• Please pull the yellowtab

Lightbulb New Mickey Ears Glow in Cars Land

I don't know if this has been shared in the forums yet. OCRegister posted an article describing the new 'Glow with the Show' ear hats. These new smart hats premiered last night at WOC during the DCA media event. Furthermore, these hats also worked in locations inside Cars Land, like Flo's V8 Cafe and Luigi's. Link to the OCRegister article below:

Smart hats turn World of Color into an interactive experience | hats, hat, world - News - The Orange County Register

According to this article, there is potential for this technology to be used in future merchandise like wands! Oh, how I wish we had this cool technology when I was little.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Tiki baba!

Re: New Mickey Ears Glow in Cars Land

that's really cool! I am kind of bummed i missed the chance to RSVP for the AP showing. still i would probably get one of my own. can't wait to test it out at Mad T Party as well!

How exactly is it triggered? I tried playing with one with my phone blasting World of Color from my phone mp3 but it still just did its own thing.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    How exactly is it triggered? I tried playing with one with my phone blasting World of Color from my phone mp3 but it still just did its own thing.
    From kibi16's post in the [World of Color Enhancements - Glow With the Show] thread:
    Mr. DAPs @mrdaps Glow with the Show #WOC for $23.20 at Five and Dime in #DCA #JustGotHappier pic.twitter.com/iEmhZnzf
    Name:  glow1.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  42.6 KB

I believe these new ears are activated using some sort of radio signal and not music. I could be wrong though. These new ears are similar to the Xylobands used at the recent Coldplay concerts.

On a side note, I remember shopping in the Mad Hatter this past weekend and seeing a nearly identical Mickey ear hat but without the light changing white ears.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    On a side note, I remember shopping in the Mad Hatter this past weekend and seeing a nearly identical Mickey ear hat but without the light changing white ears.
    Yeah, they seem to have reused the "Oh, Mickey!" merchandise theme they started using, I believe, last year (2011). (Maybe why they're giving out so many freebies?)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• MiceChat Travel Partner

We got to try out these hats at the Grand Opening Celebration of Cars Land. It really gave a different feel to the WOC, like you were part of the show!

You find yourself not only watching WOC but the audience too so you could see what the ears would do next. I was watching both and kept thinking it would be cool if the ears would have a wave effect. I was told later that they did, so even if you are watching diligently you may pick up on something new the next time you visit!

I think this aspect adds another reason to see an already beautiful show again and again.

Ps
    The hats are not heavy but a tad bulky compared to regular ears. Pixie dust takes space!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!