• Ben

Re: Dancin' with Disney - Rare Disney Characters - Stage 17 DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan View Post
    Yeah the place looks like something from Disney World

-mark
    +1 :-)

• Lost in Wonderland

I see they reused the backdrop from "Disney Channel Rocks". It works though; it's not a bad thing.

• backwards driver

I saw the Villains dance that they did. Cruella, Prince John, Sheriff of Rottingham, Queen of Hearts, Smee, Captain Hook, Big Bad Wolf, and Jafar, i thought it was pretty cool.

Each of the villains had there own dance. For prince John they did a limbo that was done under gigantic dollar bill rolls. For the big bad wolf he did a special dance where he BLEW wind all around and then these leaves would fall and blow around the room. I forget the other dances but they did do the vogue strike a pose song, and each villain would strike a different pose each time, great for photos! Oh and they did a conga line, it was crazy watching Captain hook playing and dancing happily with little kids. Jafar was off stage for alot of it.

Anyways it was really quite fun and they provided nice chairs for the parents to sit in and rest while the kids played. At the end each villain took a bow and left. I didn't stay for the next group, apparently each group is kind of themed and there is a short break between each one. The music though keeps playing and the Dance Themed CM's stay out the whole time. I think it was the first show they had done for the public so I don't know if they have changed it since then or not.

What a great idea for the kids. Looking forward to this in September.

what was Stage 17?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Banned User

I heard a horrible rumor that the characters refuse to sign autographs. Is this true? What a waste of such rare characters being around.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I heard a horrible rumor that the characters refuse to sign autographs. Is this true? What a waste of such rare characters being around.
    Yes they don't do autographs and if you want a picture with them you have to dance with them and have someone in your group to take the picture or the characters will not take a picture with you. Like I said I don't know how to dance but for me to get pics with Big Bad Wolf,Prince John,Sheriff,Drizella and Marie I had to dance with them or in Drizella's case ask her to marry me to get the pics.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

Also I did get some pics of the characters by themselfs but it wasn't that easy to do it when 1. people keep getting in the way. 2. The characters themself keep moving in different places. One more thing when Jafar's music is finish he goes back to the back until the villians are done with there stuff and them he will come back out and go on stage to say goodbye. I saw him do it twice when I was there.
    Last edited by Capt Hook; 06-21-2012 at 10:31 PM.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    If they had it as a chance for autographs, then that is ALL that it would end up being is a meet and greet.

I took my 10 year olds there yesterday and it was really fun and my boys had a blast. The stupidly named "parents chill zone", is a welcome welcome welcome spot to be on a hot crowded day. The bf and I grabbed a couple adult beverages and sat, relaxed and cooled down in the lovely air conditioning.

The songs were a great variation from classic songs, kid songs, and current top 40's. Every kid there was having a blast and even the adults jumped in on some songs. BF and I got up for the cha cha slide and the chicken dance. The character interaction is really good. We stayed through two character sets. One of the mischevious characters (capt hook, big bad, jafar, genie, baloo) and one of the "girls of disney" (the ugly stepsisters, marie the cat, daisy, clarabelle, lilo). Each group had their own themed songs. The best was the stepsisters, they were really fun and stayed true to character. One of them even did a lovely waltz with a teenage boy. After the dance she went over to the guys female friends and had a little interaction with them being upset that the boy was with them.

It definitely feels thrown together, but it's a great addition to this busy summer and a really great time for all ages.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Awwww so cute!

This could be a really great place to bust out some old school characters! It's fabulous, to me at least, that Disney has made this cute dance party for the younger set. The kiddies can't always stay up for the MadTParty so having this fun bit just for them is perfect!

And a special Bravo to Disney for bringing out some of the not-so-well loved Villans. The Evil Step Sisters? Too perfect!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Still Dizzy

They did Beyonce's Single Ladies as one of the songs for the stepsisters which was just perfect! They also did one right before that for them that was a song themed to finding a guy or something and they had the girls looking for the perfect guy to propose to them. LOL

• my favorite sociopath

I notice on the video that the step sisters were not part of the villain group. Have they been rehabilitated? Are they 'good' girls now?
    Last edited by NemoVir; 07-31-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: poor spelling

I have to admit, this is a great integration between classic Disney and modern day, Dance/pop singing fans of this generation. It caters to the adults who grew up with classic Disney Characters and also the kids who are into the singing and dancing of todays trends. given it does look a bit corny.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    I notice on the video that the step sisters were not part of the villain group. Have they been rehabilitated? Are they 'good' girls now?
    They put the Step Sister in the Disney Girls group and are about the only face characters in that group where Cruella is the only face character for the villian and Misfits group. What I think it is they want to have at less one face to a group theme so that may be why they put the sisters in the Disney girls group.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123