Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dinner Dress Code at Club 33

Hi All,

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary at Club 33 in a few weeks. We had dinner at Club 33 a few years ago, but I was curious what the current dinner dress code is. Last time I wore dress pants, dress shoes and a sweater. But I noticed that many folks coming in for dinner that night were in jeans, tshirt, hawaiian shirts and such. I felt a bit out of place, though I was told to dress up or we wouldn't be allowed in.

I don't want to over dress OR under dress. I was thinking maybe clean black jeans, nice black boots (I wear Dr Martens most of the time) and a nice shirt.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Re: Dinner Dress Code at Club 33

Dress CodeFor lunch, Guests may come in fashionable casual attire in order to enjoy the Disneyland Resort in comfort. However, no tank tops, cutoffs, swimsuits, bare midriffs, sweatpants, flip flops/sandals or beachwear may be worn. Walking length shorts are acceptable. Jeans are acceptable, provided that they cover undergarments completely and are not extremely faded or torn.If Guests have been enjoying the day in Disneyland Park, evening casual attire is acceptable for dinner. For gentlemen, collared shirts and slacks are appropriate, and for ladies an informal dress or pants with a blouse are appropriate.(Update: The club is no longer accepting shorts of any type or style for dinner.)Appropriate dress for children and young adults should be in keeping with standards set for adults.

I would think country golf club attire. Not sure I would do jeans. I wore a skirt at lunch and felt fine. IMHO it is far worse to be underdressed. Err on the side of caution.

Enjoy and happy anniversary!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Hi All,

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary at Club 33 in a few weeks. We had dinner at Club 33 a few years ago, but I was curious what the current dinner dress code is. Last time I wore dress pants, dress shoes and a sweater. But I noticed that many folks coming in for dinner that night were in jeans, tshirt, hawaiian shirts and such. I felt a bit out of place, though I was told to dress up or we wouldn't be allowed in.

I don't want to over dress OR under dress. I was thinking maybe clean black jeans, nice black boots (I wear Dr Martens most of the time) and a nice shirt.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!
    I would dress however your sponsors requested. Yes, some underdress, but I would hate to be the one they decided to enforce the code with. I have seen people asked to leave due to inappropriate dress.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

That is why I ask. I was really shocked to see so many people in jeans, shorts and hawaiian shirts.. at dinner no less. and no one was asked to leave. This was in Nov 2010, so not long ago.

Most likely I'll go with slacks, boots and a blouse.

• Minion

For your husband, I would strongly suggest that he wear a tuxedo. This is Club 33 we're talking about, not Red Lobster. Well... either that or khakis and a polo or button up shirt.

I've never been, but I would think "business casual" if I were going there. Basically what Julieandtheboys said... country club attire. While I doubt they would you would realistically have any problem with jeans (a lot of designer jeans cost more than my mortgage these days), you may want to wear something more like a "spring" type dress or something... as long as it's something comfortable enough for you to reasonably enjoy the rest of your time in the park. Who am I to say though... there's nothing wrong with a nice pair of Doc Marten's either, IMO. Have fun! I'm jealous...

If I EVER had the chance to dine at club 33 for dinner, it would be a full on suit affair, no doubt!

Ha! As much as I love seeing my husband in a nice suit, we won't have space to bring them with us on this trip. But we can do nice pants and shirts.

• Here's my 2 cents

Clean pressed pants and collared shirt is fine, a sport coat would be a nice touch, and you can be all fancy and check the coat downstairs with the hostess
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• HYDRA

There is a club 33 fan site I used when I went for lunch in September

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    That is why I ask. I was really shocked to see so many people in jeans, shorts and hawaiian shirts.. at dinner no less. and no one was asked to leave. This was in Nov 2010, so not long ago.
    Last Christmas, I witnessed on 2 occasions people being asked to go "change". Shorts at dinner is a BIG no-no. Also, no capris. Sandals without a back strap is also a no-no.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Lightbulb Re: Dinner Dress Code at Club 33

This thread highlights a problem which I have mentioned to Club management previously: Members can make Club reservations for unaccompanied nonmembers, but may forget to discuss the dress code with them. The result can be an embarrassing situation in which the nonmember party arrives at the Club and then is barred because of an unknowing dress violation [which could easily have been avoided with advance guidance].

What I have suggested is a "guest card" system somewhat like the Magic Castle in Hollywood uses. Instead of actually making the reservation for a nonmember friend [which can result in a flurry of "middleman" phone calls at tight times], the member goes to the MC website or calls the Club and has a guest pass generated and emailed/pmailed to the nonmember. The nonmember can then use it to request a desired time/date directly. And on the pass is included the dress code, so there is no problem about that.
    ______
    Rachane

• Knight of Naughtyness

I never liked that system with the MC. What I would prefer is for the club to provide members with a nice card that the member would present to their guest with the reservation time and the dress code policies.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I never liked that system with the MC. What I would prefer is for the club to provide members with a nice card that the member would present to their guest with the reservation time and the dress code policies.
    But what about if the reservation is made without the guest and the sponsor never physically meeting?

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    But what about if the reservation is made without the guest and the sponsor never physically meeting?
    Mail.

Personally, I don't like the MC system because, if I were to make a reservation for a guest, I want to go over everything with them. I don't want that personal connection removed. Granted, I know I could still do that with the MC system, but I just feel it is too impersonal.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

"Mail"? I'm unfamiliar with that term...

Seriously though, if the sponsor can take the time to mail a card to his guest, he can quickly go over the dress code with them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast