Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

My fast pass is getting their extra early and being the first person at the front gate waiting to be let in. I'll grab my fast pass. Then get in line and then use my fast pass later and then come back for a single rider line after that. 3 times in one day. It's just GOTTA WORK!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Does anybody know if the "same attraction" exception is a fairly recent thing? I remember often times in the past when I've gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain say, at 1pm with a return time at 6pm, and then I am able to get another Space Mountain fastpass 2 hours later regardless of how late the first return time was.

However, on a recent trip this May, I tried the exact same thing (got a fastpass around 1pm with a return time of around 6pm) and after 2 hours it said I couldn't get another Space Mountain fastpass until the return window came up. So I can confirm that the "same attraction" exception is true. What I can't figure out is when this changed because I KNOW I've done it on multiple occasions in years past (usually with Space Mountain lol). Does anybody know if this is a recent change in policy or have a similar experience? Am I going crazy???

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by stradamati View Post
    Does anybody know if the "same attraction" exception is a fairly recent thing? I remember often times in the past when I've gotten a fastpass for Space Mountain say, at 1pm with a return time at 6pm, and then I am able to get another Space Mountain fastpass 2 hours later regardless of how late the first return time was.

However, on a recent trip this May, I tried the exact same thing (got a fastpass around 1pm with a return time of around 6pm) and after 2 hours it said I couldn't get another Space Mountain fastpass until the return window came up. So I can confirm that the "same attraction" exception is true. What I can't figure out is when this changed because I KNOW I've done it on multiple occasions in years past (usually with Space Mountain lol). Does anybody know if this is a recent change in policy or have a similar experience? Am I going crazy???
    As long as I have used fastpass, there has been the "same attraction" exception. Some in this thread who have professed knowledge about the system are actually the ones who seem misinformed. Disney's Fastpass does indeed care what attraction you currently hold a Fastpass for.

However, in more direct answer to your question, this has been around as long as I have been using Fastpass, so at least since around 2005. I cannot vouch for the 1999-2005 period.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradamati View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    As long as I have used fastpass, there has been the "same attraction" exception. Some in this thread who have professed knowledge about the system are actually the ones who seem misinformed. Disney's Fastpass does indeed care what attraction you currently hold a Fastpass for.

However, in more direct answer to your question, this has been around as long as I have been using Fastpass, so at least since around 2005. I cannot vouch for the 1999-2005 period.
    It must be "newer" since I've done it before myself. I haven't done it recently but I for sure HAVE done it in the past. I've done it with Space Mountain, Big Thunder and Indy. I don't think I've ever attempted it at DCA though. So if this is a stipulation that's been added on in recent years, I apologize for any misinformation! Either that or I'm (and one or two other people here who claim to have done it before) going crazy!

Thanks for the backup dth! I can swear on anything that this is something newer (and post-2005) that's been added (or at least is now being enforced by the computer system), because as early as a year or so ago I did this on multiple occasions on multiple trips, like you say, usually with Space or Indy whose fastpasses sell out the fastest and whose return times are usually well past the 2 hours once you get past noon.

On my last trip, my girlfriend and I did the same procedure we've been doing for years (we go 5-6 times a year) and were stunned when the Space FP machine wouldn't give us a ticket after 2 hours. I don't quite understand the rationale behind the policy, especially for an older attraction (I understand for RSR, but those FPs sell out so quick its a moot point anyways). If you've waited 2 hours and there are still fastpasses available for the same ride, why shouldn't you be able to get another one? So what if after 2 hours I can now ride SM twice instead of SM and Indy once each?

Sorry if this is starting to get OT, but it will become more relevant as the hype for RSR dies down and FP distribution regulates to a more "normal" E-ticket level.

You, my friend, seriously need to consider offering boot-camp workouts in the park...

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    No one has mentioned this so I will: the FastPass systems in DCA and Disneyland are not connnected.

Assuming you can park hop, the best thing is stay at one of the three Disneyland Hotels so you get early entry at 7am, then go back and forth between the parks starting at 8am so you can accumulate as many FastPasses as possible between 7am and noon while simultaneously riding as many rides as possible before noon.
    The single rider line was the fastest, smoothest, easiest way to get into RSR! Hands down, it was probably a twenty minute wait (of course, this was after all the initial early morning chaos and confusion had been sorted out). And if you're ok with riding away from the rest of your party, what's wrong with hopping in the single-rider line 10+ times!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    My fast pass is getting their extra early and being the first person at the front gate waiting to be let in. I'll grab my fast pass. Then get in line and then use my fast pass later and then come back for a single rider line after that. 3 times in one day. It's just GOTTA WORK!

From this morning. A Radiator Springs Racer Fastpass printed at 8:59am today.
    You needed to be in line before 8:45am to get a RSR Fastpass. The line took 20 minutes.
    And distribution ended at 9:10am.

Note: It says another can be obtained at 10:55am, but distribution had ended.

They also gave you a "Suprise Fastpass" for Grizzly River Run for 6 people.
    But it was only valid for one hour!

The fastpasses for World of Color first show yellow were still available at noon.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Note: It says another can be obtained at 10:55am, but distribution had ended.
    This is standard FP language. You can get a 2nd FP (for another attraction) 2 hours after you obtain a FP or when the window for the current FP opens.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Yes the sooner you get in line for the fastpass the better. I got one at 8:15am , 15 min after opening and it was for 3:45 -4:45. These things go quick
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for this thread and reminding me that I needed to update the Joy of Fastpass thread.

If you have early entry to DCA, are the FP machines for RSR open ?
    Gawrsh !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12