Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the last thing you look at before you leave?

Before I leave Disneyland for the last time of my trip, I always turn around and get one last look before I go.

When I was little, my mom used to have us say "Bye, Disneyland!" when we were heading out, so I still like to softly say it to myself as I'm leaving each time...breaks my heart a little.

I usually do this when I'm near the middle or end of Main Street, and I turn around and look down the strip at the sparkling lights to the beautifully illuminated castle, and whisper "Bye, Disneyland "

anybody else have a favorite last look spot before you head home?

Re: What is the last thing you look at before you leave?

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    Before I leave Disneyland for the last time of my trip, I always turn around and get one last look before I go.

When I was little, my mom used to have us say "Bye, Disneyland!" when we were heading out, so I still like to softly say it to myself as I'm leaving each time...breaks my heart a little.

I usually do this when I'm near the middle or end of Main Street, and I turn around and look down the strip at the sparkling lights to the beautifully illuminated castle, and whisper "Bye, Disneyland "

anybody else have a favorite last look spot before you head home?
    That is pretty much the same experience I have. Having kids in tow I often forget to make a little nod to the Fire station lamp light in Walt's appartment. I always think of it afterwards. And yes, heart is always heavy when leaving.

• Non-Minion

Daughter and I usually give a little tap on the POTC poster on the way out, kind of a "good game" type thing.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Not the Fallen

I do the same thing. I always feel a little sad when I leave, but I have to remind myself that I will be back.

Smile Re: What is the last thing you look at before you leave?

In Walt Disney's Railroad Story Michael Broggie identifies Walt's "wave" (the "Partners" statue at the Hub) as a railroad man's "highball" hand signal (meaning "full speed ahead"). So I always make it a point to return the signal before I depart.

______
    Rachane

• One More Day

I like to look down main street at the castle one last time, then the gate, and then from the outside/hotel the Matterhorn, (as I am eating my last Matterhorn macaroon)

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

That's what I do. One last look down Main Street. I also love how my trip starts off the same way. I try to take a deep breath and enjoy it when we enter the first time... even if I have a bunch of people pulling me this way and that.

Good grief, must have the hormones raging today, because now you all have me in tears. I am happy others feel the love and spirit of that place as I do.

• some assembly required

I walk down MS, get on the train and take a grand circle tour... then when I arrive back at MS Station, I walk down the steps a bit slower than I normally would and take in everything that I can see. I always seem to leave thru the right side/west side underpass... maybe b/c it seems that much shorter to the tram stop to get back to M&F parking (and maybe b/c I subconciously know that if I walk out the east side underpass, I may very well walk right back into town square or MS!)
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Julieandtheboys View Post
    That's what I do. One last look down Main Street. I also love how my trip starts off the same way. I try to take a deep breath and enjoy it when we enter the first time... even if I have a bunch of people pulling me this way and that.
    I do the exact same thing, when entering just past the tunnel I take a deep breath and exhale all my worries and troubles away and when leaving I take one last long look down Main Street at the Castle and say "goodbye, 'till we meet again"...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I usually have one last ride in It's A Small World and then I head down with my family to Main Street to some snacks. When we leave the park, I take one last look at Main Street and the castle.

Wink Re: What is the last thing you look at before you leave?

Quote Originally Posted by DevTitanwood View Post
    I usually have one last ride in It's A Small World ...
    If that were the last thing I did at the Park, I'd be stuck humming that song all the way up I-5 to San Francisco!
    ______
    Rachane

If I'm not the one driving I always look back at the Matterhorn from the freeway. It doesn't feel like I've really left the park yet until the mountain is out of sight.

I usually plop down on one of the benches in the hub and just take in the sight of SBC. It's awe inspiring at night, all lit up.
    My last trip to DL was January, 2011 before I moved to Chicago. I knew I wouldn't be back for awhile so at the the other end of Main Street, this time, I turned back one last time to see the castle, gave a nod and a grin, and went under the west tunnel.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Disneyland History Lover

As I'm walking down Main Street toward the gate, I usually look back and get a last glance of the Castle. And on my way passed the fire station, I look up to Walt's apartment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast