Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Future Animator

Re: New Land - Expansion Behind Cars Land

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    This whole ToT, FFF, Cars Land "corner" seems like a nightmare to me. ToT "towers" over the space making other themes difficult to implement. FFF is a walled off space with three unnatural connectors to the other lands. Connecting out to the rest of the Timon lot is through a narrow "pinch". The new Red Car Trolley barn is in the way of expansion around ToT.

Ultimately, I think FFF has to come out, half the space given to Hollywood Land, half to Cars Land with a new walkway out to the Timon lot, which will be themed to something between Hollywood and the desert - something like San Bernardino Land.
    Half Cars? Half Hollywoodland?

How about the proposed Drive-In theater restaraunt? Play film classics and do it right.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Um...It's called Frontierland. :/
    frontierland isnt a ghost town, nor does it have a boatride. frontierland lacks authenticity

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I love this idea and remember reading it in another thread(s). But wouldn't it require more room that what the OP posted in his/her pic?
    It depends on how many pavilions they would have, what would be put inside them, and how big of a lagoon they would build.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

With all of the changes that have occurred over the last five years including the addition of Arial I have thought that the San Fransisco theme has become an afterthought relegated to restrooms. I know there is rumored talk of turning the Warf area into a SF themed area but I really like this subdued portion of DCA. With all of that said one option would be to turn that area into a SF themed land with some kind of run-away trolly themed coaster. The rock work could be extended and made to look like the numerous hills of SF - Twin Peaks maybe? This would also allow the return of a representation of the Golden Gate Bridge. Having a California theme without this iconic bridge seems amiss.

An alternative thought would be to extend Hollywoodland to this area. The rock work could be continued and designed to look like the Hollywood Hills with a Hollywood sign and dot the hills with miniature houses ala the real HH. That would alleviate some of the themeing issues/ sight lines involved with ToT.

Well, now that two of California Adventure's lands are based of Pixar movies, they could do another like Wall-E land or something like that.

Keep in mind this is "California Adventure" so it has to fit the California theme. If it wasn't California Adventure I would REALLY REALLY want a Lion King land but, hey, that's just me.

Another idea would be a tribute to old Disneyland and they could have some of the old rides that were taken away/rejected rides. That would be cool.

In reality, the options are endless. I am looking forward for some ideas sprung here.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

A *practical* use for that land is to put some theming on the back-side of the RSR range and then expand another CarsLand based ride out there.

But one good-sized ride building is about all they can do in that space, Two if they wanted to stack them - one CarsLand dark ride over a BugsLand one in the Basement.

They just built the Trolley Service Building and that's staying right exactly where it is. Some of the other Backstage warehouses and shops can be shuffled around, or put in the Basements of new buildings - but they don't have to realign the tracks for them.

Disney might well own the land under the Motels and the 7-11 on the corner, but if the rent income they can get for the land is high enough it might make more sense to hold onto them as tenants for now. It will be a while before they really need it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• "What? What?"

I am so afraid they are going to build a comfy caverns Disney Hotel there. Where guests can enter the park directiinginto Radiator Springs Racers through the faux comfy cavern garage doors seen in the loading area. It's soo much Cars.

When I saw them stop covering the backside of the mountain range... I really started to worry.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    Half Cars? Half Hollywoodland?
    I just think FFF is too small and too cut off from the rest of the Timon lot to be part of any new land. Therefore dividing the space between Cars Land and Hollywood Land makes sense to me.

• The Picture Guy

Build a new land themed to " Pacific Coast Highway". Having small sections themed to each city/town along the California Coast. The cliffs from the Cars Land will serve as the perfect backdrop.

Name:  mapFINAL_LR.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  229.4 KB
    Last edited by philip; 06-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Most of that area you have highlighted are backstage areas the park needs to operate. You can't do away with such needs, only move them. This is the same problem DL has.. there is lots of space in the square that isn't theme park, but is needed to keep the park operating. Think of it as your utility room for the park
    There's only a few buildings there and a semi-large parking lot. It doesn't look like a utility area. It looks more like the trailers that might house the construction project for Cars Land. I would assume since Disneyland and DCA are right next to each other, both parks can use the same utility area especially that of management in TDA buildings.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I am so afraid they are going to build a comfy caverns Disney Hotel there. Where guests can enter the park directiinginto Radiator Springs Racers through the faux comfy cavern garage doors seen in the loading area. It's soo much Cars.

When I saw them stop covering the backside of the mountain range... I really started to worry.
    Hmmmmm maybe but really I don't see a new hotel until a 3rd Gate opens.....like others have said only sooo many people can be at the resort the way it is
    I just don't see it worth it to build a hotel (and a pretty small on at that)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Build a new land themed to " Pacific Coast Highway". Having small sections themed to each city/town along the California Coast. The cliffs from the Cars Land will serve as the perfect backdrop.
    The map should include Arizona since Cars Land seems to take its inspiration from there.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The map should include Arizona since Cars Land seems to take its inspiration from there.
    but PCH doesnt go through AZ

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Hmmmmm maybe but really I don't see a new hotel until a 3rd Gate opens.....like others have said only sooo many people can be at the resort the way it is
    I just don't see it worth it to build a hotel (and a pretty small on at that)
    Building a hotel isn't about adding more people inside the parks.. its about converting more of the people staying at non-Disney hotels to Disney hotels.. and hence spending their money with Disney.. not someone else.

The challenge is bringing up the expectation of the market out there. If you look, there are no real themed or high end resorts right near the park. The market has dictated demand for low to medium priced rooms.. and very little need for things beyond a basic hotel. Disney would likely want to build something more than average.. and be able to charge for it. That would be breaking the mold of what people are buying today.. and could Disney entice them?

That said.. below the price/service level that places like GCH/DLH offer.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "What? What?"

As much as I don't want to see MORE cars brand... this would actually be a great way to test out having budget type hotel on property...
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast