Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    • I'm Theme Park Happy!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,565

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    My fast pass is getting their extra early and being the first person at the front gate waiting to be let in. I'll grab my fast pass. Then get in line and then use my fast pass later and then come back for a single rider line after that. 3 times in one day. It's just GOTTA WORK!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com



  2. #17

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Does anybody know if the "same attraction" exception is a fairly recent thing? I remember often times in the past when I've gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain say, at 1pm with a return time at 6pm, and then I am able to get another Space Mountain fastpass 2 hours later regardless of how late the first return time was.

    However, on a recent trip this May, I tried the exact same thing (got a fastpass around 1pm with a return time of around 6pm) and after 2 hours it said I couldn't get another Space Mountain fastpass until the return window came up. So I can confirm that the "same attraction" exception is true. What I can't figure out is when this changed because I KNOW I've done it on multiple occasions in years past (usually with Space Mountain lol). Does anybody know if this is a recent change in policy or have a similar experience? Am I going crazy???

  3. #18

    • Certified in everything
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I'll never tell!
    Posts
    535

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Quote Originally Posted by stradamati View Post
    Does anybody know if the "same attraction" exception is a fairly recent thing? I remember often times in the past when I've gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain say, at 1pm with a return time at 6pm, and then I am able to get another Space Mountain fastpass 2 hours later regardless of how late the first return time was.

    However, on a recent trip this May, I tried the exact same thing (got a fastpass around 1pm with a return time of around 6pm) and after 2 hours it said I couldn't get another Space Mountain fastpass until the return window came up. So I can confirm that the "same attraction" exception is true. What I can't figure out is when this changed because I KNOW I've done it on multiple occasions in years past (usually with Space Mountain lol). Does anybody know if this is a recent change in policy or have a similar experience? Am I going crazy???
    As long as I have used fastpass, there has been the "same attraction" exception. Some in this thread who have professed knowledge about the system are actually the ones who seem misinformed. Disney's Fastpass does indeed care what attraction you currently hold a Fastpass for.

    However, in more direct answer to your question, this has been around as long as I have been using Fastpass, so at least since around 2005. I cannot vouch for the 1999-2005 period.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

    "You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

  4. #19

    • You're late for TEAAA!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Swan Station (a.k.a. The Hatch)
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Quote Originally Posted by stradamati View Post
    Does anybody know if the "same attraction" exception is a fairly recent thing? I remember often times in the past when I've gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain say, at 1pm with a return time at 6pm, and then I am able to get another Space Mountain fastpass 2 hours later regardless of how late the first return time was.

    However, on a recent trip this May, I tried the exact same thing (got a fastpass around 1pm with a return time of around 6pm) and after 2 hours it said I couldn't get another Space Mountain fastpass until the return window came up. So I can confirm that the "same attraction" exception is true. What I can't figure out is when this changed because I KNOW I've done it on multiple occasions in years past (usually with Space Mountain lol). Does anybody know if this is a recent change in policy or have a similar experience? Am I going crazy???
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    As long as I have used fastpass, there has been the "same attraction" exception. Some in this thread who have professed knowledge about the system are actually the ones who seem misinformed. Disney's Fastpass does indeed care what attraction you currently hold a Fastpass for.

    However, in more direct answer to your question, this has been around as long as I have been using Fastpass, so at least since around 2005. I cannot vouch for the 1999-2005 period.
    It must be "newer" since I've done it before myself. I haven't done it recently but I for sure HAVE done it in the past. I've done it with Space Mountain, Big Thunder and Indy. I don't think I've ever attempted it at DCA though. So if this is a stipulation that's been added on in recent years, I apologize for any misinformation! Either that or I'm (and one or two other people here who claim to have done it before) going crazy!

  5. #20

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Thanks for the backup dth! I can swear on anything that this is something newer (and post-2005) that's been added (or at least is now being enforced by the computer system), because as early as a year or so ago I did this on multiple occasions on multiple trips, like you say, usually with Space or Indy whose fastpasses sell out the fastest and whose return times are usually well past the 2 hours once you get past noon.

    On my last trip, my girlfriend and I did the same procedure we've been doing for years (we go 5-6 times a year) and were stunned when the Space FP machine wouldn't give us a ticket after 2 hours. I don't quite understand the rationale behind the policy, especially for an older attraction (I understand for RSR, but those FPs sell out so quick its a moot point anyways). If you've waited 2 hours and there are still fastpasses available for the same ride, why shouldn't you be able to get another one? So what if after 2 hours I can now ride SM twice instead of SM and Indy once each?

    Sorry if this is starting to get OT, but it will become more relevant as the hype for RSR dies down and FP distribution regulates to a more "normal" E-ticket level.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    427

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    You, my friend, seriously need to consider offering boot-camp workouts in the park...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    No one has mentioned this so I will: the FastPass systems in DCA and Disneyland are not connnected.

    Assuming you can park hop, the best thing is stay at one of the three Disneyland Hotels so you get early entry at 7am, then go back and forth between the parks starting at 8am so you can accumulate as many FastPasses as possible between 7am and noon while simultaneously riding as many rides as possible before noon.
    The single rider line was the fastest, smoothest, easiest way to get into RSR! Hands down, it was probably a twenty minute wait (of course, this was after all the initial early morning chaos and confusion had been sorted out). And if you're ok with riding away from the rest of your party, what's wrong with hopping in the single-rider line 10+ times!

    Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    My fast pass is getting their extra early and being the first person at the front gate waiting to be let in. I'll grab my fast pass. Then get in line and then use my fast pass later and then come back for a single rider line after that. 3 times in one day. It's just GOTTA WORK!

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    764

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question



    From this morning. A Radiator Springs Racer Fastpass printed at 8:59am today.
    You needed to be in line before 8:45am to get a RSR Fastpass. The line took 20 minutes.
    And distribution ended at 9:10am.

    Note: It says another can be obtained at 10:55am, but distribution had ended.

    They also gave you a "Suprise Fastpass" for Grizzly River Run for 6 people.
    But it was only valid for one hour!

    The fastpasses for World of Color first show yellow were still available at noon.

  8. #23

    • See Ya Real Soon!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    472

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

    Note: It says another can be obtained at 10:55am, but distribution had ended.
    This is standard FP language. You can get a 2nd FP (for another attraction) 2 hours after you obtain a FP or when the window for the current FP opens.

  9. #24

    •   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chino Hills , CA
    Posts
    455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Yes the sooner you get in line for the fastpass the better. I got one at 8:15am , 15 min after opening and it was for 3:45 -4:45. These things go quick
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

  10. #25

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    Thanks for this thread and reminding me that I needed to update the Joy of Fastpass thread.


  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    337

    Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

    If you have early entry to DCA, are the FP machines for RSR open ?
    Gawrsh !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] "Radiator Springs Racers" Question
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 09:00 AM
  2. [Question] Radiator Springs Racers/Test Track technology question?
    By joeyhalderman in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
  3. [Question] Fastpass question
    By mountain_man in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 09:02 AM
  4. [Question] Another fastpass question (sorry!)
    By ReggieB in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
  5. [Question] Radiator Springs
    By DaisyDuck89 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 08:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •