Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Minion

Re: Wizard of Oz Land

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    I just cannot and will not condone the existence of a themed land based on a single franchise in the original Disneyland park. New lands should not be based on films, but rather on what they were supposed to be - general themes of human experience and our physical world, with attractions placed in those lands based on whether or not they fit. If their plan is to create a whole Wizard-of-Oz themed Land, I'm afraid I don't think it's a good idea. A single attraction? If it was good, I could live with it.
    Apparently, their plan is to create a PRE Wizard-of-Oz extension of Frontierland. Much like Toontown is an extension of Fantasyland.

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    Sorry, I can't get on board w/ a "Circus Land" in Disneyland....... Ideas like the Circus are a fading memory in American society. Most people probably associate the "Circus" nowadays w/ the Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas....... Additionally, in our PC world, the idea of using animals as "trained" performers is increasingly unacceptable to many. Disney has Dumbo and Casey Jr.......

That's about enough an oblique reference to the circus that the DLR needs given it's land constraints.....

II don't like the "Oz", the "Lone Ranger", or even the "holy" WRE ideas either, although I would love an expansion of Frontierland where BTR currently sits - I don't know what I want there, just not "Oz" or "Ranger" or even WRE....... (we already have two flume rides on the West side of the park.....)
    Well put. I completely agree!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    The movie looks kinda cool, but I too am a Wizard of Oz purist in much the same way I am a Walt Disney purist.

That said I think the circus idea between frontierland and fantasyland would be lovely. Especially because it was one of Walt's original ideas.
    I believe the circus at Oz land is, for the most part, just a facade based on the movie that sets up the entrance to the land itself. I don't think there will be any real significant circus elements in the area outside of some merchandise/food locations. Though a balloon ride would fit nicely.

I believe that Tony Baxter was a fan of The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao. Certainly not the same, but the time period was the same.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Apparently, their plan is to create a PRE Wizard-of-Oz extension of Frontierland. Much like Toontown is an extension of Fantasyland.
    I'll claim ignorance. What do you mean by a "PRE" Wizard-of-Oz extension of Frontierland?

• Nic

I hope they don't, that's precious land they have, they shouldn't be wasting it on a movie.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678