Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

re: Cars Land Easter Eggs (Merged)

It's one of the toys from Toy Story 2. I used to have one as a little kid, it came with a remote and he would crawl around with the cone and then stop and push it up.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Wow, totally didn't notice that! It looks like an old '55 Chevy front end almost. Maybe a nice homage to the parking lot? I don't think that scene takes place in Mater's tow/junk yard area does it? It could be something related to that as well. Interesting!

I actually did a little bit of looking online. Below is the screencapped shot from YouTube, along with a real 1955 Chevy (excuse the sizes, it's best if you watch the video yourself). It looks like that could be it! Hopefully someone can confirm this or at least get a better image of this thing on the ride.

Attachment 20703

Attachment 20704
    GREAT call on the 55 Chevy. I think you're right! It's hidden in the bushes, definitely not a major "show scene" so I'm guessing it's an easter egg of some kind. '55 could be a tribute to 1955 (DL opens) or maybe there's a connection to Walt - maybe his first car after he moved to California (I mean a chevy of course, not a '55)? Or perhaps it's something tied to another Imagineer... Very interesting.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    GREAT call on the 55 Chevy. I think you're right! It's hidden in the bushes, definitely not a major "show scene" so I'm guessing it's an easter egg of some kind. '55 could be a tribute to 1955 (DL opens) or maybe there's a connection to Walt - maybe his first car after he moved to California (I mean a chevy of course, not a '55)? Or perhaps it's something tied to another Imagineer... Very interesting.
    That could be very much so. The reason I brought up the old parking lot was because when I think of that old lot I think of this:

Name:  KTPBKYC_9_58_N27B3.jpg
Views: 1656
Size:  92.2 KB

Cool find nonetheless!

• Lion

Here's a slightly better shot of the mystery object. I'm not so sure it's a '55 Chevy... really, I have no clue what it is. The circle on the right doesn't even look like a headlight (it almost looks like a large bolt). Very odd.

By the way, I wasn't the first to notice it. It was actually pointed out by Logic Machine here: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12
    Last edited by simba; 06-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Here's a slightly better shot of the mystery object. I'm not so sure it's a '55 Chevy... really, I have no clue what it is. The circle on the right doesn't even look like a headlight (it almost looks like a large bolt). Very odd.

By the way, I wasn't the first to notice it. It was actually pointed out by Logic Machine here: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12
    Wow nice shot! Yeah you're right, it's even harder to figure what it is now. Hm.

not sure if this is an easter egg but the side of the canyon is shaped like a monorail.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by PandaNomz View Post
    not sure if this is an easter egg but the side of the canyon is shaped like a monorail.
    If you mean the arch as you enter Cars Land from the wharf, then it's just an old styled car's wheel well. (although it does resemble a monorail)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I asked Kathy Mangum if Pizza Planet truck is anywhere in Cars Land. She said "no."

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I noticed the thing in the bushes on one of the the first videos I watched and I too assumed it was the front end of a car.

From all the videos I've seen it seems like most of the action is on the right side, or at least they always seem to be looking that way. Would be nice to see more video off the left side and get a better view of this thing.

• I'm the only one!

As far as I can tell the bumper is there to look like a face, The hub caps above it are the eyes. It does come right after frank shows up as you drive away. I thinks its just there to add a little extra eeriness after frank chases you.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

How about some Hidden Mickeys?

Here's a few from Ramone's hoods...

I *think* it's the pointy thing at the bottom center...

And there's an antenna wire by the Stanley statue... noticed this familiar knot...

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• One More Day

Wow the antenna knot was a very impressive attention to detail good job finding that one!

What about the Pixar ball with the star on it? That has got to be there somewhere.

If you mean the arch as you enter Cars Land from the wharf, then it's just an old styled car's wheel well. (although it does resemble a monorail)

no, not the arch. I forget where it is exactly since I've only been in carsland a few times over the past month but after you walk in from the wharf past the arch towards the exit of the queue I think(?) if you're looking at the canyon towards the waterfall, on the canyon part closer to you there are 4(?) indents to resemble the windows of the monorail and then the front windshield of it. We were shown this during our cast tour.

Idk if I gave the right directions. I'm just recalling the location from memory lol.

Also, inside one of the stores there is an ode to a certain somebody painted on the wall. I believe it was inside of ramones.

• Minion

IMG_9868 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Hairy Baby!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast