Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: New Land - Expansion Behind Cars Land

There isn't ever going to be a budget hotel at DLR. The land is too limited and expensive and there's too much competition. Disney won't compete on price and they don't have a huge resort here that keeps guests guests far away from the competition. I expect PPH to be remodeled and have its prices raised to near DLH levels and another even more expensive and exclusive hotel built soon too. But if you're looking forward to a value hotel at DLR, you're going to be waiting a long, long time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    Half Cars? Half Hollywoodland?

How about the proposed Drive-In theater restaraunt? Play film classics and do it right.
    This is perhaps the only feasable idea that could go back in that area without a Major MAJOR reworking of all the backstage construction that has been done in the past 5 years.

If you have been inside Cars Land, which I have, then this would make sense. If you look at the illustration you will see "Cross Street". This is the side road that currently leads off to Bugs Land. There is a dead end gate there that could eventually lead to something that would be located behind Luigi's.

They could build a "Drive In" theater building (so that it would always be night-time) and show a variety of Disney shorts, mixed with Pixar shorts. If it were a food location it could be a companion to Flo's V-8.

Imagine it! It fits right in with the story line of Cars. Now that Radiator Springs is popular again (due to Lightning McQueen coming to town) they have to "re-open" the old Drive In to accomodate the new visitors. Even though we never see it in either of the movies, it makes perfect sense that it might exist.

So, let's just hope that this is the plan.

All of the rest of these "Blue Sky" ideas just harken back to DCA 1.0 and really don't fit into the new narrative that is now present.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    A *practical* use for that land is to put some theming on the back-side of the RSR range and then expand another CarsLand based ride out there.

But one good-sized ride building is about all they can do in that space, Two if they wanted to stack them - one CarsLand dark ride over a BugsLand one in the Basement.

They just built the Trolley Service Building and that's staying right exactly where it is. Some of the other Backstage warehouses and shops can be shuffled around, or put in the Basements of new buildings - but they don't have to realign the tracks for them.

Disney might well own the land under the Motels and the 7-11 on the corner, but if the rent income they can get for the land is high enough it might make more sense to hold onto them as tenants for now. It will be a while before they really need it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Why would you theme the backside of the rock-work, that's a waste of money. If you wanted to be cheap, they could just build a huge show building behind the rock-work and cover the front corner with a tiny bit more rock work to hide it from CL.

However, personally, I don't see the point in doing anything with this land until you remove BL and relocate the Trolley Building and make a decision on what if any of the motel property will be used for some of the park. If that's ever going to happen it will mean more moving of power lines and completely abandoning the public access road behind the park, which should be unneeded when the Pumbaa lot is done. But they only have space to add one more land to the park, and this is it, so they should take full advantage of it. Then you could move the Trolley Building and BL and clear a huge plot for a new land that would have a connection directly to the parade route and space for a couple big show buildings in the back.

I'd give some of the space to an expansion of Pacific Wharf to transform the area into El Camino Real. Put a small Spanish style Pueblo where ITTBAB is, which would be part of El Camino Real, (The revised version of Pacific Wharf and Winery). Then add a China Town in the rest of the space possibly with a small space left open for one more CL attraction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by d que blog View Post
    They could build a "Drive In" theater building (so that it would always be night-time) and show a variety of Disney shorts, mixed with Pixar shorts.
    An always early evening Drive-In theater/restaurant, cool, with distant desert vistas, a moving moon, desert wildlife sounds, crickets, coyotes, etc. - something along the lines of the Blue Bayou - that's what I'd like to see.

Throw in a multi-level D ticket dark ride - again similar to POTC/BB yet smaller in scale - with a show building that backs up to the backside of the rock work and then we'd be back to innovate, multi-use Disney creativity.

Autopia should be relocated to Carsland and redesigned with the Cars theme. The vacated area in Tommorowland would contribute to an already under-utilized corner of the park where WDI could re-build. So, any ideas for Tomorrowland??

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
    Autopia should be relocated to Carsland and redesigned with the Cars theme. The vacated area in Tommorowland would contribute to an already under-utilized corner of the park where WDI could re-build. So, any ideas for Tomorrowland??
    Autopia is a Disney opening classic and, in my oppinion, shouldn't be messed with. I'm not a big fan of it but there aren't as many remains of the classic Disney part as there should be.

BUT... Tomorrowland is all about ideas for the future so I think that if they took out Autopia they should replace it with something Epcot-inspired. Kind of like a "walk through the future" ride. I heard that Walt Disney thought that he could create the best urban living experience and he called it Epcot. That's what Epcot stands for "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow". I think that Disney should somehow capture that and, not turn it into a land, but turn it into a ride that leaves its guests wondering. That's what Disney should do if it finds room in Tomorrowland, but Tomorrowland currently has no room for any more rides.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    That's what Disney should do if it finds room in Tomorrowland, but Tomorrowland currently has no room for any more rides.
    There is plenty of room if they would just demolish the fastest moving building in Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There is plenty of room if they would just demolish the fastest moving building in Disneyland.
    Are you talking about Inoventions? I don't really know what Inoventions is still doing in Tomorrowland, but I still know people who consider it their favorite attraction in Disneyland, but it's certainly not mine. It might not be going anywhere for quite some time because people still like it.

• Senior Minion

Are you talking about Inoventions? I don't really know what Inoventions is still doing in Tomorrowland, but I still know people who consider it their favorite attraction in Disneyland, but it's certainly not mine. It might not be going anywhere for quite some time because people still like it.
    Seriously? I've been on this board for years and I don't recall anyone ever even liking it much let alone saying it's their favorite attraction.
    -Walt Disney

• King of Los Angeles

Olvera St with a Dia De Los Muertos theme to tie into Lee Uncrich's next Pixar film. Fits w/Hollywoodland, covers the spanish influence, and can use 1 well done E-Ticket to anchor the land.

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Olvera St with a Dia De Los Muertos theme to tie into Lee Uncrich's next Pixar film. Fits w/Hollywoodland, covers the spanish influence, and can use 1 well done E-Ticket to anchor the land.
    Maybe a C ticket ride, but some new movie thats barely a thought does not warrant a E-Ticket attraction.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• -

If they put air conditioning in whatever replaces it, then I don't think the people who would be nostalgic for Innoventions would mind. Air conditioning has always been the only reason to visit that attraction and will most likely be all that is missed once the wrecking ball comes in.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• King of Los Angeles

Ehh Song of the South has an ETicket. For me it's about how the theme fits the park and if you can tell a relevant story more so than what the original property brings - Cars Land is better than Cars 2.

I like the ghost town kind of feel, maybe go towards the 20's time frame Buena vista street use the tower of terror as a beginning into a darker era and we already know they could pull off that kind of design old London maybe not but city ghost town vibe would be nice dark water ride Niagara falls e-ticket ride? An Inside food venue themed towards ride like the Blue, yes it would be awesome. A few shops Magical kinda stuff Maybe a Nightmare before X-mas permanent ride and leave The Mansion alone?

• Ryan

I think that a China Town would be perfect. A a fire works show could be there and a an E ticket boat ride like pirates, that could be half underground. The ride would start at an ancient chinese port and go through a chinese battle and town. There could also be an indoor roller coaster like space mountain, only themed to a dragon and have an outside portion that flies over the city or something. Inside the boat ride could be a great restaurant.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast