Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Ravenclaw

Re: New Walt and Mickey Statue on Buena Vista Street Unveiled

I'm as cynical as they come, but this Chicken Little Syndrome needs to go away. It's nice that they put this statue and tribute to Walt and Mickey on the ground, where people can take photos with it. It's a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, not the Ark of the Covenant or the shroud of Turin.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    I'm as cynical as they come, but this Chicken Little Syndrome needs to go away. It's nice that they put this statue and tribute to Walt and Mickey on the ground, where people can take photos with it. It's a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, not the Ark of the Covenant or the shroud of Turin.
    LOL, I was thinking the same! I been there all 3 days since it opened and people are treating the thing with respect, just taking pictures with it and having a good time! If there are real 'problems' in the future, I'm sure they will deal with it, but I dont see it as a real issue. It looks great on the ground and it adds a real nice touch to a very beautiful area!

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post

You, sir, are my new best friend. Lol. Spot on comment and I agree. It's a fitting statue and homage to the past. Saw it for my own eyes and guests are showing nothing but respect.

And, no... There wasn't an entourage of security CMs guarding it. Who woulda thought? Lol
    "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
    Fish are friends, not food."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    The hub statues are small. People are more offended at the Indian statues and are too busy complaining about the racism at City Hall do even touch one. And most people don't know who Roy was. They just think of it as some old guy sitting with Minnie.

But Walt? With Mickey? Again, add in alcohol and drugs from Mad T Party and it's guests gone wild with the Walt Statue and their camera.
    Oh no, not the hoodlums from the Mad T Party with their alcohol and drugs wrecking the place come sun down!!! The good citizens of Buena Vista street have to lock their doors when they see the ruckus come into their streets. Those T Party folks ruin it for all the good people!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by dude4real View Post
    And, no... There wasn't an entourage of security CMs guarding it. Who woulda thought? Lol
    You don't say?!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I just fear children crawling all over Walt and Mickey.
    And what's wrong with that!? My kids know Walt from Roy and we have some great pics of them sitting with Roy and Minnie before they were moved off Magic Kingdom's Main Street, USA location.

• Parking Lot > DCA

It's funny, I was at the park last night and to my surprise there was a Photopass Cast Member stationed at the statue! Not even one belligerently drunk person was defecating on it!

Talk about much ado about nothing
    Last edited by explodingboy; 06-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    But Walt? With Mickey? Again, add in alcohol and drugs from Mad T Party and it's guests gone wild with the Walt Statue and their camera.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dude4real View Post
    They should have Tweedle Dee and Dum standing on each side of it. You know, just in case.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345