The Crush of Humanity and a New Poll Idea

The rumors and speculation of how Disney is going to handle the Cars Land crowds Friday and through the weekend is starting to leak out - right, wrong, or indifferent. It won't be me but someone should create a poll that asks how long the line will be at Guest Services at (pick a time) of people complaining how Disney has mishandled the opening event. Then again, I'm a glass half empty kind of person.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Re: The Crush of Humanity and a New Poll Idea

Guest Services should start offering FastPass.

• Sock Puppet

Why even speculate? I think just letit be! People will find something to complain about and I thinkDisney does a fine job in making sure every guest is happy, and if the guest is not happy and Disney has exasperated all routes then I guess it's really up to the guest to make themselves happy at thepark .. Some people complain cause they like to hear themselves talk .So be it! It's gonna happen no matter what. I am sure there will beriff raff over FP's, hieght Requirements-probably leaving some kidreally disappointed-and I will say I am sorry if they are and can't ride a certain ride in carsland.. I am sure there will be riff raff over the food wait, the line wait etc.. but it's bound to happen! there should be no crush of humanity. and i am sure that GS has a fantastic way of dealing with all this!

• formerly very helpful

Honestly, I think they'll be ready for the crowds. If anything, the Feb. 29th crowds may have been an eye-opener for them to be ready for even larger crowds than they may expect.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Ahhh...tis an interesting situation to say the least.

I believe the best idea of all would be for Guest Services at both Parks to be closed entirely during this period with a delightfully detailed and artistic sign put in the window saying something like:

"Sorry, Guest Services is closed today. We will reopen two days after park attendance returns to a reasonable level."

They might also hand out "Happiness Tips" to all that enter the park on these busy days
    suggesting ways to stay happy in spite of incredibly long lines, noise, heat and humidity, and all the other issues that come up during times when too many people show up.

An old cowboy song said it best I think..."I loved my fellow man the best when he was
    scattered some."

Coming when too many other people come ain't the bestest idea a person ever had now is it?

Still...sales will be up dramatically...profits will come poorin' in...and, people bein' people...
    there will be a whole mess of complaints made to every Cast Member in sight!

There is just no gettin' around it...I'd rather be out somewhere's with a herd of cattle than a herd of people. Cattle, in general, behave better than people do...and they almost never line up at "Guest Services" for any reason whatsoever.

But...I suspect it is really Disney's fault. You create a magnet...you shouldn't be surprised if metal starts showin' up? You create a people magnet...and they will come...taint no doubt about that.

Disney should just hire some extra folks to count the money durin' these busy times...and maybe another semi-truck or two to take it all to the bank...

Like you, I ain't gonna be nowhere's near Disneyland durin' this here people stampede...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Honestly, I think they'll be ready for the crowds. If anything, the Feb. 29th crowds may have been an eye-opener for them to be ready for even larger crowds than they may expect.
    That is a good point. The OMDD debacle on 2/29 came toward the end of winter when staffing is probably at its low point for the year. There would be no excuse to not have 'all hands on deck' for this coming weekend.

•   
    • Minion

Didn't they also hire a lot of new CMs to handle the Carsland crush? Hopefully that, along with the lessons learned from OMDD, will help keep things calm. Hopefully.

Let's just say I'm happy I'm waiting until next year to make my trip out there. It'll still be "new" but there won't be nearly as many people.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

haha, they sure did hire a lot of new CMs - who were giving out a lot of misinformation when I was there. Its gonna be grand!

•   
    • Minion

I have the SoCal AP, so after June I'm going to be locked out until September...and honestly, I don't mind. Even if they're very efficient and everything goes smoothly, I don't think the park is going to be very pleasant while it's so overcrowded. I'm going to try to make one more trip to the park before the summer blockout and I'm going to stay in DLR. Carsland isn't going anywhere so I don't mind waiting until the fall, or even later, to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I have the SoCal AP, so after June I'm going to be locked out until September...and honestly, I don't mind. Even if they're very efficient and everything goes smoothly, I don't think the park is going to be very pleasant while it's so overcrowded. I'm going to try to make one more trip to the park before the summer blockout and I'm going to stay in DLR. Carsland isn't going anywhere so I don't mind waiting until the fall, or even later, to see it.
    And I think Disney is having prayer meetings right now hoping that many SoCal pass holders are thinking the exact same thing. The great equalizer in all this, as Al has pointed out, is there just flat out may not be enough parking places. Wouldn't be ironic if you were unable to see Cars Land because there was nowhere to park your car?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Didn't they also hire a lot of new CMs to handle the Carsland crush? Hopefully that, along with the lessons learned from OMDD, will help keep things calm. Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    And I think Disney is having prayer meetings right now hoping that many SoCal pass holders are thinking the exact same thing. The great equalizer in all this, as Al has pointed out, is there just flat out may not be enough parking places. Wouldn't be ironic if you were unable to see Cars Land because there was nowhere to park your car?

i feel most pass holders like myself know how dang busy it will be at Disneyland/DCA on friday. I have CM friends and they told me how busy it will be.. yes new cm's got hired..but i am sure ap's will not all go on friday. it will stagger out among the weekend.