular piece of merchandise isn't selling well, you dont keep it around simply for novelty.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I can't find it anywhere online, not even Ebay. He's never asked me for anything before and he just discovered this movie.
    Have you tried costume shops? They may have something similar, while not authentic.
    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Again, not really the same thing. It's a hat.
    Exactly. While it is unfortunate for those who may have wanted one, the discontinuation of this hat is being portrayed as the worst marketing decision since New Coke.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    I noticed a few posts that have said, I was going to buy one, but never have. As sad as it may be, Disney is a business and if a particular piece of merchandise isn't selling well, you dont keep it around simply for novelty.
    Re-read my first post. Only Disney World wasn't selling them. They're extremely popular here.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Exactly. While it is unfortunate for those who may have wanted one, the discontinuation of this hat is being portrayed as the worst marketing decision since New Coke.
    Clearly I disagree. While not as huge, it's still a very iconic piece of merchandise that see people wearing all the time.

• Parking Lot > DCA

That's a fact!

• Minion

It wasn't selling well in Disney World. Judging by the amount of people wearing them in Disneyland, it sold quite well there.

• Shubisha

Has anyone seen a Mad Hatter hat for sale recently(animated version)? in WDW the only ones available have been the Johnny Depp version for the years since that movie opened and I figure they're discontinued here.. They were gone for Disneyland for a short time but were then brought back. Are they still there at all?

And while I don't see the Peter Pan hat out at WDW ever, I see a whole lot of the Disney sold Peter Pan costume(the hat is a different style).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast