Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Peter Pan hats discontiuned!!!

I thought they discontinued them long long ago. It's been quite some time since I've seen a guest with one. I guess the demand was low.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

Does this mean that the little black and white Captain Hook hats with the feather are gone now as well? Those were my favorite.

It really depends on how well they are selling. If they don't sell, they get replaced with something that does sell. Sitting inventory is not good inventory.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    gee....I wonder if that has to do with them being discontinued.
    I haven't really seen all that many of them around the park in years. I doubt they have been discontinued that long. If you are a fan of a particular product, even an unpopular one, you are much more prone to noticing it when you are out and about. I'd honestly have to agree with other posters who are stating that the popularity of the item is most likely a tad bit exaggerated here.

The fact is, it probably isn't all that great of a seller anymore at Disney World OR Disneyland. What is so different about the demographics of the two parks that an item as simple as a Peter Pan hat would sell great in one park, but not the other? Really think about it. Sure, you see some while at the parks, but how many? And more importantly, how many in comparison to other products? You said earlier that it would be like them discontinuing the Mickey ears when, in reality, it wouldn't be like that at all due simply to the huge (and I really mean HUGE) disparity in the items' popularity. Mickey ears probably outsell Peter Pan hats 500 to 1... and I doubt that is much of an overstatement. In fact, based on the current popularity of the films, Pixar items probably obliterate the sales of Peter Pan related items as well.

To sell the PP hats they should do this (0:41):

Or maybe they should add Wendy selling them along the parade.

But seriously, I think this shows they need to take care of their classic characters a bit more to at least maintain their popularity.

• Banned User

I'm not a child, but last I checked Peter Pan had no problem remaining popular. Particularly the ride.

• -

I'm not a child, but last I checked Peter Pan had no problem remaining popular. Particularly the ride.
    While Peter Pan is no doubt still popular, apparently his hat isn't.

However, as I stated in an earlier post, you may find one in a costume shop, even though it is not authentic if you really want one of those hats.

halloweenexpress.com has one for $8.49 if that helps.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While Peter Pan is no doubt still popular, apparently his hat isn't.

However, as I stated in an earlier post, you may find one in a costume shop, even though it is not authentic if you really want one of those hats.

halloweenexpress.com has one for $8.49 if that helps.
    I actually got an update on this from some employees. Apparently there were copyright issues involved as well. I guess Disney doesn't own the complete rights to Peter Pan. It wasn't the sales though, at least not in DL, as like I've said, they've been around for as long as I can remember, and I always see/saw people with them. Thanks for the link, btw.
    Last edited by DARTH MAUL; 06-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.

• Shubisha

I actually got an update on this from some employees. Apparently there were copyright issues involved as well. I guess Disney doesn't own the complete rights to Peter Pan. It wasn't the sales though, at least not in DL, as like I've said, they've been around for as long as I can remember, and I always see/saw people with them. Thanks for the link, btw.
    I don't really buy this. I know that Disney doesn't own Peter Pan's copyright, in fact right now there's dispute the copyright even exists anymore, but there would have been an issue long before this. Furthermore, it hasn't prevented them from selling the full kid's costume, hat included, so I doubt there's suddenly been some spat between them and the Great Ormond Street Hospital over hat sales.

• Banned User

All I know is what they told me. They even said they had to make a separate deal with Tinkerbell called the "30 % exchange", so they could still use that franchise. Not sure what that means, but they said this happened last August.

I was just on the Disney Store website and it has both the Peter Pan and Capt. Hook costumes for sale for $39.50. Hope this helps. Type in Peter Pan in the search box.

• Lost Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I thought they discontinued them long long ago. It's been quite some time since I've seen a guest with one. I guess the demand was low.
    I actually have been to the parks almost every day for the past month and I've seen the hats EVERYWHERE. I thought they were being sold again because of the sea of green heads. Unfortunately, they're not. I don't know where everyone is getting them from!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell714 View Post
    I was just on the Disney Store website and it has both the Peter Pan and Capt. Hook costumes for sale for $39.50. Hope this helps. Type in Peter Pan in the search box.
    Thanks, but that's a bit pricey, when you only need the hat.

---------- Post added 06-24-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by captaincatwoman View Post
    I actually have been to the parks almost every day for the past month and I've seen the hats EVERYWHERE. I thought they were being sold again because of the sea of green heads. Unfortunately, they're not. I don't know where everyone is getting them from!
    Exactly! They were definitely popular here.

• Hot FIRE!

I like the attraction, I'm meh to the movie though and the merch even more meh to...Liking a ride has nothing to do with liking the story.

...as I see it

• Banned User

Umm...ok.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234