Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Matterhorn Opens

I HATE the new sleds!! I'm about 6 feet tall, sat in the middle seat, and man was it uncomfortable in there. I also had a really hard time getting out of there. I miss the intimacy of snuggling up with your party!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• The Pumpkin King

Dang, all you are tall. I'm really short. 5'5 :/

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It was very obvious even when we got our first look at the new sleds that they were uncomfortable, I don't see why you all are surprised by this. The "upgrade" was never meant to increase your comfort or make the experience any better. For intended purposes it was implemented to decrease maintenance cost and satisfy Disney lawyers. I'm very disappointed with this change which has literally ruined most of the unique aspects of this attraction that made up its identity.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.

• Master of Disaster

Rode the ride on sunday and here's what I have to say. I was in car 3. I am 6'3" and the holes in the side for my feet were perfect! real deep! i didn't feel cramped at all... however the real problem I noticed is that there is NO padding what so ever on that seat. with how bumpy the ride is I found I was way more uncomfortable in my rear end than I was uncomfortable with the seating. a very small amount of padding would do this ride wonders! after seeing how small the feet area is in the front cars (1 and 4) I would avoid those seats altogether if i was above 5'4".

I've heard the ride is slower too. this isn't good. they raised the height requirement and slowed the ride down...and it is a tight fit for taller guests. seems like the annual pass increases are well spent.....

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Dang, all you are tall. I'm really short. 5'5 :/

Same.

• Still Dizzy

The one thing I have to say about Matterhorn is that I am SO glad they added a single rider line. We went on it twice in like 10 minutes with single rider, and once we even got 3 of my party on the same sled. It was GREAT.

• Beat the bruins!

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The one thing I have to say about Matterhorn is that I am SO glad they added a single rider line. We went on it twice in like 10 minutes with single rider, and once we even got 3 of my party on the same sled. It was GREAT.
    How does the single rider line work? Do you still get to choose which track you get to ride? Do you get to pick your seat?

Thanks
    The Kid

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by trojanrobmc View Post
    How does the single rider line work? Do you still get to choose which track you get to ride? Do you get to pick your seat?

Thanks
    A CM directs you to whatever side they choose I think. I'm not quite sure though cause the first time I came in through a different line the first time because they close off the single rider line during the soundsational parade so I didn't do it the "regular" way.

The first time we were on Fantasyland side and the second time Tomorrowland so it was great.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by minisquid View Post
    I've heard the ride is slower too.
    On Friday I felt different speeds on different rides, but the absolute fastest, most out of control ride I got was on the Tomorrowland side at night in the very back seat. Just insane. Then I rerode immediately and it was good, but not quite the same. It could be that different sleds are breaking in differently.

Quote Originally Posted by trojanrobmc View Post
    On opening day (I haven't been back since) the regular line was a single line until it reached the covered queue area, where a CM directed groups into those queues alternately. Single riders entered a different way but met the same CM who then directed one to a particular side. However, after riding both sides and preferring the Tomorrowland side (as always) I would point to the TL side's single rider entrance regardless of where I was directed and say, "Can I go there?" and they would say, "Go right ahead." What's great is that the Fantasyland single rider entrance invariably had a line, while the TL single rider line was almost always empty and I would practically walk on. You are always directed to a particular seat in your sled, however.

I thought it was odd that the RSR single rider line was jammed and backed up onto the sidewalk while Matterhorn's single rider line seemed to be the best-kept secret in the park.

^Keep in mind that RSR is a brand new ride.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Is Harold the Second a new look for the yeti? If so I will be disappointed.I think people want new Harold as in new AA's with better movements not appearances.
    He is much more realistic and looks the same (white hair, dark face, fangs, red eyes), but to be honest, I have only seen drawings... and I am not 100% sure if those are final looks.

I feel some ppl will have issues with installing a copy of the movie version just as they did with Sparrow in POTC... even if he looks more realistic. In the end, this is just a rumor.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Plusses:
    Minuses:
    The new bobsleds SUCK of you're 5'7 or taller. Greatly reduced legroom.
    Adios to the greatest "date-ride" in the history of the park. No more hugging your sweetie on the Matterhorn.
    Awesome opportunity to upgrade 'Harold' is lost. Same stiff animatron from the 70's.
    While I feel for the tall people and the loss of the ability for a parent to ride with their child I just never considered a roller coaster a date ride. I mean you have a head occasionally smacking you in the face and your view of the ride blocked on a roller coaster. It was kind of annoying for two adults to ride that way imo. It was more of an 'easy way to get arms around date for those that were too chicken to try it on the haunted mansion' type ride. Now obviously that wasn't that case with an already established couple but still snuggling on a roller coaster? /boggle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345