Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry Peter Pan hats discontiuned!!!

So i went to the park tonight to my by 3 y/o nephew a Peter Pan hat he's been asking me for and a CM tells me they're discontinued! I checked online and the rumor is this happened because they didn't sell well in Disney World. This is ridiculous. I see people with them all the time here, and I really needed one. This is like discontinuing the Mickey ears. They've always had these around. Epic fail.

Re: Peter Pan hats discontiuned!!!

WHAT?! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been building up my ears collection and Peter Pan was next! That's ridiculous.. Like you, I see people wearing them ALL the time.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Minion

Another great decision brought to you by the One Disney initiative (sarcasm)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    So i went to the park tonight to my by 3 y/o nephew a Peter Pan hat he's been asking me for and a CM tells me they're discontinued! I checked online and the rumor is this happened because they didn't sell well in Disney World. This is ridiculous. I see people with them all the time here, and I really needed one. This is like discontinuing the Mickey ears. They've always had these around. Epic fail.
    No... it's not even close to that. Anyways, sorry... that's a bummer for your nephew. Are you able to find any for sale online at all?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

two words: One Disney

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Omg, I was wanting to buy the Pan hats....no wonder I have not been seeing them lately, sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Another great decision brought to you by the One Disney initiative (sarcasm)
    Okay, for someone out of the loop could you explain?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

One Disney is Orlando's way to be cheap and brand both Disneyland and Disney World as one entity. its what caused so much hell on leap year and why the merchandise says Disney Parks. its stupid

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Guess ill have to look on ebay
    that was going to be my second disney hat..
    guess im going to have to switch to Sparrow or Mad Hatter now

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 9906 View Post
    Okay, for someone out of the loop could you explain?
    It was originally a plan to merge the operations of Disneyland and Disney World together. I think the plans were scaled back alittle to how they originally were, but basically Disneyland's merchandise is run in Orlando by Disney World people. What doesn't sell in Orlando is taken out of Disneyland no matter how popular it is. Its why so much of the merchandise in Disneyland these days has either 'Disneyland and Disney World' on it or 'Disney Parks'. Same with with food packaging, they're used to be Disneyland and DCA specific cardboard popcorn buckets, drink cups, plates etc. Now it all just says 'Disney Park's'.

I can't think of any advantages to One Disney, other then its cheaper for Disney to do it that way.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    This is like discontinuing the Mickey ears. They've always had these around.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that..

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    It was originally a plan to merge the operations of Disneyland and Disney World together. I think the plans were scaled back alittle to how they originally were, but basically Disneyland's merchandise is run in Orlando by Disney World people. What doesn't sell in Orlando is taken out of Disneyland no matter how popular it is. Its why so much of the merchandise in Disneyland these days has either 'Disneyland and Disney World' on it or 'Disney Parks'. Same with with food packaging, they're used to be Disneyland and DCA specific cardboard popcorn buckets, drink cups, plates etc. Now it all just says 'Disney Park's'.

I can't think of any advantages to One Disney, other then its cheaper for Disney to do it that way.
    It would be A LOT cheaper. Volume buys is what drives cost. The difference between buying 100,000 of something to serve Disneyland and 100,000 to serve Disneyworld or buying 200,000 to serve both parks can be enormous. Even just saving a penny per product can add it to tens of thousands of dollars when you look at the volume that they need to replenish things.

Not saying I like it cause I HATE what it's done to the park, but I definitely understand it from a cost/purchasing perspective.

•   
    • Minion

There is a awesome corporate decision for you. Clueless!!!! Might as well take the attraction out too!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    There is a awesome corporate decision for you. Clueless!!!! Might as well take the attraction out too!
    Again, not really the same thing. It's a hat.

• Banned User

I can't find it anywhere online, not even Ebay. He's never asked me for anything before and he just discovered this movie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast