Fastpass times enforced

I am going to be in Disneyland on June 23rd, so I thought I would check up on the rumor that Fastpass times are going to start being enforced. Has anyone actually been turned away because they returned AFTER the time slot?

I have been using Fastpass and never once have I had the return time enforced. (Honestly, half the time I wonder if they even look at the card I'm handing them.) Personally, I think this would do more harm than good, it seems that Disney tries very hard to make sure their guests have a fantastic experience and this would just be unnecessary and cause lots of (likely loud and public) arguments.

Re: Fastpass times enforced

Well they'll definitely make you wait until your turn... but I was just in the parks on saturday and arrived with my space mountain fastpass an hour late and it didn't matter.

• Shifting cargo

I know that they enforce Fastpass return times at WDW but it hasn't made its way to DLR.... yet. I'm wondering if they might enforce FP times for RSR. I love that they don't enforce return times because you don't have to worry about rushing to get over to the attraction.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

•   

I don't understand what is so hard to come back the times you are suppose to. It just causes bottlenecks on the busiest times not that hard to come back at your time.I do hope they check everyones fastpass time and if you missed it.You snooze you lose!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cadjoe321:1056782808
    I don't understand what is so hard to come back the times you are suppose to. It just causes bottlenecks on the busiest times not that hard to come back at your time.I do hope they check everyones fastpass time and if you missed it.You snooze you lose!
    While we do take advantage of the lack of enforcement, I think just changing it up to a two hour window and enforcing it would be a good compromise. The perceived loss of flexibility would be mitigated by providing an extra hour for returning. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is shocked by how fast one hour can pass at Disneyland.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    While we do take advantage of the lack of enforcement, I think just changing it up to a two hour window and enforcing it would be a good compromise. The perceived loss of flexibility would be mitigated by providing an extra hour for returning. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is shocked by how fast one hour can pass at Disneyland.
    Here, here!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• former CM

Excellent post, though some might object to getting fewer FPs per day, so how about 90 minutes?

I'd
    hate to be a CM working out front if there was even a one minute grace period. I'd prefer a big enough satellite clock in front that made a pleasant, loud enough sound when a time period ended.

•   
    • Minion

Pretty much what a lot of us have been saying in the dozens of these threads that pop up. i don't want a unofficial grace period that isn't in writing because it leaves too much grey area for people to come up with excuses for why they are late. Either it gets enforced or stay as is.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

The rumor is they will start enforceing times on the 15th. I asked a cast member on Monday when I was at the park
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Banned User

Guilty of fastpass hoarding here. I'll miss the convenience if they start enforcing it, but on my last trip, we abided by our assigned times and it worked out pretty well. I'll just have to hang around the RSR machines until there's one for after sundown. :P

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cadjoe321 View Post
    For some rides like Indy yes....other rides like Goofy...or Screamin..it really makes not different I've never seen too many people using it

I'd say just really Indy/Soarin/Space needs to say not because they seem to cause the most problems

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    The rumor is they will start enforceing times on the 15th. I asked a cast member on Monday when I was at the park
    Yeah... that's been rumored on here a little bit, but I seriously doubt it. When WDW started enforcing it, it was on these boards in the form of official CM notifications over a month in advance. With just over 32 hours to go, the odds that an official notice to CMs to enforce FP return times has gone out are slim to none. There are WAY too many posters on this board who, if not CMs themselves, have insider information on that type of stuff. Who knows though? The announcement could go out tomorrow. I just think that if something official had been distributed to the CMs, this board would have caught wind of it by now... much more so than one or two CMs mentioning it in passing.