Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Godzilla 3D: The Ride (My idea)

I've been thinking something. King Kong has a ride at Universal Studios, so why can't Godzilla have his own ride at Disneyland? It'd be fun. Because I love Godzilla. Maybe it could be in 3-D. Here's how it could go.

It is an epic action-roller coaster-simulator ride that has you in the middle of Godzilla's rampage. Here's how it could go.

The U.S. military is gathering recruits (the riders) to help in their battle against Godzilla. But Godzilla then arrives and goes on a rampage in Los Angeles. You enter a military transport aircraft, which is the ride vehicle. Then, the ride consists of the vehicle maneuvering around falling buildings, blasts of Godzilla's atomic breath, explosions and even nearly getting swat down by Godzilla's hand. Godzilla uses his atomic breath to blast a wing on the vehicle and you crash down onto the street. You are about to get stepped on by Godzilla, but Mothra, a giant butterfly monster, shows up and fights Godzilla. Godzilla defeats Mothra, but MechaGodzilla, the weapon of the Global Defense Force shows up and with the combined might of Mothra and Mecha-G, they ward off Godzilla, saving you in the process. And the ride ends.

What do you think? Do you think Disney could pull off a ride as epic as this?

Godzilla 3D: The Ride

• Sock Puppet

Re: Godzilla 3D: The Ride (My idea)

I'm sorry, but not to be too harsh or anything, but what is this ride doing in Disneyland,and where would it be put? I just don't see any way it could work... I just don't see this fitting in at Disneyland. Especially with Disneyland's current lands. It would not fit inside of Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Main Street U.S.A, or Mickey's Toontown. This ride seems like it would feet more at home at a Universal park, sorry.

• Minion

Sorry don't really like it, atleast not in disneyland. A ride about classic monster movies in Hollywoodland at DCA that includes godzilla would be a better fit IMO.

First off, welcome to Micechat!

Here you have to defend your ideas, or people will tear them apart. Just a fair warning.

That being said, I'm not quite following through on your logic of 'Universal Studios has King Kong, so DL needs Godzilla' argument. Why? Who even has the rights to the Godzilla franchise? Is there a greater reason than 'because you like it' for your inclusion of it in the parks? These are the sorts of questions you have to ask yourself when making such a huge and... out of left field addition to a park that many hold incredibly dear to their hearts.

My two cents. Just remember, if at first your idea doesn't succeed, change it! Plus it! Make it better!
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    Here you have to defend your ideas, or people will tear them apart. Just a fair warning.
    That I am guilty of. Sorry, I am just a huge critic. :P

But that's one of the interesting things about Micechat, is that I feel out of the crucible of intense criticism from our community springs really good ideas and an understanding of what the park is, what belongs there, and what doesn't on a fundamental level. We improve each other!
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Mickey is not my Brother

Universal is home to a hodge podge of random rides Disney actually has there rides themed to fit the land....usually.

This seems like a good idea for a universal park not Disney.

• Minion

Take it to Epcot. The Japan pavillion could use a ride and apparently Disney was trying to get the theme park rights to Godzilla from Toho for just such an attraction in the 90s.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    First off, welcome to Micechat!

That being said, I'm not quite following through on your logic of 'Universal Studios has King Kong, so DL needs Godzilla' argument. Why? Who even has the rights to the Godzilla franchise? Is there a greater reason than 'because you like it' for your inclusion of it in the parks? These are the sorts of questions you have to ask yourself when making such a huge and... out of left field addition to a park that many hold incredibly dear to their hearts.

My two cents. Just remember, if at first your idea doesn't succeed, change it! Plus it! Make it better!
    Well, Godzilla was a huge part of my childhood, and there has NEVER been a Godzilla ride anywhere, so I think there needs to be one.

• Mickey is not my Brother

But it isn't a Disney property. Like if I said I love Jason movies so they should put him in the parks - Clearly will never happen plus he would never fit.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gzilla45 View Post
    Well, Godzilla was a huge part of my childhood, and there has NEVER been a Godzilla ride anywhere, so I think there needs to be one.
    There was a Godzilla ride in Japan at Sanrio Puroland, Monster Planet of Godzilla.

Again, not the best fit for either California park. Either bring the big G to Epcot or to the Studios.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Just good enough

Yeah, Godzilla would definitely be out of place at either California park. Like others have said, maybe he would fit in at Epcot or DHS in Florida. I think Disney needs to get back to original concepts instead of relying on the crutch of existing properties to create interest in their parks. I'm not complaining as I love most of DLR's attractions, but I would love to see something original for a change.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• "I don't like the color"

I too love the big green one but it would not fit in the Resort.

Oranos said:
    Who even has the rights to the Godzilla franchise?

I believe Sony Pictures had the North America rights but that expired in 2003.
    There was supposed to be a new movie released this year with Warner Brothers co-producing but have not heard any new info on it.
    Last edited by Disneymike; 06-16-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Blew By You

Godzilla is definitely a classic monster. Given Disney's recent grabs at non-Disney franchises, I can say don't give up hope. Things can happen, and since there's a Tokyo Disneyland, the Toho group could one day make an overture to a Disney Godzilla marriage, weird as it sounds. Imagine the cute Mouse-ears Godzilla.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast