Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

Ok I am planning on going tuesday. If we get a fastpass for radiator springs racers and its for the evening but its only 10am when we get the fastpass ... after 2 hrs can we turn around and get a fastpass for the RSR again or does it have to be a different attraction?
    Thank you all!

Re: Radiator Springs Racer FastPass question

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Ok I am planning on going tuesday. If we get a fastpass for radiator springs racers and its for the evening but its only 10am when we get the fastpass ... after 2 hrs can we turn around and get a fastpass for the RSR again or does it have to be a different attraction?
    Thank you all!
    Ha, assuming the Fastpasses are still there, you will not be able to get another fp until the return time (the first time) has passed.

Say you get it at 10 am, and the return time is 1:00 to 2:00 pm, you'd be able to get another fp after 1, so 3 hours later.

• Certified in everything

Thank you all!
    After 2 hours you can get a Fastpass for a different attraction (unless your return time for RSR is under 2 hours from when you got it, which most likely will not be the case). You will have to wait for the first time on your return window to get another for RSR. Moreover, I doubt there will be any left by noon.

For more information on Disney's Fastpass, visit: The Joy of Fastpass
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Thank you all!
    Fastpasses were gone by 10 AM today, so expect them to be all out within the same time frame for the first month or so. I still never arrive early enough for FPs for Star Tours and that was a whole year ago on an updated attraction. Unless you are one of the first and your FP return time is within 30 minutes, only then would you probably be able to jump back in line (because there will be a line just for FPs) and get another but if your return time is 2 hours or more later, it's very doubtful you can just snag another one; any time after 10 AM that is. My suggestion is get a FP (which will probably have you return midday) and immediately get in the regular line and then enjoy it again later with the FPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    Ha, assuming the Fastpasses are still there, you will not be able to get another fp until the return time (the first time) has passed.

Say you get it at 10 am, and the return time is 1:00 to 2:00 pm, you'd be able to get another fp after 1, so 3 hours later.
    Incorrect. You can get another Fastpass 2 hours later or when your return time comes (even if it's only 45 minutes later), whichever happens first. There's also exclusions, such as WOC and I believe the FP system for Big Thunder Mountain is separate from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Incorrect. You can get another Fastpass 2 hours later or when your return time comes (even if it's only 45 minutes later), whichever happens first. There's also exclusions, such as WOC and I believe the FP system for Big Thunder Mountain is separate from the rest.
    I fail to see how what I said was any different from what you said (past just saying until after the return time, rather than two hours).

• See Ya Real Soon!

You can get a FP for ANOTHER attraction either two hours after you got the first FP or the return time of the FP which ever is first.

You can only get a FP for the SAME attraction after the return time of the first FP.

I fail to see how what I said was any different from what you said (past just saying until after the return time, rather than two hours).

Either your math is wrong or you're mistaken as to how the system works. Since what I said was correct, I'll fix your example.
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 1:00 - 2:00 PM, you can get another FP at 12 PM.
    An entire hour is a mighty difference.

Other examples, for the OP:
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM, you can get another FP at 10:45 AM.
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 9:15 PM - 10:15 PM, you can still get another FP at 12:00 PM at the earliest.
    Last edited by dth316; 06-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Thanks Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Either your math is wrong or you're mistaken as to how the system works. Since what I said was correct, I'll fix your example.
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 1:00 - 2:00 PM, you can get another FP at 12 PM.
    An entire hour is a mighty difference.

Other examples, for the OP:
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM, you can get another FP at 10:45 AM.
    If you get a Fastpass at 10 AM and your return time is 9:15 PM - 10:15 PM, you can still get another FP at 12:00 PM at the earliest.
    Not for the same ride. To get a fastpass for the same ride you have to wait until the next return time on the fastpass you go for that ride. My example was talking exclusively about getting multiple for RSR. Sorry for any confusion with that.

there is no difference in gettin a FP for another ride VS. the same ride. The FP machines don't care which ride your previous FP's are for just that A) it's been 2 hrs since the time you received the said FP or B) the FP time has passed whichever is sooner.

• I'm the only one!

honestly its really simple. Just read the fastpasses it tells you everything you need to know on it.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Not for the same ride. To get a fastpass for the same ride you have to wait until the next return time on the fastpass you go for that ride. My example was talking exclusively about getting multiple for RSR. Sorry for any confusion with that.
    Hm, never heard that one before. Sounds like somebody misinformed ya about it. It happens though. For some reason, Fastpass seems to be this mystical thing with weird rules when really it's plain and simple.

• Minion

If you get a RSR FP at 10am that isn't valid until 6pm -7pm here is what you can do at 12pm you can get another FP for a different attraction. You would not be able to get a FP for RsR until your window is up for Rsr at6pm to 7pm.

The system will not allow you to hold a FP for the same attraction until your time is up on it.

you can also find a lot of information here

The Joy of Fastpass

• Resident of the Caldera

No one has mentioned this so I will: the FastPass systems in DCA and Disneyland are not connnected.

Assuming you can park hop, the best thing is stay at one of the three Disneyland Hotels so you get early entry at 7am, then go back and forth between the parks starting at 8am so you can accumulate as many FastPasses as possible between 7am and noon while simultaneously riding as many rides as possible before noon.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    If you get a RSR FP at 10am that isn't valid until 6pm -7pm here is what you can do at 12pm you can get another FP for a different attraction. You would not be able to get a FP for RsR until your window is up for Rsr at6pm to 7pm.

The system will not allow you to hold a FP for the same attraction until your time is up on it.

you can also find a lot of information here

The Joy of Fastpass
    True, the attraction that you hold the Fastpass DOES matter. I've experienced this on Space Mountain earlier this year. It will not let you get another fastpass for the SAME attraction until the first pass's time is up, even if 2 hours has passed. I also didn't know about this stipulation until I tried it earlier this year, but it's good to know just in case you were thinking of accumulating fast passes for the same ride every 2 hours.
    Last edited by tillertyler; 06-16-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast