Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Matterhorn Opens

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    Any sign of the climbers?
    I was there earlier today and the climbers are indeed back! There were 3 of them that I saw climbing the mountain. Pretty cool.

As for the new bobsleds.... I'm 6' 3" and I found myself missing the old bobsled for the space in the sled. It definitely hurt my knees a bit. And the seat really isn't much of a seat. I think they mainly changed the bobsleds to improve the seatbelts that remain fastened now until the end of the ride. I think they could have made the bobsled conditions more comfortable though.

The mountain and the inside of the mountain look great now. It is also nice to see that they are now offering a single rider line!

Will I continue riding it? Yes. I'll take a little bit of pain to go on this awesome ride.

6'5 size 16 shoe.... lets just say its not an easy fit.

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Disneyland Historian

Did they add screams to the area at the top of the lifts?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^they have had the Red eyes/scream on both sides of the ride for years now

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by BilgeRat View Post
    I was there earlier today and the climbers are indeed back! There were 3 of them that I saw climbing the mountain. Pretty cool.

As for the new bobsleds.... I'm 6' 3" and I found myself missing the old bobsled for the space in the sled. It definitely hurt my knees a bit. And the seat really isn't much of a seat. I think they mainly changed the bobsleds to improve the seatbelts that remain fastened now until the end of the ride. I think they could have made the bobsled conditions more comfortable though.

The mountain and the inside of the mountain look great now. It is also nice to see that they are now offering a single rider line!

Will I continue riding it? Yes. I'll take a little bit of pain to go on this awesome ride.
    Thanks BilgeRat for the confirmation! Any pictures??? It must be amazing to climb Matterhorn. What a view they must have! It would be interesting if they ever release a video from the climbers perspective of what it's like to scale Matterhorn -- maybe with one of those GoPro cameras.

Thank you Disney for finally establishing a single rider line on Matterhorn! It irked me so much to see so many sleds go down the mountain with an empty seat and a 60 min. line on both sides of the mountain.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^they have had the Red eyes/scream on both sides of the ride for years now
    I think they are referring to the screams of the fellow bobsled passengers while ascending the lift hill. It almost sounds like the screams are an effect coming from the ride itself. I'm sure it's just the squeals of very eager riders.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Team Hail HYDRA

Very tight fit
    great for it to be back

I wanted to love the new design, but I felt weird sitting on the floor, basically, with my feet at the same level as my butt. The seat is just padded floor area. I was really surprised when I stepped in to find that there was no seat. Riding with knees to chest in a dress? Not so fun.

I did love the mountain climbers, themed band, new paint, and new lighting. The fences actually looked really good.

Wait, what? There's no seat? any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I wanted to love the new design, but I felt weird sitting on the floor, basically, with my feet at the same level as my butt. The seat is just padded floor area. I was really surprised when I stepped in to find that there was no seat. Riding with knees to chest in a dress? Not so fun.
    Sounds like my worst fears are confirmed. The old sleds were very comfortable for larger/taller guests if you rode non tandem. It's going to be a shame not to be able to ride or struggle to fit into a seat. I've heard a rumor that there may be a few classic style bobsleds with the new seat belts introduced in the future for larger/taller guests. I hope it's true. I would gladly wait an extra 5 or 10 minutes for one of those to circuit through. I hope the feedback about uncomfortable sleds will result in some alternatives.

Is there a reason why they chose this more cramped sled? I'm not talking about the 3 seat design but a design that is just more cramped. I've always heard that bobsleds on Matterhorn can work on WDW Space Mountain and vice versa yet WDW SM rockets seem to have much more leg room and a more open design than these new Matterhorn sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland55 View Post
    Wait, what? There's no seat? any pictures?
    I'm sorry - I didn't think to take any.

• One More Day

So is the ride still rough, rougher or smoother?

Did anyone else feel the yetis scream/growl was really loud?

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I think they are referring to the screams of the fellow bobsled passengers while ascending the lift hill. It almost sounds like the screams are an effect coming from the ride itself. I'm sure it's just the squeals of very eager riders.
    It is an effect. It is just louder now. Take a look at several POVs on youtube over the past several years. If you pay attention to the screams when the sleds are at the top of the lift, you will notice they are always the same. It is an effect that makes it appear as if the opposite sled from your sled has already started the desending of the mountain, when in fact it is just dark and you cannot see them.

This effect does NOT happen each time a sled passes by the top of the lift, it is random (at least that is how it was in the past. Now it might do it every time). For several years, you could hear it down at ground level too. It seems so much louder now!

Anyway, yes, check out the older POV vids when you have time and listen for the pre-recorded scream! LOL! Hope this helps clear up the confusion, and enlightens a bit of the magic!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by yoda1138777 View Post
    So is the ride still rough, rougher or smoother?
    I rode in several different seats (single rider rocks) and the answer is, it varies. Any seat on a roller coaster not situated over an axle will be smoother than an axle seat so the variance is no surprise.

And the Yeti's howl is so loud it's almost visceral. I loved it, though even if they tone it down it will be plenty loud.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast