Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I love hearing that Mr. Staggs wants to take time in bringing Marvel to the parks. I also love hearing that he wants to do it right.
    The man made a name for himself heading up Strategic Planning, the now gone group within the Company that is reviled for its obsession with forced synergy. I have a hard time his "do it right" has completely changed.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Now it is The Avengers, the production and success of which have absolutely nothing to do with The Walt Disney Company.
    Couldn't be more wrong. Its success is right on Disney's shoulders as they handled ALL of the marketing for the movie, and they were praised for how well they marketed it compare to John Carter. The entire production was also a Disney production. They bought the remaining contract out from under Paramount for something like $120 million, and every Marvel movie from Thor onwards was handled 100% by Disney and Marvel. They only kept the Paramount logo at the beginning for consistency's sake with the previous movies.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^the movie was good...and people have been waiting for it for either...5 years...OR 30 years

Disney did a good job marketing it but the movie it's self is what made the money..it was well written, and people like me saw it three times. It was the movie being good not Disney that made it what it is

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Couldn't be more wrong. Its success is right on Disney's shoulders as they handled ALL of the marketing for the movie, and they were praised for how well they marketed it compare to John Carter. The entire production was also a Disney production. They bought the remaining contract out from under Paramount for something like $120 million, and every Marvel movie from Thor onwards was handled 100% by Disney and Marvel. They only kept the Paramount logo at the beginning for consistency's sake with the previous movies.
    While this is true, the majority of the public will still see The Avengers and all other Marvel characters as Marvel; Not Disney. It'll be a LONG time before a lot of people including me start thinking, Disney's Hulk and Disney's Spiderman. Marvel has been around since at least the 60's (the 1930's as Timely Comics) and so has the characters - people have grown up knowing them as Marvel. This is why it's a lot easier for people to attribute Pixar films with Disney since Pixar films are relatively recent (90's)... And being that half of Pixar's films were produced after Disney bought them (2 of those were sequels from earlier). Superheroes are also hard to attribute Disney to without thinking of DC or Marvel first. With Pixar, they've created a lot more Disney-like family animations that are more comparable with Disney than superheroes are. While, I'm not saying it can't be done, or it shouldn't be in the parks, I'm just saying it's going to be harder for people to see Marvel as a Disney property/asset, even if they technically own them.
    Because Bert Said So!

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    While this is true, the majority of the public will still see The Avengers and all other Marvel characters as Marvel; Not Disney. It'll be a LONG time before a lot of people including me start thinking, Disney's Hulk and Disney's Spiderman. Marvel has been around since at least the 60's (the 1930's as Timely Comics) and so has the characters - people have grown up knowing them as Marvel. This is why it's a lot easier for people to attribute Pixar films with Disney since Pixar films are relatively recent (90's)... Superheroes are also hard to attribute Disney to without thinking of DC or Marvel first. With Pixar, they've created a lot more Disney-like family animations that are more comparable with Disney than superheroes. While, I'm not saying it can't be done, or it shouldn't be in the parks, I'm just saying it's going to be harder for people to see Marvel as a Disney property/asset, even if they technically own them.
    As time passes, Disney is not going to let anyone forget that Marvel is a Disney brand. Look at Pixar. Same deal.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Captain America on Main Street. Replace Cars Land with Avengers land.
    No, and double no.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    No, it was handled by Marvel. The same people would have been calling the shots regardless of the purchase. It's like trying to claim that Pixar's success was because of Disney. Marvel was purchased for its content and talent, not because Disney thought they could do more with an under appreciated brand.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    ...as long as it stays in DCA, I don't care.
    Marvel needs to stay OUT of DCA it wont fit with the theme, now for Avengers in Tomorrowland sure why not that land lost its focus a long time ago.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Marvel needs to stay OUT of DCA it wont fit with the theme, now for Avengers in Tomorrowland sure why not that land lost its focus a long time ago.
    Some of it will.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    No, it was handled by Marvel. The same people would have been calling the shots regardless of the purchase. It's like trying to claim that Pixar's success was because of Disney. Marvel was purchased for its content and talent, not because Disney thought they could do more with an under appreciated brand.
    Marvel Studios is treated like the live action Pixar within Disney. And if Brave is anything to go by, Pixar isn't as independent of Disney's meddling as people would like to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Marvel Studios is treated like the live action Pixar within Disney. And if Brave is anything to go by, Pixar isn't as independent of Disney's meddling as people would like to believe.
    Then there is that John Lasseter guy who has about 18 titles with both Disney and Pixar... The Chairman of Walt Disney Studios (Alan Horn) is also head of Pixar Studios and Marvel Studios as well as Disney Studios which includes production, marketing, and distribution of all films. The Disney Studios Chairman is also over the marketing and distribution of DreamWork's live action pictures though not the production. That's the pecking order.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

It's gotta be a third park.

I don't see how it could be anything but. Disneyland is not one for shoe-horning in characters like some other parks (I'm looking at you, Knotts).

• Minion

^where did knotts shoehorn characters? If your talking about the Peanuts, they have their own land.

And it feels completely weird. What do the Peanuts have to do with the Knotts brand? It's like if there was a MetLife World, and the Peanuts were there.

Yes, Disney owns Marvel now, but the theme of DL is, you have to admit, much different from the theme of Marvel Comics. I don't see it happening without some major culture clash.

I am for one very excited to have marvel in Disney. I would love marvel only if it is right way. I had two ideas about marvel one is a iron man ride/stark expo area where the innoventions is. I will be ok also to have a avengers ride where innoventions is ONLY if it the outside of the building is theme of tomorrow. My second idea was to put a captain america ride where the Hollywood Studios is in DCA. Captain America is theme in the 1940's in WWII this is a great idea in the new 1940s Hollywoodland. One of these idea would be great. I DO NOT THINK PUTTING MARVEL IN A THIRD GATE IS A GOOD IDEA because disneyland has very limit space and I do not want all of the third gate to be about marvel. I want the third gate to be westcot or a new idea not marvel world. Let the imagneers build something unique with marvel like they did with Indian Jones or star was and i bet every person that hated the idea of marvel will love it. I will be excited when ever they announced it and i am happy Tom Staggs is making good project and hopefully he will make a winner with marvel

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast