Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb New Land - Expansion Behind Cars Land

I've seen a few threads on here discussing ideas of where the next area for expansion should be. For years, this area in particular has stuck out to me. Does anyone think Disney would actually buy up the land and properties in this area? If they did, I think it would be the perfect location for a new land. It seems like an awful lot of money for Disney to spend just to add a new land though. Besides buying up all of the properties and land, Disney Way would have to be redirected as well. I guess my question is if this is realistic or just wishful thinking? If Disney does eventually do this, what kind of land do you want to see?

Sorry for my terrible illustration. I'm not the best at this kind of stuff.

Name:  Expansion-002.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  125.4 KB
    Last edited by DisneyWorld; 06-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: New Land - Expansion Behind Cars Land

your illustration is just fine and i agree with you but i think the theme should be like a western town in the 1870s with a nice big thrill ride, a boat dark ride, an indian village near by, a table service restaurant and a ghost town

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    I've seen a few threads on here discussing ideas of where the next area for expansion should be. For years, this area in particular has bothered me. Does anyone think Disney would actually buy up the land and properties in this area? If they did, I think it would be the perfect location for a new land. It seems like an awful lot of money for Disney to spend just to add a new land though. Besides the buying up the properties and land, Disney Way would have to be redirected as well. I guess my question is if this is possible? Is this realistic or just wishful thinking?

Sorry for my terrible illustration. I'm not the best at this kind of stuff.

Name:  Expansion-002.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  125.4 KB
    from information that i know of disney owns most the surrounding property around the DLR but have contractually lease land around them to the local hotels until a certain time and can expand pretty much expand whenever they want but most time disney says "when the time is right"
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-17-2012 at 06:52 AM.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I think cars land expansion
    Add to the rock and have the wheel well up in there and it would be a DCA Blue Bayou
    add some rides themed to planes there
    also i was talking to some imagineers we're really hinting at expanding in the maliboomer pad hollywood land and this spot of land

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    your illustration is just fine and i agree with you but i think the theme should be like a western town in the 1870s with a nice big thrill ride, a boat dark ride, an indian village near by, a table service restaurant and a ghost town
    Thanks! I really like your ideas. I would love, Love, LOVE a boat dark ride in DCA. It is desperately missing one! I was actually hoping that AUA would have been a dark boat ride. What I would really love is an indoor coaster! If it is a western ghost town it could be an abandoned mine or something.

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I think cars land expansion
    Add to the rock and have the wheel well up in there and it would be a DCA Blue Bayou
    add some rides themed to planes there
    also i was talking to some imagineers we're really hinting at expanding in the maliboomer pad hollywood land and this spot of land

Love Blue Bayou idea, but I think this area is big enough for it's own land without having to expand Cars Land. I feel like Cars Land already strands fine on its own. I want something new and not Pixar themed. Maybe Marval?

I really do hope Phase 2 happens and the Maliboomer area gets a new dark ride. Hollywood Land needs new facades, new shows, and a new E Ticket.

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    from information that i know of disney owns most the surrounding property around but have contractually lease property around them to the local hotels until a certain time and can expand pretty much expand whenever they want but most time disney say "when the time is right"
    I've actually heard that before - recently too! Does anyone know if Disney owns this land in particular?
    Last edited by DisneyWorld; 06-17-2012 at 05:39 AM.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Build a Mystery House in the old Maliboomer area and inclose the Screaming Queue into a fun house and make Screamin an actual gingerbread type roller coaster with new trains and music.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Doing a mystic manor type attraction from HKDL in the Maliboomer pad would be cool

Hey everyone i am new here so my opinion might not mean much around here. What i would like to see go in this area would be a china town that is not a duplicate of California's but more of a homage to the Chinese culture that is so thick in California. I could imagine a dark ride featuring Mulan, have nice gardens with beautiful fountains and trees of course flowers, then they could move the fourtune cookery again..., but add a new restraunt that is elegant and heavily themed. Seeing that this would not take up to much space i could see a western ghost town. the rides here would be country jamboree and a haunted ride.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Nice ideas and welcome to the micechat family

• -

I mentioned in another thread that I would love a California version of the World Showcase. Each of the pavilions would represent one of the cultures that make up CA starting with the Native Americans, and including the Spanish, the Latin Americans, the Asians...etc. the central pavilion would be a blend of all the cultures and represent CA as a whole.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    I've seen a few threads on here discussing ideas of where the next area for expansion should be. For years, this area in particular has stuck out to me. Does anyone think Disney would actually buy up the land and properties in this area?
    Most of that area you have highlighted are backstage areas the park needs to operate. You can't do away with such needs, only move them. This is the same problem DL has.. there is lots of space in the square that isn't theme park, but is needed to keep the park operating. Think of it as your utility room for the park
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Um...It's called Frontierland. :/

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that I would love a California version of the World Showcase. Each of the pavilions would represent one of the cultures that make up CA starting with the Native Americans, and including the Spanish, the Latin Americans, the Asians...etc. the central pavilion would be a blend of all the cultures and represent CA as a whole.
    I love this idea and remember reading it in another thread(s). But wouldn't it require more room that what the OP posted in his/her pic?
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Most of that area you have highlighted are backstage areas the park needs to operate.
    This is a crucial point. Even if Disney owns/buys the remaining motels/7-11, half of the highlighted space will be backstage area. They just built the three backstage buildings on the east side of the space - those won't be removed anytime soon. I also don't see them doing real rockwork on the backside of Cars Land.

You're left with a much smaller area of useable land than expected. The land currently taken up by the motels/7-11 will be backstage space with potentially one show building (a serious E or D ticket).

The rest of the Timon parking lot could be a nice walkable space with shops/food and a D ticket (with show building backup up to ToT).

This whole ToT, FFF, Cars Land "corner" seems like a nightmare to me. ToT "towers" over the space making other themes difficult to implement. FFF is a walled off space with three unnatural connectors to the other lands. Connecting out to the rest of the Timon lot is through a narrow "pinch". The new Red Car Trolley barn is in the way of expansion around ToT.

Ultimately, I think FFF has to come out, half the space given to Hollywood Land, half to Cars Land with a new walkway out to the Timon lot, which will be themed to something between Hollywood and the desert - something like San Bernardino Land.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Um...It's called Frontierland. :/
    Frontierland......really is not much of a Ghost town besides Big Thunder story...the rest is much more about the River, and small western town that honestly to me anyway just feels not like something otu of the west but more of a theme park trying to do that...

I think we'll see a ride back there for maybe Carsland....but a new land as muc as I want that i don't think they can unless they find a way to move the backstage stuff underground...Which hey maybe they'll do that if they think it will be worth the money

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast