Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: How long do you guys think Luigi's Flying Tires is going to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    I went on LFT for the press preview yesterday, and found it very hard to move around and navigate. Like most people say, it probably takes a few tries before you can get the hang of it. But the loading and capacity of that ride is probably the worst of any Disney ride. I mean, the time between when I was seated and buckled in and when we started moving was probably about 5 minutes, plus about a minute and a half of moving time, followed by a minute and a half to get off. Now I'm not bashing LFT, I think it's pretty unique experience for those who didn't get to experience the Flying Saucers and could be really fun ride once you can get the hang of it, but do you think it's here to stay or will it eventually be removed/replaced? A really nice cast member (one of this nicest I've met) and I were chatting about the new DCA (we both like Mulholland Madness and the Sun Wheel over their new counterparts) and he said that they spent about 1.1 million on the tire vehicles alone, but that he thinks they are going to have safety/liability issues considering that large step over the inflated part into the tires after seeing a some people tripping when getting in. Your thoughts?
    the ride is 2 1/2 minutes and the loading takes about the same

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I am number 4 of 999

DCA 2.0's "Superstar Limo"? (SAY IT AIN'T SO!)

---------- Post added 06-16-2012 at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I'm surprised they event built Mater, considering there's an identical ride in Bug's Land.
    Except that there ISN'T an "identical" ride like Mater's in A Bug's Land. At all.
    Last edited by ghosty4; 06-16-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Team Hail HYDRA

They are similar In the fact they change tables and hat is it
    how do they change tables

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    How long do you guys think Luigi's Flying Tires is going to last?
    I think Luigi's was a valiant attempt, but it simply isn't meeting expectations. I'm fine with that, though. I'd rather they attempt and fail than never attempt at all.

I give it 3 years in its present form. Who knows, maybe they're develop a second generation of ride vehicles that have more "uumph". If they do, that could breathe new life into it. If not, I'm guessing they could replace it with a Dumbo or Astro Orbiter type of attraction, with "Flying Tires" instead of elephants or rockets. Although those types of attractions aren't my thing, guests love them, as evidenced by the long lines for them even on low capacity days.

I really loved the ride, though I would never wait more than 20-30 minutes for it. I don't think it's going anywhere, they will just change things up to make it more efficient. (hopefully)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

They will slowly make it better..so i think for years

• Functional & Decorative

Yeah, I just do not understand why they didn't add a sweeper arm to virtually double loading capacity. For goodness sake, Magic Mountain figured this out in the 70s with their El Bumpo ride.

Name:  3 elbumbo_metro.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  29.9 KB

The arm would move back and forth, "pushing" the boats on one side into a line for loading, allowing the opposite side to do their cycle (although in this particular pic, the boats on one side are already lined up in storage, but you can see what I mean).
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I can see someone who has had a few beers, not stepping on the right place falling. The may need a breathalizer before you can board the tires

I just rode it today and it was great!!! Everyone was going decent speeds at least. Some were absolutely FLYING!!! I was probably the fastest on the floor during my run lol. And i don't know if they buckled down on loading but they were very quick. 1-1.5 min tops for unloading and loading combined. No one was having a difficult time getting the tires to move. This ride is great and the line does not move near as slow as some have said. No ride has ever made me laugh this much. I hope it stays forever!!!
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I just rode it today and it was great!!! Everyone was going decent speeds at least. Some were absolutely FLYING!!! I was probably the fastest on the floor during my run lol. And i don't know if they buckled down on loading but they were very quick. 1-1.5 min tops for unloading and loading combined. No one was having a difficult time getting the tires to move. This ride is great and the line does not move near as slow as some have said. No ride has ever made me laugh this much. I hope it stays forever!!!
    I hope it stays forever too! I've been so tempted this past weekend to get back to DLR just to ride LFT again. One time I picked up so much speed I was able to fly across the entire length of arena and back. In the future I can definitely see Disney adding small improvements like a bigger arena and finessing the tire controls.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    DCA 2.0's "Superstar Limo"? (SAY IT AIN'T SO!)

---------- Post added 06-16-2012 at 03:23 AM ----------

Except that there ISN'T an "identical" ride like Mater's in A Bug's Land. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    They are similar In the fact they change tables and hat is it
    how do they change tables
    So you mean the spinny ride that changes tables isn't like the other spinny ride that changes tables? OH! It has a tractor in front of you. You're right. They're COMPLETELY different

• Adventures with Duffy

I really enjoyed Luigis Flying Tires. Yeah its not a fast moving line and Disney could look for ways to improve that. The ride itself is a lot of fun, like most rides I like, I wished it last longer, but then again that would make the line longer. It would have been cool if they had enough room to add two areas (like two Dumbos) They only had so much room and I think its a great addition and I hope it stays for a long time.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Minion

If the slow-moving queue gets to be a problem, the easy solution is to add things to do in line. Once the hype dies down, there'll be plenty of room to add in some hands-on activities like functioning car jacks (? no idea what they're called, but the stuff that move cars up to change their tires), spinning tires that reveal something, etc.

• No Disassemble!

Do you think they'll keep it open when it's raining?

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Do you think they'll keep it open when it's raining?
    According to Al Lutz they've run it in the rain during testing:

The crew of Imagineers at Luigi’s Flying Tires has been having the most fun with their testing during the recent rains; it turns out that when the massive air compressors turn the ride surface into the world’s largest air hockey table, the rain is sprayed back up in a fine mist around the vehicles. The result is nothing dangerous and doesn’t appear to get riders any wetter than they already would be out in the rain, but it created a wild looking water effect and proved that the custom-designed ride control system could handle the rare rainy day in Anaheim.
    Generally they run things in the rain if it's safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast