• The Lucky Rabbit

Carthay Circle Lounge vs. Restaurant

I apologize if this is somewhere else but I could not find anything. When I was at the AP preview yesterday I talked to a few CMs, in front of the Carthay Circle Restaraunt and I was asking about vegetarian options for lunch and dinner which I would be attending for my anniversary. And one of the CMs responded with "Are you dining in the lounge or the restaurant?" I clarified with I thought there was just the restaurant for guests and then Club 1901 for Club 33 members, and he said although that was true there was a second lounge for normal park guests on the lower level that would have a different menu then the restaurant upstairs. He said it would be for guests who did not have reservations and would want to sit down for a drink and some appetizer sized plates.

When we got back to my original questions about vegetarian options at the upstairs restaurant he went through the options that are on the printed menu but let me know to tell our server and she would talk to the chef about what special vegetarian options would be available at that time. I also asked if the kid's menu would be available for an adult who doesn't care for the more sophisticated dishes would be available. He let me know that there would be children's menu and it would also change between lunch and dinner, however was only available for children 9 and younger and at this time would not be served to anyone above that age (which is different then any other Disney restaurant I have been to at the Resort).

Anyway, does anyone know what this different menu for the public guest lounge is? I think the only menu information we have is for the upstairs restaurant.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: Carthay Circle Lounge vs. Restaurant

I will have to pop in on Friday

• Future Imagineer! =D

Does anyone have a price range of the menus...? I'd like to eat dinner or dessert there for my birthday next month, but when my parents saw the $500 AP preview price that flipped and said that eating there would likely be expensive then
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• The Lucky Rabbit

Hey LittleImagineer, Starters average around $13. Entrees for Lunch average around $22.50 and for Dinner $25. The cheapest entree for lunch and dinner is a salad for $11, the most expensive item for dinner is the Rib-Eye at $51 and Sautéed Northern Halibut for lunch at $37. These prices are for the Carthay restaurant on the second level. I don't think we have prices for the deserts at the restaurant yet. Hope that helps.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• The Lucky Rabbit

Just noticed the description difference between the lounge and the restaurant on Disney's website:

Carthay Circle Lounge
    Sit back and relax with a smart cocktail, handcrafted by an expert bartender skilled in the art of mixology. Each cocktail is given exceptional attention to detail -- including unique class ware and drink-specific ice. Craft beers, wines and seltzer sodas are also available.

vs.

Carthay Circle Restaurant
    Dine in style on modern cuisine that pays tribute to the bold and diverse flavors of Southern California. Try signature dishes including fire cracker duck wings, ceviches, strawberry-lemon chicken and jerked king fish. World of Color dining packages are available.

• The Lucky Rabbit

We were customer #1 for Opening Carthay lunch service and are about to have dinner. I have info on all the menus for the restraunt and lounge and will post later as well as the food photos I have taken and reviews.

• What's that word again?

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    We were customer #1 for Opening Carthay lunch service and are about to have dinner. I have info on all the menus for the restraunt and lounge and will post later as well as the food photos I have taken and reviews.
    I can't wait for your review! I've only seen one so far of the lunch version. Going in a week -- keep us posted!

• The Lucky Rabbit

Ya I'm looking forward to writing it. Just watched WOC from Carthay dining. We had a huge area with maybe 35 people top in it. Tons of room. Great new Brave segment and love the user of the water fountains in the planters during the show.