Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Carthay Circle Lounge "restroom policy"

Hi everyone, I would like to read others thoughts about the Carthay Circle lounge restroom policy. After spending over $150 at our table in the lounge (excellent drinks and appetizers), we were told we could not use the restroom in the building as it was for guest at the restaurant only and had to walk to the restroom outside of the building and down the block next to "Off the Page", which turns out to be a 8-10 minute walk each way depending on traffic (sometimes the Carthay Circle Red Car Trolley show adds to the congestion). Maybe I am over sensitive, but this seems kind of extreme. Shouldn't all patrons of Carthay Circle be allowed to use the onsite restroom? It just seems like an odd policy that is not customer service friendly. The other patrons at the table thought it was very off-putting to the experience to have to leave the restaurant and walk down the block also just to wash their hands. Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Carthay Circle Lounge "restroom policy"

That's strange...we did dine at the restaurant but my friend asked where the restrooms were and was pointed upstairs before we even checked in at sat at the lounge before being called to our reservation. Maybe just a miscommunication or perhaps they're having a problem with too many people coming in just to use restrooms and had to enact a policy??? The restrooms are gorgeous in the Carthay btw, which sounds strange, but yeah, better IMO then the Club 33 ones (which I have visited in person and can compare to). I can see them becoming a "popular" restroom location lol

• Banned User

That is RIDICULOUS! Any restroom in the park should be open to anyone. You paid admission, didn't you?? I'd go straight to Guest Services. This will change.

• Please pull the yellowtab

That is ridiculous! I can't believe the CMs asked patrons to exit the restaurant and walk down the street to use the restrooms. If they didn't want guests dining in the lounge to enter the restaurant area they should have built restrooms on the 1st floor & 2nd floor. I sincerely hope you visited Guest Services at DLR and complained about the service you received at Carthay Circle lounge so that this doesn't happen again. If that ever happened to me and my family I would have requested to speak to the lead CM and filled out a complaint form at Guest Services to make sure it is recorded for leads/management to be informed.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 06-17-2012 at 01:36 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    That is RIDICULOUS! Any restroom in the park should be open to anyone. You paid admission, didn't you?? I'd go straight to Guest Services. This will change.
    Really? Cause the restroom in Walt's Apartment has been off-limits for 50 years, and the Dream Suite restrooms are similarly unavailable.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The point being it is rather silly to bar the restrooms from the lounge patrons if they are paying and are in the same facility as said restrooms...especially if the bill was as big as $150.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I really only think that people who paid for food at the restaurant should be able to use the restrooms there. Otherwise, people would be going in there all the time because they heard about how nice the restrooms were. Just because you paid admission to the park doesn't mean you should get access to ALL the amenities inside the park.
    Last edited by Theoretical; 06-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by vrbanks View Post
    ...which turns out to be a 8-10 minute walk each way depending on traffic (sometimes the Carthay Circle Red Car Trolley show adds to the congestion).
    While I agree you should be able to use the Carthay rest rooms, the Hollywood ones are more like a 2 minute walk away. There's also the Condor Flats ones about 2 minutes away and the bug's land ones about 3-4 minutes away. Again, I still think Carthay should be open to all, but an 8-10 minute walk would get you from California Screamin' to Main Street.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretical View Post
    I really only think that people who payed for food at the restaurant should be able to use the restrooms there. Otherwise, people would be going in there all the time because they heard about how nice the restrooms were. Just because you paid admission to the park doesn't mean you should get access to ALL the amenities inside the park.
    OP was a guest dining at Carthay Circle, albeit in the lounge area of the restaurant, but was asked to use restrooms outside of Cathay Circle building -- really odd and poor customer service in my opinion.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

It does not take 8-10 minutes to walk to the restroom near "off the page" one way or do you mean round trip? I walked on opening day from Carthay to the restroom and it took me 1 min on a crowded walk way. Heck, in less than 8 mins I can run 1.1 miles.

ok, back on topic I think everyone that dine at the restaurant should allow to use the restroom.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    OP was a guest dining at Carthay Circle, albeit in the lounge area of the restaurant, but was asked to use restrooms outside the restaurant -- really odd and poor customer service in my opinion.
    Oh I know that. I just meant that guests who did not pay for food at the restaurant should not be able to use the restrooms inside. I think the nice restrooms inside are sort of an added benefit to the guests who paid for the food. They definitely should have let the OP use those restrooms, though.

Thanks for the responses.

Just for clarification. I meant "8-10 min" round trip (I meant to type 4-5 min each way). Also CM's were slowing traffic because of the Red Car show. Either way it would have only taken 30 seconds to walk to the 2nd floor.

I spoke with a manager, and I was told of their policy for the lounge area in regards to restroom. The said they wanted to maintain the dining experience of the restaurant, which I can understand if people were just going to the restroom and not in the lounge or restaurant. I also filed a complaint with guest relations.

My server was even embarrassed to state the policy. She mentioned the employees have a restroom on the first floor, but there is no restroom for the lounge patrons.

I hope when others go to the lounge for drinks and appetizers and have to take the walk down the street that they will also lodge complaints.

P.S. The drinks and appetizers were amazing. They are like no other place in the resort.

• keh!

lol, 8-10 minutes from CCT to Off The Page. I walked from the Disneyland gates to the Matterhorn Queue in about 5 minutes last night.

That shouldn't be the case for someone using the lounge. The patrons of the lounge should be considered a paying customer of that restaurant.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    While I agree you should be able to use the Carthay rest rooms, the Hollywood ones are more like a 2 minute walk away. There's also the Condor Flats ones about 2 minutes away and the bug's land ones about 3-4 minutes away. Again, I still think Carthay should be open to all, but an 8-10 minute walk would get you from California Screamin' to Main Street.
    And there are also the BV street ones maybe a 2 minute walk at most. BUT, if they were eating there, they should be able to use the restrooms.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast