Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    527

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I say take the Millionaire, Monsters Inc, and the place that is the arcade for the parties and put in something similar to the transformers ride but with the avengers for that space. It would fit in with the Hollywood area.
    From what I hear, the Transformers ride is great. However, my issue with statements like this is that I feel Disney should not be doing anything "like what so and so did.." I feel everyone else should be wanting to do it like Disney.

    I feel Disney is becoming too much of a follower than a leader, and it really does worry me that the park will slip and someday become "meh". I want them to come out with new ideas that no one has experienced before, and leave all the rest saying "lets do it like Disney".
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

  2. #17

    • The Uber Film Geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    196

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    I don't know if Marvel has enough properties to sustain a third gate to be honest. I mean, when people think Marvel including Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc; they think of essentially E-ticket rides. A theme park can't be filled completely with those types of attractions, thus anything that isn't spectacular would be unjust to the brand and thus devalue anything else associated with the Marvel universe.

    A Marvel theme park I feel would be too much, and an attraction or two in either park would be fulfill enough demand for people so they can get their Marvel fix as an E-ticket ride, because let's face it, anything else would be underwhelming.
    Nah, I think there's plenty of Marvel properties that could be used for 15-20 rides/attractions, easy. (Even with Cars Land now open DCA has a mere 20-ish rides, and that's counting the simple Paradise Pier and Bugs Land A/B ticket ones). You got all the X-Men - that's an entire land right there. The Avengers is another land - you could have an Avengers ride and then individual rides for each character. Spider-Man. Fantastic Four. Silver Surfer. Blade. Daredevil. Ghost Rider. Lots to work with, IMO.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

  3. #18

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    I WANT to see Marvel in the parks.


  4. #19

    • Just good enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    808

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by captveg View Post
    Nah, I think there's plenty of Marvel properties that could be used for 15-20 rides/attractions, easy. (Even with Cars Land now open DCA has a mere 20-ish rides, and that's counting the simple Paradise Pier and Bugs Land A/B ticket ones). You got all the X-Men - that's an entire land right there. The Avengers is another land - you could have an Avengers ride and then individual rides for each character. Spider-Man. Fantastic Four. Silver Surfer. Blade. Daredevil. Ghost Rider. Lots to work with, IMO.
    I agree that they have enough properties to fulfill a theme park (I misspoke earlier). But when it comes to attractions, the comics are full of action/adventure. Nobody wants to see a Hulk version of tea-cups or Casey Jr. I think anything other than E-ticket rides will be underwhelming for the characters and the properties. I'm sure there could be plenty of Meet and Greet locations (which is what Disney is moving towards anyway), but I think E-ticket exclusively is what the property should be about and anything like am omnimover ride wouldn't fulfill the expectations of Marvel fans. Let's face it, those are VERY HIGH expectations.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.








  5. #20

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,679

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I say take the Millionaire, Monsters Inc, and the place that is the arcade for the parties and put in something similar to the transformers ride but with the avengers for that space. It would fit in with the Hollywood area.
    Unless they do the West Coast Avengers, I don't see how.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  6. #21

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,320
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Unless they do the West Coast Avengers, I don't see how.
    The Avengers is a film...

  7. #22

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,679

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Avengers is a film...
    I am not of the mindset that just because it is a film, it fits into Hollywood. Bambi is a film, too. That doesn't mean it would fit.

    The West Coast Avengers would fit, as that team was based in LA. The other team would not as they are based on the east coast
    Last edited by calsig31; 06-15-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    730

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    I think a Marvel park would be the best. The E & D ticket rides could be for the more popular characters, like Avengers, X-men, Spider-Man, while the A,B,C ride could be for the least popular characters.

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I think a Marvel park would be the best. The E & D ticket rides could be for the more popular characters, like Avengers, X-men, Spider-Man, while the A,B,C ride could be for the least popular characters.
    Sure! In the X-men section of the park, you can the Wolverine E-ticket next door to the Marrow A-ticket! Like anyone knows who Marrow is...

    Marvel's got thousands of characters and there are only a select few that really have the potential for attractions. Sure, you can shoehorn the fantastic four into the E-tickets, but you can't just throw in a "least popular" character into the lower tiered attractions.

    Could a Marvel park be done? Sure. Are single attractions scattered around the already existing two parks more likely to happen? Unless Disney wants to wait 10 years to bring the Avengers into the parks, I'd say yes.

  10. #25

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,679

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    I don't know if Marvel has enough properties to sustain a third gate to be honest. I mean, when people think Marvel including Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc; they think of essentially E-ticket rides. A theme park can't be filled completely with those types of attractions, thus anything that isn't spectacular would be unjust to the brand and thus devalue anything else associated with the Marvel universe.

    A Marvel theme park I feel would be too much, and an attraction or two in either park would be fulfill enough demand for people so they can get their Marvel fix as an E-ticket ride, because let's face it, anything else would be underwhelming.
    Not necessarily. Marvel has such a rich story history that not everything has to be a thrilling E-ticket coaster. There are so many tales that could be retold as a classic dark ride.

    Picture great stories like the origin of the Fantastic 4 or epic takes like the Dark Phoenix Saga or Secret Wars brought to life in front of you with animatronics as you float by in a flume or with an omnimover. Rides like that will do the brand justice, not some unsightly steal coaster with a superhero name slapped on the side.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

  11. #26

    • film975
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    I love hearing that Mr. Staggs wants to take time in bringing Marvel to the parks. I also love hearing that he wants to do it right.

  12. #27

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    the amazing spiderman climbing matterhorn mountain


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  13. #28

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    I can't wait to see how they incorporate all these magnificent stories and amazing characters into Disney parks!!! As far as a third gate goes am not sure if they could pull it off. You would be making a park that zero'd in on one audience. They would need a section of a park much like IOA has them. The big question is where does that section go? That to me would be a third gate of some sort.

  14. #29

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,840

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    ORDDU: The Marvel Universe just does not fit into Disneyland. Let them have their own park if necessary but don't bring two totally different worlds into the same park where they are bound to clash horribly.

    ORWEN: The more outside properties they bring into Disneyland makes the park less 'Disney'. That's not why we like Disney theme parks. We go there for the REAL Disney characters--not Marvel.

  15. #30

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    279

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    ...as long as it stays in DCA, I don't care.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 08:44 AM
  2. [Chat] I don't think Disney Parks is going to put Marvel into the parks...
    By RatherBeAtDLand in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 02:21 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 06:25 PM
  4. [Question] How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?
    By send2sunshine in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
  5. [Question] What do you hope will happen with Marvel and the parks?
    By dogtherock in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •