Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Re: New Land - Expansion Behind Cars Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
    Autopia should be relocated to Carsland and redesigned with the Cars theme. The vacated area in Tommorowland would contribute to an already under-utilized corner of the park where WDI could re-build. So, any ideas for Tomorrowland??
    I envision a Tomorrowland with a burger shaped spaceship serving everyone's favorite Mickey D's... They could call it... BURGER INVASION! Perfect!
    Because Bert Said So!

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    In keeping with the theme of California, I thought of a couple of ideas.
    Idea 1...
    Maybe the backside of Cadillac Ridge could have a scaled down version of the Hollywood sign, complete with lights, so people off property could see it and maybe be drawn to the park. I now when my family comes down, from NoCal, we try to see if we can see the original sign. Maybe there could even be scaled down "homes" sprinkled down the hillside, designed like some of the mansions that were popular in the 40's and 50's. From the outside they would look like beautiful movie star estates, but on the inside they would be full scale, one or two story bungalows. These places could be for guests to stay in and it would look pretty neat from down below. There could be meandering trails connecting each "mansion." This would tie-in with Tower of Terror completely and help promote Hollywood back lot. Each "mansion" could have a tie-in with some other part of the Hollywood Back lot. For instance, you could stay at a producers home and your stay would become more immersive.
    Idea 2... Disney likes to do things big and also think outside of the box. So, why not find some actual cruise ship and transplant it into a themed Port of Los Angeles. The Cruise ship would be converted into a hotel. This has been done many time throughout the world, only along waterways. But the problem would be cutting up the ship and moving it to California Adventures, but it could be done. That's my two bits worth and I'm sticking to it.
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Seriously? I've been on this board for years and I don't recall anyone ever even liking it much let alone saying it's their favorite attraction.
    I went to Disneyland a couple of months ago with my band and somehow ended up in a group with a girl who LOVED Innoventions. We were required to stay together for that day and every single ride we went to she asked "Can we go to Innoventions?". Every ride she complained about not being in Innoventions and asked if we could go. I just assumed if someone could have such a strong love for Innoventions, there must be more out there.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    I went to Disneyland a couple of months ago with my band and somehow ended up in a group with a girl who LOVED Innoventions. We were required to stay together for that day and every single ride we went to she asked "Can we go to Innoventions?". Every ride she complained about not being in Innoventions and asked if we could go. I just assumed if someone could have such a strong love for Innoventions, there must be more out there.
    LOL, I guess there's always someone who will like something unusual the most.

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman View Post
    In keeping with the theme of California, I thought of a couple of ideas.
    Idea 1...
    Maybe the backside of Cadillac Ridge could have a scaled down version of the Hollywood sign, complete with lights, so people off property could see it and maybe be drawn to the park. I now when my family comes down, from NoCal, we try to see if we can see the original sign. Maybe there could even be scaled down "homes" sprinkled down the hillside, designed like some of the mansions that were popular in the 40's and 50's. From the outside they would look like beautiful movie star estates, but on the inside they would be full scale, one or two story bungalows. These places could be for guests to stay in and it would look pretty neat from down below. There could be meandering trails connecting each "mansion." This would tie-in with Tower of Terror completely and help promote Hollywood back lot. Each "mansion" could have a tie-in with some other part of the Hollywood Back lot. For instance, you could stay at a producers home and your stay would become more immersive.
    Idea 2... Disney likes to do things big and also think outside of the box. So, why not find some actual cruise ship and transplant it into a themed Port of Los Angeles. The Cruise ship would be converted into a hotel. This has been done many time throughout the world, only along waterways. But the problem would be cutting up the ship and moving it to California Adventures, but it could be done. That's my two bits worth and I'm sticking to it.
    These are some cool ideas but I think all the space available needs to be used for the park and not hotels. A ship hotel could be cool near the Paradise Pier Hotel.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    LOL, I guess there's always someone who will like something unusual the most.

True that, she ditched us for another group the next day and spent over 100 dollars on the worse knick-knacks you can find in Disneyland. We never did go to Innoventions.

•   

It would be cool if they built a indoor land. They could built the muppet land or pixar land.

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    It would be cool if they built a indoor land. They could built the muppet land or pixar land.
    Did you just say Muppetland? Holy Bejeezums you said Muppetland! I love the Muppets so much and it would be absolutely amazing if they created a Muppetland! They could take a little bit of every movie and peice it together and make it really cool.

I would love a Muppet Land too. Dust of the plans for the Great Muppet Movie Ride and get to it! Throw a Whatnot Workshop in there as well.

• Minion

Did you just say Muppetland? Holy Bejeezums you said Muppetland! I love the Muppets so much and it would be absolutely amazing if they created a Muppetland! They could take a little bit of every movie and peice it together and make it really cool.
    I've got to say I put the Muppets in the same category as Innovations. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman View Post
    I've got to say I put the Muppets in the same category as Innovations. Sorry about that.
    Eh, I know some people are like that. We all have our different opinions. I just happen to really really like the Muppets.

• The Lucky Rabbit

Hmmm.....Muppetland, thats an interesting idea. There is a very rich base to pull from. I just don't know how much of "The Muppets" are owned by Disney. Since this "land" would have to be accessed via the Cadillac Range, there could be cavern entry way that starts out similar to the end of RSR, into a Rainbow Cavern-esk Fraggle Rock transition to Muppetland. There are a lot of interesting environments to, like The Muppet Show Auditorium and Sesame Street. I don't know if Disney also got the rights to thinks like The Labyrinth or Dark Crystal (which I believe Jim Henson is making a sequel to last time I heard), those are flavor rich settings for Jim Henson attractions.

Interesting idea though.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I love this idea and remember reading it in another thread(s). But wouldn't it require more room that what the OP posted in his/her pic?
    I had a very similar idea a long time ago and showed how it could work using photoshop and google earth.

California Showcase at DCA
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

Eh, I know some people are like that. We all have our different opinions. I just happen to really really like the Muppets.
    I'm sorry about that StarSpeeder. I broke my own rule of, "if you don't have something good to say, then don't say anything."
    I loved the Muppets growing up and I love Muppet Treasure Island. There is just something that doesn't jive with me seeing
    Muppets in Disneyland. I'm glad you really like the Muppets. Beaker, by the way is my favorite!

•   

Maybe they could extend hollywood and maybe add Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or The Great Movie Ride or the Studio Tram Tour.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

From what I understand is that Disney does not own the corner where the hotel is - however the area for the back lot now just became home to the red trolley when its off stage. However I do believe they could build at least one attraction that could be themed to the area around the H.T.T.
    Also they have other areas just waiting for something - who wants to be a millionair is just waiting, beging for something plus the game room they use for the night time partys. There is some areas behind the coaster that could be use for a new land and that would greatly help crowd control when they close the Pier for World of Color. It will be interesting to see what Disney does next with DCA - I just hope its in the near future.
    May All Your Days Be Disney Days !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast