Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: Castle - Update on the Little Lost Turret

I think the new meet and greet area is going to make this area come back to life , I have always used this as my short cut to fontierland , that probly won't happen anymore because it will be crowed as soon as it is unvieled but I'm happy because it will be the new shining spot in the park
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, I recognize that turret, too! My good friend, Princess Aurora, used to let me sleep in there over-night during one of her many famous slumber parties!

ORGOCH: In bat's butt! Ya couldn't even fit yer big toe inta that puny tower, let alone yer big, fat backside!

ORDDU: Actually I think that was the same tower where Prince Phillip and I used to rendezvous--long before Tarzan came along to distract me from one affair to another.

Question Re: Castle - Update on the Little Lost Turret

Just looking at the Olszewski Sleeping Beauty Castle trying to figure out which one is the Little Lost Turret. Last on the left? Second from the left? Don't tell me that Olszewski overlooked the poor little thing!

On the topic of turrets & towers, the OSBC has the top of the big square tower at the right rear removable to show a miniature Aurora about to be kissed by Phillip. So now I am wondering: What's actually in that big square towertop? If nothing, then I think Disney is missing an opportunity here: Turn it into an elegant observation point [no furniture] where couples can go and enjoy a commemorative kiss.

______
    Rachane

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

You know what's interesting? It looks like the paint job was updated on this newly uncovered section for the 50th anniversary. Look how strong the colors of the bricks are. Either that, or my eyes are playing tricks on me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I think the new meet and greet area is going to make this area come back to life , I have always used this as my short cut to fontierland , that probly won't happen anymore because it will be crowed as soon as it is unvieled but I'm happy because it will be the new shining spot in the park
    I'd imagine the walk way will stay to relieve congestion, actually.

• Blew By You

Great piece.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    Just looking at the Olszewski Sleeping Beauty Castle trying to figure out which one is the Little Lost Turret. Last on the left? Second from the left? Don't tell me that Olszewski overlooked the poor little thing!

On the topic of turrets & towers, the OSBC has the top of the big square tower at the right rear removable to show a miniature Aurora about to be kissed by Phillip. So now I am wondering: What's actually in that big square towertop? If nothing, then I think Disney is missing an opportunity here: Turn it into an elegant observation point [no furniture] where couples can go and enjoy a commemorative kiss.

i dont think the safety companies will let Disney

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Disneyland Man

The Little Lost Turret plays its usual role of 'Missing' from the Olszewski sculpture. It is located at least 20 feet west of the toy-store-door, which is depicted as the far left edge of the piece. (one of the reasons I went looking at exactly how does that really work over there; France elaborated on the beautifully planted hillside, while Cinderella castles are open all the way around)

Name:  foundturret5 copy.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  194.0 KB

Another feature that stood out to me was how the Little Lost Turret appears to have NOT been painted pink and sparkly along with the rest of the castle during the 50th sprucing. It was so invisible and hard to reach, they didn't get that far.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What a wonderful update!

Since your first story about the turret, we always look for it when we are near the castle. Recently, while enjoying lunch at the new Jolly Holiday Bakery on Main Street, we noticed that we could see the turret from our seat - clear as day!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12