Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: Instant Concert! Just Add Water

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Oswald ears.
    I saw those too. LIkely those are the Epic Mickey 2 Ears that were given away at E3 last week.

Here is hoping they start selling those in dca

• Team Hail HYDRA

That I know is for next week for me at least
    it was a human zoo today

• Minion

Can anyone attest to how the sound is around the pier when the show is going? Do you hear it when you're on the other side or is it only focused on the WoC viewing area?

Call me a Scrooge, but I feel like for the people who come on a one-time vacation (non AP'ers), this kind of ruins the surprise for World of Color. Just last week I was standing next to a couple who came from out of town, they had absolutely no idea what they were about to see. When the bay erupted the look on their faces was as magical as the show itself!

That being said, if they are going to have a day show, the certainly did it right!

• Just good enough

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    Call me a Scrooge, but I feel like for the people who come on a one-time vacation (non AP'ers), this kind of ruins the surprise for World of Color. Just last week I was standing next to a couple who came from out of town, they had absolutely no idea what they were about to see. When the bay erupted the look on their faces was as magical as the show itself!

That being said, if they are going to have a day show, the certainly did it right!
    I disagree with the anticipation. It's only a 5 minute show and if anything it adds to the anticipation, almost like a sneak peak. With the advances of social media there are little surprises left to be had (unless someone steers completely away from them which is very difficult to do). I think a small preview of what's to come is never a bad thing and it doesn't ruin anything since it's the polar opposite being a daytime show.

This short is great and the how-to Goofy cartoons were some of my favorite (how to ski was always my personal favorite).
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

Honestly if you have no idea what World of Color is while inside the park by now, especially counting the fact that it says it outright in the entertainment guide... you must be living under a rock.

• Zephyr Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Can anyone attest to how the sound is around the pier when the show is going? Do you hear it when you're on the other side or is it only focused on the WoC viewing area?
    I can confirm that the music plays on the other side of the Pier. I was at KTC and TSMM during a couple shows.

I bet it looks awesome on the bridge, especially with being able to see Goofy conduct it from the side on the right as the water sprouts to your left.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

So cool.
    I think I can honestly say, without a doubt, for the first time ever, that on this vacation we will be spending a whole day at DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    I can confirm that the music plays on the other side of the Pier. I was at KTC and TSMM during a couple shows.
    Thanks for answering! I've got another question, though: Does it compete with whatever ambient music is on that side or is it all cut out for the show?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's my video from today. Overall, I enjoyed very cute and funny.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    Oswald ears.
    HA! That's me in the ears in the video, this was the 1pm show! (I got those at E3 - btw)

Overall, I loved it. I'm happy to see that they get more out of control as the day goes on. What a nice touch! Plus, I love how this is a simple 'pop up' show with people coming to see it just as it starts. Goofy steals the show, and it's very well done.
    -Monorail Man

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post

I actually agree with you. If anything they need to refrain from using the larger fountains until WOC.

And I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I find Goofy more of a distraction than anything else. Just play some music and have the fountains go off. And I'm sorry but that long introduction with Goofy IMO is a little boring. I understand it borrows from the classic Goofy cartoons but still if they are going to have him in the show they should at least shorten it.

But in general it is a nice show in and of itself. It looks better in sunshine than in overcast. I would see it - it is nice for what it is.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

This is cool! I wish my band director directed music like that! lol
    Because Bert Said So!

• Launch sequence engaged

I absolutely adore this! I especially love the interaction between Goofy and the voice, which hearkens back to those wonderful how-to videos with Goofy.

Also, in SoCalbma's video, at about the 1:35 mark unsuspecting viewers were sprayed with water! I'm really happy with this.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast