Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Wizard of Oz Land

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Disney took a risk on Cars Land. And look what happened. Imagineers explore all kinds of ideas for Disneyland and for their other parks all the time. But very few of those ideas and/or rumors actually become reality.
    Carsland is by no means a real risk, it was a financial success before the concept even hit the drawing board. Not only was the idea ripped off directly from the movie, the attraction ride systems were already in existence or had been done in the past. Just because they decided to spend money does not make it a risky investment. Had they decided to actually take a substantial risk, the benefit could have potentially been much higher or lower, as it stands now Carsland is somewhere in the middle. I'm still waiting for something revolutionary like the 21st century Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, or Space Mountain, ideas that are not possible without major risk.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.

• Ryan

@mickdaddy I am talking about the upcoming Disney movie, Oz: The Great and Powerful, which this land would be based off.

• The Devil in Prada

I don't believe this rumor, sounds just like the Tron E-ticket replacing Innovations rumor we heard before; lot of hype but it never happened. Would rather see a Frontierland expansion, no matter how great this film is or how much it makes.

On that note, I. Love. This. Trailer. So excited for this film.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'd really like to see Disney give these movie franchise-based attractions a break, and restore the balance between marketeering and true imagineering. Carsland... Avatarland... Wizard of Oz Land... it's all the same idea as Universal Studio's "Ride the Movies" -- which was ripped off by Michael Eisner when he redefined Disneyland as "all about turning Movies into Rides." Where's the innovation and creativity that brought us Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and so many other Disneyland originals?
    Sigh...well said.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Under that tree again!

Trailer and Synopsis. It reminds me of Alice and that movie did very well.
    Oz The Great and Powerful | Official Movie Site | Disney

They need to have more "sections" with movies that fit into the theme (the way Swiss Family Robinson fits into Adventureland, for example). They've started taking whole movies and turning them into their own "lands" and I think it will come back to bite them because nothing will be cohesive.

There is no question that tomorrowland needs redone. It looks like the 1980s, so everything outside the park is more of the future than any of Tomorrowland.

I have no problem with there being movie-themed attractions (it's Disney, of course) but they should break them down by theme. "Carsland," while it may be a cool concept, could have been more of a Route 66-driving in the canyons-type area, integrating movies like Cars, Herbie, Up, etc.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    @mickdaddy I am talking about the upcoming Disney movie, Oz: The Great and Powerful, which this land would be based off.
    Yes I know! Watched the trailer it looks amazing great visuals! For myself and only myself I would rather see something else for the expansion
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by awndrayuhh View Post
    They need to have more "sections" with movies that fit into the theme (the way Swiss Family Robinson fits into Adventureland, for example). They've started taking whole movies and turning them into their own "lands" and I think it will come back to bite them because nothing will be cohesive.
    The key here is balance; in the past when Disney didn't have the perfect movie theme for a particular land, they decided to make something custom and original that wasn't shoehorned. In the rare occasion when WED chose to make a tie-in like Swiss Family Robinson Tree house, it was absolutely the best idea possible for that particular area and fit like a glove. The standard was set very high for thematic cohesion back in those days and it was very apparent. The show above all else was the number one priority, not marketing or the sale of merchandise.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-13-2012 at 12:48 AM.

I don't like the idea of Oz at Disneyland. Perhaps before Wicked the musical came out it actually might have worked. The original wizard of oz with Judy Garland had a very disney feel to it and it was of Walt's era. However, now that I'm a huge fan of Wicked I find I like to dwell in that version of oz better. Yet another oz universe manifested at a disney park would be wierd for me.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'd rather see something Oz related than Marvel.... just sayin'... :

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Down Pluto!

Please God NO - not another land or attraction based on a freakin' movie.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

The trailer is incredible! However, I just don't see an Oz attraction at Disneyland.

• Insomniac

I hated every incarnation of Oz so far adapted to film... I loved the original Alice In Wonderland, and absolutely HATED the new Alice in Wonderland... The trailer looks EXACTLY THE SAME as Alice In Wonderland... The does not bode well for the movie for me.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    I don't believe this rumor, sounds just like the Tron E-ticket replacing Innovations rumor we heard before; lot of hype but it never happened. Would rather see a Frontierland expansion, no matter how great this film is or how much it makes.

On that note, I. Love. This. Trailer. So excited for this film.
    How do you know Tron will not happen for sure. From the rumors, Innoventions and others might be leaving. There is a possibility that it may happen. Rumor that there is going to be a Tron ride for Shanghai Disneyland.

I too rather see a Frontierland expansion. The film does seems interesting.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Insomniac

^^Tron has been killed for DLR for the forseeable future since the film did not do as well as Disney hoped (even though the original didn't do very well and it got a section on PM... Stupid Disney thinking it needs to make money at the box office to be included in the parks). It is not happening for DLR unless TR3N does way better than TRON: Legacy.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast