Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Get rid of disneyland carnival rides

Get rid of Disneyland carnival rides. We all seen the threads on mice chat complaining about all the carnival rides at DCA. What about Disneyland please just hear me out before you start hitting me. Dumbo a spinner King Arthur Carrousel a carrousel people Mad Tea Party I know you seen this one every where Autopia what story is this ride telling? Innoventions every body has half this stuff in their house already and the Astro Blaster a spinner People Mover track and whats left of the Motor Boats ride. get ride of all those carnival rides and we can have a huge Fantasyland and Tomorrowland expansion

• See Ya Real Soon!

Re: Get rid of disneyland carnival rides

You are asking them to get ride of Mad Tea Party, Carousel & Dumbo?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No because they take up a small area,are classic's for smaller guests who cant go on the Matterhorn, families like them, most of them look nice (have a theme and look pleasant to the eyes)

As for the Motor Boat area...make a dark ride there.....for autuotopia cut the amount of land used in half (to have room for a new E ticket) Move the rockets back up to where it belongs and we are good.

DCA gets more crap from me because while DCA has three lands with a lot of kids rides...only really Fantasyland is at Disneyland and they have the room for those...while for me Bugsland rides are too slow, look too much like carnal rides..etc

• I am not a Krusty Krab

why is everyone so against those rides. THEYRE FOR KIDS!!!! not all kids wanna ride Matterhorn or Pirates, let them have their own area!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Just good enough

Why get rid of such iconic rides? Dumbo is the quintessential ride for most kids. Sure, they might just be "spinning" rides as you put them, but sometimes keeping it simple is just what works. If it's fun to ride, no matter what it looks like, isn't that what's important?

In short, no, do not get rid of those rides, Disneyland wouldn't be the same without them. Besides, the carousel as far I as I know is one of the oldest rides in the park.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Nope. There's absolutely no reason they should get rid of any of these. Autopia takes up a little extra space which I think could be reduced, but none of these need to be removed... And if you think about it, what else do you think they could add in place of the Carousel or the Mad Tea Party or Dumbo? Certainly, not much else, and certainly not an E-Ticket or anything much anyway. They complete the park's variety of dark rides, thrill rides, and simple rides. Although, that Astro Orbiter could be relocated in Tomorrowland in my opinion. Bye bye bottleneck!
    Because Bert Said So!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Definitely zero reason to get rid of these so called "carnival rides" as they add variety to DLR. Not everyone wants to ride Indy, Splash, or Space. Sometimes simplicity is better than complexity.

And the Tea Cups can be sooo much fun for some people, while it can be throw up inducing for others.

Run on sentences are bad too!

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    why is everyone so against those rides. THEYRE FOR KIDS!!!! not all kids wanna ride Matterhorn or Pirates, let them have their own area!
    Yes, but the idea behind Disneyland was kids and adults have fun together. While I agree thrill rides are not for everyone (myself often included), non-thrill rides do not have to be different ways to make children move in a circle.

Dark rides, such as Fantasyland fare, Small World, various assorted boats and vehicles throughout the park are prime examples of the types of rides that can be excellent for children and adults, alike.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Yes, but the idea behind Disneyland was kids and adults have fun together..
    I have seen many an adult/parent having fun with their kids riding the carousel, dumbo, the teacups & autopia.

• Parking Lot > DCA

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If these rides are just for kids, than I guess I am a kid at heart with an adult's body.. I absolutely love Dumbo, the Carousel, and the Tea Cups. I ride them as early, and as often as I can on each of my Disneyland vacations.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

These rides are for kids, you are not the only one visiting the parks, think before you post
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Aside from the reasons people mentioned above for keeping the rides, also consider that they eat up riders, too. Not a ton of riders, of course, but the people in line and on the "carnival rides" are not taking up space in walkways and on other rides that you DO want to get on. That's reason enough to keep them.

Not to mention that there might be a riot if they ever tried to remove the Dumbo ride. It's one of the most iconic Disneyland rides.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

Donaldduckfan, at first I thought it was too heavy-handed, but reading the responses, I see it might not have been.

As for 'off the shelf' rides at Disneyland, I guess that would be three in Fantasy Land and two in Tomorrow Land....not sure if I'm forgetting any.

DCA has three in Bug's Land (giving the benefit to Heinrich), and five in Paradise Pier. The problem arises with the fact that Paradise Pier's theme calls for a number of those rides. Shaving a few off in DCA is something that could stand to be done, but perhaps, instead, the rides themselves could be plussed.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    These rides are for kids, you are not the only one visiting the parks, think before you post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to be mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMUSIX View Post
    Donaldduckfan, at first I thought it was too heavy-handed, but reading the responses, I see it might not have been.

As for 'off the shelf' rides at Disneyland, I guess that would be three in Fantasy Land and two in Tomorrow Land....not sure if I'm forgetting any.

DCA has three in Bug's Land (giving the benefit to Heinrich), and five in Paradise Pier. The problem arises with the fact that Paradise Pier's theme calls for a number of those rides. Shaving a few off in DCA is something that could stand to be done, but perhaps, instead, the rides themselves could be plussed.
    I only count four. Carousel, Silly Symphony Swings,Goofy's Sky School, Golden Zephyr. I don't count MFW as off the shelf. As it is not your average ferris wheel. It was swinging cars and is much greater in size. It is unique, your local carnival won't have anything like it.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast