Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How long do you guys think Luigi's Flying Tires is going to last?

Instead of beach balls they should have wires With churros at the end. People that are watching could move the wires and force people to try and catch one. Kind of like fishing for hungry guests with flying churros

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

Seriously though I wonder if they could increase the air output to help the tires elevate more and give the tires and make the tires float easier when guests do not know how to move them.

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

By the way this should be fun when it is raining. I wonder how the air will make the water mist up

•   

I'm guessing that they dont want any more air because it would increase the maximum speed too. If you watch a few cycles, you'll see that some people start going really fast. Just the right speed to have a fun collision without anyone getting hurt. But if people were going even faster I think it would be a safety concern. I think the solution is just to have the CM's be really helpful as they explain how to move around on the tires. Based on my own experiences riding Luigi's, I think you can boil it down to a few tips:

1. Lean in the direction you want to go.
    2. Leaning too far slows you down, especially if you're leaning side to side or if you have multiple people on the tire.
    3. Lean in the same direction for a long time. The longer you lean, the faster you go.
    4. Balance the people on the tire. Dont put two kids on one side and an adult on the other.
    5. Always work together with the person(s) you're riding with.

There are also strategy things like aiming for open areas so you have room to pick up speed.

Regarding rain, I heard that during testing, Luigi's would sometimes go down because of the rain. It depends on the amount of rain, I think.

• The Lucky Rabbit

@CMinParadise, great tips. When we rode we did not have a problem picking up speed. It is difficult to pick up the balls though once your in the tire. That being said I think if you could go faster is would definitely be a safety concern. I know one pair who had lots of open space went as fast as the could into a section of beach balls and some of the balls kicked up pretty fast and clocked a few people in the head pretty hard. You could see one of them was a little dazed and taken by surprise after the impact of the beach ball.

All in all it is a fun ride and throughabck to the past.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Looking forward to trying this out when we go at the end of the month

But seeing all of these threads popping up about the death of rides so soon after they 'officially' opened is a bit....disconcerting =/

Do we really need to predict them closing at this point in time?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Minion

So after riding it three times I can give an opinion here. I think this attraction is pretty fun. We got it moving pretty well and were able to get around and knock into our friends. Now that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement of course.

Somehow they need to speed the line up. I would not wait or 45 mins for this thing and the line is consistently 100 mins or more. We did it at the beginning of the day and made it the first priority. The obvious solution of course is to make it bigger or build another. Now we all know that cost money of course and where and how to do it is a huge part

As mentioned numerous times the loading of people who need extra assistance this is simply flat out the wrong way to do it. They need to refine it to help speed up the process and make it safe.

Again I really enjoyed this attraction and hope they find a way to speed the line up somehow.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I went on the tires today and had a blast! We had no trouble maneuvering, all thanks to the CM who taught us how before we rode the attraction. It was really fun! ... however, I don't think it's 'wait 2 hours' fun though :T I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes for this ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MochaCat View Post
    I can see it now, someone gets hit and takes it the wrong way or is injured.
    You are 100% right. While riding the tires today, a random teenager (about 13 to 15 years old) purposely chucked one of the beach balls at my head and laughed about it. It actually hurt my neck since he did put quite a bit of force into it and forced my head to suddenly snap to the side. He was on my right side and I kind of saw him in my peripheral vision (I was looking straight ahead) and out of no where *BOOM* My girlfriend was with me and actually saw the whole thing, so I wasn't imagining it. We both saw him fly away laughing at what he did. Boy, did I want to clobber that kid -____-

Haven't ridden it, but I watched several cycles. It needs a couple more CMs to help usher people to their tires faster and check them all so it can start quickly (If this ride were at Knott's, with all their crazy recent extra-safety checks, the cycle would be more like every 15 minutes!)
    The atmosphere and the music are great. In the daytime, I'd hate it because it's too sunny and hot but it's rather magical at night. I had envisioned the entire surface area to be much smaller, so I'm glad at how large it really is (was the Flying Saucers this big?)
    I give it 2-3 years, with several adjustments during it's run.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Guardian Construct

is there a car for people who cant take big steps to get out or a wheel chair type tire

If it doesn't work out in it's current form it could always be converted into some form of an aquatopia. Floating on air or water.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    is there a car for people who cant take big steps to get out or a wheel chair type tire
    They have a special area to load one tire but I haven't seen it used. It uses a standard tire so you have to transfer over to it. There's some pictures of it being used here. I'm not sure if it has a ramp but clearly they have some way to help you out when it comes to loading.

• Guardian Construct

oh good I thought I was going to have to skip this one! thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    They have a special area to load one tire but I haven't seen it used. It uses a standard tire so you have to transfer over to it. There's some pictures of it being used here. I'm not sure if it has a ramp but clearly they have some way to help you out when it comes to loading.

Having actually ridden it, I can safely say: for a long time... with adjustments. In its current state, it's a very unique and fun attraction that, once you get the hang of it, can be a total blast. I had fun hunting down beach balls and scooting way across the floor, picking up great speed. Then again, I only waited 25 minutes for it by heading for it first thing. (smartest move I made all day) Of course, those 25 minutes felt like an eternity. I can't begin to imagine how two hours of constant Italian music, little to no movement and Luigi constantly in your ear, "Look how they LEAN to move! Watch and learn!"...every time. Cute kids menu-esque pamphlets or not, I can't see that being fun.

Then again, there is proof of guests waiting 90 minutes for Dumbo. And when people finally ride, they're having a good time. I do think Disney will eventually address the horrid capacity issues since y'know, it's a benefit to allow for more riders. They might as well double their capacity by building another arena on the opposite side of the queue a la Mater's. (I believe there is room) 800 per hour still isn't much but it's a heck of a lot better than what it's doing now. The tires probably won't be redesigned, though.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

maybe make the ride bigger to increase capacity?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Our party was there opening day. We camped out in front. The wait was less than 5 minutes before we got on the ride and just a few minutes from the time we got our tires until it actually started. It was very fun and EASY to maneuver. All you had to do was lean in the direction you wanted to go. The HUGE beach balls added to the fun. I liked it a lot. I want to do it again. Although I don't think I would want to wait in a long line. It's not difficult to step over the tire into the seating area. I have to agree about Mulholland Madness. I don't like the ride better as Goofy's whatever. The Sun Wheel is the same.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    So you mean the spinny ride that changes tables isn't like the other spinny ride that changes tables? OH! It has a tractor in front of you. You're right. They're COMPLETELY different
    Sometimes I sit back and really wonder if people on this website even leave their house, let alone actually go to Disneyland, before spouting their heads off about their opinions on message boards. The Ladybug Boogie is like the Teacups. Mater's is a classic "whip" ride. Just because they are on a turntable DOES NOT mean they are "exactly" the same. It's like saying orange juice and lemonade are EXACTLY the same because they're made of fruit.

They simply are not EXACTLY the same.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast