Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Instant Concert! Just Add Water

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    and if you notice in the first few minutes of video, you can see the fountains rising out of water. So they don't come out until the introduction!!
    Good eye! I went back to take a look. I love those types of details.

And I would take this over any parade anyday! I could look at these fountains for hours.

Thx to the OP for this!

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I find Goofy more of a distraction than anything else. Just play some music and have the fountains go off. And I'm sorry but that long introduction with Goofy IMO is a little boring. I understand it borrows from the classic Goofy cartoons but still if they are going to have him in the show they should at least shorten it.

But in general it is a nice show in and of itself. It looks better in sunshine than in overcast. I would see it - it is nice for what it is.
    Don't worry I won't flame you LOL! I found it hard to look back and forth from Goofy and the fountains. But in the end Goofy won! I think it would help if this little show was viewed from behind Goofy only -- similar to how a seated audience would view a orchestra performance.

If you cross the pier you would probably get a better view of the fountains in action -- and Goofy in the backdrop acting silly. I'm going to try this the next time I visit!
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 06-16-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typos

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    I disagree with the anticipation. It's only a 5 minute show and if anything it adds to the anticipation, almost like a sneak peak. With the advances of social media there are little surprises left to be had (unless someone steers completely away from them which is very difficult to do). I think a small preview of what's to come is never a bad thing and it doesn't ruin anything since it's the polar opposite being a daytime show.

This short is great and the how-to Goofy cartoons were some of my favorite (how to ski was always my personal favorite).
    but they only use 1/3 of the fountains (as i can see) and so they can't really see the whole scale of the show which is what blows them away. when i brought my relatives to see the show, they said the most impressive aspect was the HUGE array of fountains (and the lasers and fire which are also kept a secret). I was expecting something more calm and peaceful with beautiful orchestrated music, such as this:

but this works too haha i love goofy "how to" shorts!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

if you stand by the water you get wet!!! i did

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    but they only use 1/3 of the fountains (as i can see) and so they can't really see the whole scale of the show which is what blows them away. when i brought my relatives to see the show, they said the most impressive aspect was the HUGE array of fountains (and the lasers and fire which are also kept a secret). I was expecting something more calm and peaceful with beautiful orchestrated music, such as this:

but this works too haha i love goofy "how to" shorts!
    I dunno, I think those are too calm and peaceful. I like how funny the Goofy shows are.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    I dunno, I think those are too calm and peaceful. I like how funny the Goofy shows are.
    i just wish for more Disney music..

• Musical Fireman

^ Begging your pardon (I'm not old enough to steal)!!!!! You can hear Disney scores in a whole bunch of other areas, my opinion at least Goofy is perfect for this show and the music in a way helps reflect the early 20th century theme of Paradise Pier.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of ol' Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

I was actually thrilled to hear that it DOESN'T use Disney music.

• Minion

I actually wouldn't have minded a good blend of music. There are incredible scores in several films that have not been used anywhere else in the park and have amazing climaxes that would contribute to the momentum of the show. It doesn't have to be blatantly Disney for it to work. I understand that not many will recognize the scene from a few seconds of music, but I'm fairly confident that not everyone can even recognize all pieces anyway--especially the younger ones.

• Nor Cal AP'er

I was at one of the shows and got drenched filing it! lol!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

This is great. I love that they are actually using the fountains for added entertainment during the daylight hours! Goofy is a little distracting... and the show would be just as good I think without him, but it does add a nice touch. If you don't want to watch Goofy you can focus on the fountains.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This is great. I love that they are actually using the fountains for added entertainment during the daylight hours! Goofy is a little distracting... and the show would be just as good I think without him, but it does add a nice touch. If you don't want to watch Goofy you can focus on the fountains.
    I was observing on Saturday... and I would say most of the guests didn't even notice goofy... and if they did, their attention was drawn to the water as soon as fountain appeared.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

I love it, the addition of goofy makes the show more unique. A water show with just some music would make it seem like any other fountain show found in dozens of parks around the world.

I love that they finally found a show for the area that actually works. I always thought that they has the opportunity and perfect place to do something like this during the day in that park. I still think that a small show with dumbo and a bunch of clowns dressed on firemen suit would make a funny show. They could easily recreate a scene from the movie.

I could see a funny car and a small fire engine roaring out of the gates and parking at paradise park. They could add acrobatics while they set up some props to recreat a burning tower. Then the fun starts when one of the clowns turns open a fake water faucet and the fountains in the paradise park planters and play areastart going off. A few of the bay fountains could be used as well.

I think guests would enjoy it during the hot summer. I know I wpuld

Sorry to be the downer here - but I just didn't like this show at all.
    I thought it was a sad little remake of world of color (although I know that's not what it's trying to be).
    The fountains just aren't that impressive without the color and the water screen projections.
    Basically I felt like I was listening to symphony music while staring at some shooting water, it just didn't feel very exciting to me.
    I don't know if the color won't show up as much during the day or what, but I think they need to add something to make this daytime show better.
    I know they tried, but I'm not liking it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    i just wish for more Disney music..
    Well I think part of the reason its not done is because of WOC and remember that show uses SO MUCH Disney music as it is now with most of the big show stopping numbers and any time they are promoting a new movie like Brave gets even more music. So I think it was good to go a different way especially when the night show is basically one big soundtrack of Disney hits already.

As for the show, I really like it and it adds something more to the pier. I wasnt overly impressed with it when I saw it opening day, but I think part of it was the overcast. Looking at the video looks more entertaining and its good to know there are more shows. So will check more of them out in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast