Question for everyone that arrived to DCA at opening today

So while I know Friday was packed with overnighters waiting to be the first into the new DCA, I was planning on being there at DCA when they open tomorrow morning. My question though is how were the crowds this morning, when did people start lining up, and what time should I show up if I want to snag RSR fastpasses? Since I haven't heard a peep from anyone at the park today, any info from this morning would be greatly appreciated

• Minion

Re: Question for everyone that arrived to DCA at opening today

i wold arvive at the DCA gate at 7:am that what think best way snag a rsr fast pass
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTV View Post
    So while I know Friday was packed with overnighters waiting to be the first into the new DCA, I was planning on being there at DCA when they open tomorrow morning. My question though is how were the crowds this morning, when did people start lining up, and what time should I show up if I want to snag RSR fastpasses? Since I haven't heard a peep from anyone at the park today, any info from this morning would be greatly appreciated
    One twitter feed posted that RSR fastpasses were gone for the day in a touch over an hour this morning.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I GOT to the gate at 8:07am, the park opened at 8. There were no lines INTO the park. Once through though, the line for Radiator Springs Racers Fast Pass was already pretty long, just to get 2:30-3:30pm return time. By 9am, the return time was 6:30-7:30pm. Stand by time was about 190 minutes by around 9am too.

it was NOT as crazy as it was Friday morning. It felt busy but not "crowded" in that sense. At least not yet. I left by 10am so I couldn't tell you much more than that. Other attractions outside of Cars Land seemed to have no wait at all.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think Sunday is the last day most APs can get into the park.....so get there at 7:30-8 Am and you should be good

Though from what I hear Single rider is the fastest moving line

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon:1056785243
    I think Sunday is the last day most APs can get into the park.....so get there at 7:30-8 Am and you should be good

Though from what I hear Single rider is the fastest moving line
    This. The single rider wait time has been overestimated by at least 20-30 minutes every time we have fallen in that line (3x). Like others have said, the fast passes go quick! I would try to get to the gates a little before opening and head right for the machines. Get into the single rider line and then use your fast passes!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Where exactly do you get the fast passes? I know it was mentioned in Bug's Land but I was hoping for more of an exact location. Is it over by It's Tough to be a Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Where exactly do you get the fast passes? I know it was mentioned in Bug's Land but I was hoping for more of an exact location. Is it over by It's Tough to be a Bug?

Yes. Right next to the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    Yes. Right next to the entrance to It's Tough to be a Bug.
    Cool thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTV View Post
    Saturday, June 16th would have absolutely no bearing on how Sunday, June 17th will work. Saturday was a Triple AP Blockout with only Premium's allowed in. Sunday is a Triple AP UnBlockout with only Select's blocked out.

Thus, Saturday, June 16th was very light crowds everywhere. Disneyland was DEAD, and we were revised down to 30K. Everything was a walk on at Disneyland today. DCA was moderately busy, but Cars Land was only half as busy as yesterday. When I walked through after my shift in the early afternoon on Saturday; Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was a 15 minute wait, Luigi's was 60 minutes (but all inside the building, so likely over-stated), and I watched the Racers Standby wait flip down from 150 to 120 minutes as I walked up. The Lead and some managers were taking down a bunch of extended queue they had put up earlier and hadn't needed. The Cars were all cruising Cars Land, with Red out in the middle of the street squirting kids, and Lightning pulling in at the Cozy Cones.

Racers Fastpasses are selling out so quickly because management has dramatically dialed down the distribution rate. I talked to a CM who transferred over to DCA and they are only giving out 20% of the numbers of Fastpasses they actually should, because they want to see how the ride behaves these first few weeks before they ramp up ticket distribution to normal levels. So the tickets only last for an hour or two in the morning since there are so few of them being given out.

In short, Saturday was BEAUTIFUL and very uncrowded because all the AP's were blocked out. Sunday will become an absolute zoo again with 960,000 AP's flooding the place. Cast Members will be forced to park at Angel Stadium on Sunday, and they will still run out of parking.

Saturday is also what this summer will be like in July and August when SoCal AP's are blocked out for good after June 28th. When there are Triple Blockouts for AP's, the parks are delightful. When the SoCal and Select can get in, the place is a zoo.

Good luck tomorrow kids.

• Minion

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but DCA opened up early at 7:30 today (not sure how limited that opening was) but the crowd was allowed to go through BVS and head straight to Carsland. People were already riding Mater's by the time we got our Fastpasses before 8 o' clock. By that point, our return time was 11-12. After that we got on Luigi's in about 15-20 minutes and Mater's in the same amount of time if not a little more. Cozy Cones had no lines in the morning so we got our breakfast there as well. It was an extremely manageable day until major crowds came in to bump up wait times to 45 minute queues. We didn't stay too long there after RSR so I can't say if it ever got longer for the two smaller rides. I personally saw RSR go up to 190 minutes but that's it.

• TJ

I arrived at the 15 minute parking lot at 7:15pm on Thursday the 14th and was the 101st guest in line... At 11pm there were about 3,000 people, and we were all lead into the esplanade and received wristbands; one line for park opening, and one line for merchandise (I was in the park line of course). The night was calm and went by very quickly.

At 6am, the merchandise line was let into the park and brought to the Aladdin line in Hollywood Land, and around 7:30am, the park line was let into Buena Vista Street and they had the ceremony. Around 8:15am, a cast member came through on the sidewalk and said everyone who had wristbands had Cars Land to themselves until the park opened at 9am to the public.

Almost everyone headed straight for Radiator Springs Racers, while I was on the first run of Luigi's Flying Tires of the day. The Mater's Junkyard Jamboree line was almost a walk on until the rest of the public was let into the park.

Radiator Springs Racers was sold out by 10:30am, and the stand-by line was up to 2 hours. The rest of the park (besides Buena Vista Street, which was semi-packed) stayed dead for the rest of the day; Tower of Terror was a walk-on for most of the morning, and went up to around 30-40 throughout the day. By 1pm, Racers had a six hour wait time, with line queue going through the normal queue, through Pacific Wharf, and zig zagging through the Paradise Pier bridge. Disneyland was also dead, except for the Matterhorn, which had a 90 minute wait. At 11pm park closing, Racers was at a 2 hour wait.

In general, the park wasn't nearly as bad as everyone expected to be, and Disney had it all controlled very well. Sunday is definitely going to be the worst.

• Mickey is not my Brother

I heard for the first time in history Disney California Adventure had more guests then Disneyland on June 15.