Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    31

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    No, yeah, whenever it goes, I think we can expect to see Stark Expo.

  2. #47

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The man made a name for himself heading up Strategic Planning, the now gone group within the Company that is reviled for its obsession with forced synergy.
    Not to mention being Michael Eisner's Chief Financial Officer for years, and an investment banker for Morgan Stanley & Co. before joining Disney. When it comes to promoting brands and slashing budgets, there's none better.


    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I have a hard time his "do it right" has completely changed.
    I absolutely believe Tom when he says Disney wants to "do it right" when it comes to putting Marvel in existing Disney parks.

    Of course, Disney's track record of what it has (and has not) greenlit for DLR and WDW in the last quarter century makes it crystal clear what he means by the word "right."
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    314

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Sounds like DCA redo part 2.

  4. #49

    • Oh, I just LOVE your hat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Route!
    Posts
    297

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgower1994 View Post
    I am for one very excited to have marvel in Disney. I would love marvel only if it is right way. I had two ideas about marvel one is a iron man ride/stark expo area where the innoventions is. I will be ok also to have a avengers ride where innoventions is ONLY if it the outside of the building is theme of tomorrow. My second idea was to put a captain america ride where the Hollywood Studios is in DCA. Captain America is theme in the 1940's in WWII this is a great idea in the new 1940s Hollywoodland. One of these idea would be great. I DO NOT THINK PUTTING MARVEL IN A THIRD GATE IS A GOOD IDEA because disneyland has very limit space and I do not want all of the third gate to be about marvel. I want the third gate to be westcot or a new idea not marvel world. Let the imagneers build something unique with marvel like they did with Indian Jones or star was and i bet every person that hated the idea of marvel will love it. I will be excited when ever they announced it and i am happy Tom Staggs is making good project and hopefully he will make a winner with marvel
    To be honest, I actually like the idea of Stark Expo at Innoventions and especially a Captain America ride in one of the soundstages of HollywoodLand. You might have changed my mind about Marvel in the parks.
    Because Bert Said So!

  5. #50

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,075
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Just as the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises were well fit into the Resort, Marvel too could be done well. It is all about balance though both of Disney and aquired franchises, and original experiances as well.

  6. #51

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bellaire, Texas, United States
    Posts
    101

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Planetsix- I am happy i changed your mind hopefully Disney will listen to me

    Trevor- 100% agree with you

    Marvel in disney park can be a great thing let just hope they make a great E-Ticket!!

    Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

  7. #52

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    147

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Just as the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises were well fit into the Resort, Marvel too could be done well. It is all about balance though both of Disney and aquired franchises, and original experiances as well.
    you've got it....no one bats an eye about having Indiana Jones or Star Wars in the parks, but mention Marvel and they throw their hands up in protest. These 2 universes are not Disney and have more in common with Marvel, but they were intergrated so well that it's common place now and it will be the same for Marvel. They should get rid of Innoventions and make that Stark Expo...after all in the movies they portrait Howard Stark as a Walt Disney type of person. I think with time Disney will come up with Marvel attractions that would make the Universal ones look like a joke (let's paint a roller coaster green and call it the Hulk ride or make a tea cup type ride and call it Storm's Whirlwinds...I mean come on). We can be assured that there will be no characters walking around Main Street...no doubt they'll be placed in some meet and greet area as that is the new thing. All we can do is wait and see what they plan on doing with this and just accept the fact that it will happen.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

  8. #53

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,164
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Just as the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises were well fit into the Resort, Marvel too could be done well. It is all about balance though both of Disney and aquired franchises, and original experiances as well.
    But again, why should I trust the man who made a name for himself pushing for the worst of Disney's synergy efforts? Why is he suddenly so admired, especially since Strategic Planning and Eisner's focus on cost cutting were so hated? Because he replaced meet and greets with a little roller coaster?

  9. #54

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Undisclosed location somwhere in SoCal
    Posts
    181

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    I think that the fact that Marvel seems to not fit in Disney is because we associate Marvel rides with Roller Coasters. I am sure that Disney is going to take a better approach. After seeing what happened with DCA, I don't think they will try to make bland overlays of off the shelf rides like 6 flags and Universal does.

  10. #55

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    An interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It is indeed a relief, both that they are bringin in some of these Marvel properties and that they are taking their time with them and not just sticking it in anywhere "willy nilly".
    Which people here have been saying would happen everytime the latest Marvel doomsday thread was started!

    Again I dont think anyone ever thought they was going to include a Spiderman ride in FL or Hulk in NOS. Excited to hear whats coming!

  11. #56

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    1940's Captain America ride in the new HollywoodLand at DCA would be very cool actually

  12. #57

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,164
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    I think that the fact that Marvel seems to not fit in Disney is because we associate Marvel rides with Roller Coasters. I am sure that Disney is going to take a better approach. After seeing what happened with DCA, I don't think they will try to make bland overlays of off the shelf rides like 6 flags and Universal does.
    The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is widely considered one of the greatest attractions in the world and was recently made even better. Universal has hardly set a low bar in regards to what can be done with the Marvel characters.

  13. #58

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimationStudio View Post
    No, yeah, whenever it goes, I think we can expect to see Stark Expo.
    So, will a Stark Expo just be a lot of cool ultra-fake technology, based on the comics? Would there be anything based on any sort of potential reality based future?

    ---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is widely considered one of the greatest attractions in the world and was recently made even better. Universal has hardly set a low bar in regards to what can be done with the Marvel characters.
    Agree!

  14. #59

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,075
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    But again, why should I trust the man who made a name for himself pushing for the worst of Disney's synergy efforts? Why is he suddenly so admired, especially since Strategic Planning and Eisner's focus on cost cutting were so hated? Because he replaced meet and greets with a little roller coaster?
    My post wasn't speaking to that so I couldn't tell you. All I can say is that balance is the key.

  15. #60

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,693

    Re: Tom Staggs on bringing Marvel to the parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Helios77 View Post
    you've got it....no one bats an eye about having Indiana Jones or Star Wars in the parks, but mention Marvel and they throw their hands up in protest. These 2 universes are not Disney and have more in common with Marvel, but they were intergrated so well that it's common place now and it will be the same for Marvel. They should get rid of Innoventions and make that Stark Expo...after all in the movies they portrait Howard Stark as a Walt Disney type of person. I think with time Disney will come up with Marvel attractions that would make the Universal ones look like a joke (let's paint a roller coaster green and call it the Hulk ride or make a tea cup type ride and call it Storm's Whirlwinds...I mean come on). We can be assured that there will be no characters walking around Main Street...no doubt they'll be placed in some meet and greet area as that is the new thing. All we can do is wait and see what they plan on doing with this and just accept the fact that it will happen.

    Indiana Jones AND Star Wars were both adaptable into the preexisting lands of Disneyland, that's why it worked out so well for them. I can't see Marvel getting the same results unless you really mess the theme of certain lands entirely or shoehorn them in without a care. With the rethemes in DCA, it's going to be a lot harder for Marvel to fit into those set-in-stone themed lands.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 08:44 AM
  2. [Chat] I don't think Disney Parks is going to put Marvel into the parks...
    By RatherBeAtDLand in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 02:21 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 06:25 PM
  4. [Question] How strict are they about bringing food in the parks?
    By send2sunshine in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
  5. [Question] What do you hope will happen with Marvel and the parks?
    By dogtherock in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •