Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Bring Swing & Fireworks to Buena Vista Street?

I think I broke a personal record having spent the last four days at the Disneyland Resort. Three of those days at Disney California Adventure. Long enough to already have my mind spinning about "what's next?".

On Thursday while DCA was closed to the public, they gave special guests and media a private party on Buena Vista Street and Mad T Party. Dean Morra, one of the greats of the swing world performed along with his orchestra and hired performers and guests were invited to swing along to the music. It made me wonder... why didn't they have the Carnation Gardens type stage set up here in the planning? Wouldn't swing dancing make more sense in early Los Angeles? Seems like it would be a better fit than some medieval stage that becomes a part of Fantasyland!

Second thing I thought about... you have a pretty solid view of the Fireworks from Carthay Circle and some of Buena Vista Street. Does anyone else think they should maybe pump the fireworks music there and allow guests to enjoy it from DCA as well? I think it would be a nice inclusive way to make the night more magical to as many guests as possible.

On Saturday night, a lot of folks were filling up Buena Vista Street following the 9pm World of Color to enjoy the fireworks anyway. I'd probably still refrain from playing the music in the esplanade.

Anyways... thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Swing Dancing? Fireworks?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Bring Swing & Fireworks to Buena Vista Street?

I think swing dancing and music would be a great addition to buena vista street. while I think the new view of the fireworks of great, I think pumping the music in is a bad idea. The fireworks are set to music to be coordinated around the castle/back of small world. Having the music pumped into buena vista their would be alot of lull moments. I think its great both disneyland and DCA have nightime entertainment options perhaps next for both of them will be nighttime parades!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i couldnt agree more with the both of you maybe retheme the its tough to be a bug queue area into a swing dancing area to match BVS and the Carthay Theater, put trees behind the area so it wont look bad near a bugs land

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think I broke a personal record having spent the last four days at the Disneyland Resort. Three of those days at Disney California Adventure. Long enough to already have my mind spinning about "what's next?".

On Thursday while DCA was closed to the public, they gave special guests and media a private party on Buena Vista Street and Mad T Party. Dean Morra, one of the greats of the swing world performed along with his orchestra and hired performers and guests were invited to swing along to the music. It made me wonder... why didn't they have the Carnation Gardens type stage set up here in the planning? Wouldn't swing dancing make more sense in early Los Angeles? Seems like it would be a better fit than some medieval stage that becomes a part of Fantasyland!

Second thing I thought about... you have a pretty solid view of the Fireworks from Carthay Circle and some of Buena Vista Street. Does anyone else think they should maybe pump the fireworks music there and allow guests to enjoy it from DCA as well? I think it would be a nice inclusive way to make the night more magical to as many guests as possible.

On Saturday night, a lot of folks were filling up Buena Vista Street following the 9pm World of Color to enjoy the fireworks anyway. I'd probably still refrain from playing the music in the esplanade.

Anyways... thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Swing Dancing? Fireworks?
    I think a few Micechatters, myself included, suggested an Ink and Paint type club go in Hollywoodland so the swing dancing did not have to go into Disney's Medieval Times where the fit is definitely all wrong.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I think a few Micechatters, myself included, suggested an Ink and Paint type club go in Hollywoodland so the swing dancing did not have to go into Disney's Medieval Times where the fit is definitely all wrong.

I actually wanted a South Seas Club like the one seen in The Rocketeer.

• I see as I say

Honestly, I would love to see Disney California Adventure get its own set of fireworks... I know Paradise Pier is out simply because of the direction its facing, but I think it would be very doable in Cars Land or another land...
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Banned User

Yeah I think the swing dancing in BVS would be appropriate and fun! I dont like it in HL because Mad T Party is waaaaay too fun and addicting on its own! But if they could place it somewhere in BVS, maybe section it off in front of Carthay Circle on Saturday like DL, that would be fun!

And 100% agreed about the fireworks. It was obvious BVS was going to be a big magnet at night and with the fireworks views I dont see what would be the harm in pumping in the music in that area as well. For one thing it would stop people from going to DL at that time and yes it will be a nice piece of entertainment for people there. Havent seen the fireworks from BVS but plan to soon. I love this area so much!

I say YES! to swing dancing anywhere. I spent many a fun Saturday night swinging with my girlfriend at Carnation Plaza in the 80's.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

I have a hunch that folks that are into the music, clothes and culture of the 20-50's will start to materialize more at BVS. I envision people coming and dancing to the five and dime band for starters. If Disney starts seeing this, perhaps they can figure something out. My wife and I used to love swing dancing, but a back injury has curbed that for her. We did our part to represent those that are fans of the Golden Era on opening day. I'm hoping the "Build it and They will come" theory kicks in.

-Marcus

• I am not a Krusty Krab

awesome pics!!!!!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I like both of these ideas. Not sure where you would put the dancers and the band, exactly, but Buena Vista Street would certainly be a good fit. I also noticed the fireworks from Carsland and BV Street, and it might be nice to have the sound track over there as well.

For those suggesting DCA get its own show, I think I remember reading recently that each fireworks show is somewhere in the neighborhood of $40,000. I don't think there's much chance of getting a show for each park, and there's also the Air Quality Management people and neighbors who would shoot the idea down. Fun to think about though.

In the mean time, I think World Of Color will be DCA's answer to the fireworks.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    ... you have a pretty solid view of the Fireworks from Carthay Circle and some of Buena Vista Street. Does anyone else think they should maybe pump the fireworks music there and allow guests to enjoy it from DCA as well? I think it would be a nice inclusive way to make the night more magical to as many guests as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    The fireworks are set to music to be coordinated around the castle/back of small world. Having the music pumped into buena vista their would be alot of lull moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    For those suggesting DCA get its own show, I think I remember reading recently that each fireworks show is somewhere in the neighborhood of $40,000. I don't think there's much chance of getting a show for each park, and there's also the Air Quality Management people and neighbors who would shoot the idea down. Fun to think about though.
    I had a similar thought when I was there last Monday night. I think the way to do it would be to pump music in from Disneyland, but also have parts of the show unique for Buena Vista Street, synced to the same track. When stuff is happening around the castle, that would be where lighting on Buena Vista Street, and maybe projections on the Carthay Circle could be added in DCA to fill those spots. No actual pyrotechnics would be added to DCA itself.

• Non-Minion

Put in a Club Obi-Wan from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!!!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    i couldnt agree more with the both of you maybe retheme the its tough to be a bug queue area into a swing dancing area to match BVS and the Carthay Theater, put trees behind the area so it wont look bad near a bugs land
    I agree with you completely ................

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Put in a Club Obi-Wan from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!!!
    Yah!!!

But then they'd have to change the park to DISNEY SHANGHAI ADVENTURE.

But oooh, they should add it to Shanghai Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast