Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

So is today (the 17th) the horror people were expecting it to be?

Haven't heard any thing on here, nor on Twitter, of it being overcrowded or hitting capacity yet. I do know they're handstamping as precaution but did we over think what we assumed would be D-Day?

If it's not that bad and is what it's mostly been over the weekend, maybe I'll show up sometime in the evening.

Perhaps people are busy finishing church and their Father's Day lunches. If someone is there now and could give any heads up, that would be great!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: So is today (the 17th) the horror people were expecting it to be?

Crowds are actually very light today, that might change in the evening though.

I just got back from the parks... mini report:

I got to DCA at 8. Waited 3 hours to ride RSR and it was pretty meh.

Everything else in both DCA and DL is very managable. Feel free to head on out. Only place that is a zoo is Carsland. RSR was at 270 minutes wait on my way out

Quote Originally Posted by KB24 View Post
    I just got back from the parks... mini report:

I got to DCA at 8. Waited 3 hours to ride RSR and it was pretty meh.

Everything else in both DCA and DL is very managable. Feel free to head on out. Only place that is a zoo is Carsland. RSR was at 270 minutes wait on my way out
    I waited 3 hours as well and I gotta say I thought RSR was pretty meh as well. It's not a bad ride, it's just very underwhelming.

I would hardly consider it based on test track. It's a good ride for kids and I see this being popular with kids once the surge of the opening dies down but there is no way it's an E ticket ride like other big time rides in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by KB24 View Post
    I would hardly consider it based on test track. It's a good ride for kids and I see this being popular with kids once the surge of the opening dies down but there is no way it's an E ticket ride like other big time rides in the park.
    I agree. The ride isn't very thrilling. I understand it's a DLR ride and the thrills are suppose to be family friendly, however, there are seldom thrills to be found at RSR. The racing segment was fun at first but afterwards it almost seemed like I was riding down the 5 freeway with a convertible. The animatronics are really awesome, but they don't bring any excitement to the ride.

Also, the whole racing thing wasn't very convincing. I could tell most people on the ride did not know we were racing each other, or maybe they simply did not care. RSR is an awesome dark ride, but I wouldn't consider it a "E" ticket.

• Minion

E tickets definitely do not have to be thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    E tickets definitely do not have to be thrilling.
    No, they don't have to be. POTC and HM are great examples of that. However, POTC and HM are very immersive and detailed dark rides. RSR feels more like the sort of dark ride you would find at Fantasyland.

I was hoping that RSR would focus on the racing aspect, however. Imagine 8 cars lining up at the starting line. The light turns green. To win all you gotta do is complete 3 laps around the track. During the first lap, everything is smooth sailing. The second lap, some cars make a pit stop, some cars take a detour. The third lap things get hectic, the cars get faster, cars are weaving in and out of their lanes. And BOOM! Photo finish!

The racing aspect in RSR is, to say the least, disappointing.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by moofy View Post
    I agree. The ride isn't very thrilling. I understand it's a DLR ride and the thrills are suppose to be family friendly, however, there are seldom thrills to be found at RSR. The racing segment was fun at first but afterwards it almost seemed like I was riding down the 5 freeway with a convertible. The animatronics are really awesome, but they don't bring any excitement to the ride.

Also, the whole racing thing wasn't very convincing. I could tell most people on the ride did not know we were racing each other, or maybe they simply did not care. RSR is an awesome dark ride, but I wouldn't consider it a "E" ticket.
    Even though i have not been on it,
    i hear the speed is about 45 miles. that is slow my opinion. i will have to wait and see but still looking foward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Even though i have not been on it,
    i hear the speed is about 45 miles. that is slow my opinion. i will have to wait and see but still looking foward to it.
    I'd say it's somewhat slow to be honest. The initial acceleration from 0 to 40 is the most thrilling part. I think the thing is the vehicles have too much of a constant speed. The turns are too mild as well. The racing segment is also way too short. I believe it was somewhere around 30 or 40 seconds.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Any update on the crowds?

for anyone who has ridden both, how does RSR compare to epcot test track? ignore the car testing part, how does the fast part (where you go 65) compare to rsr (where you go 40). is it a huge difference in the thrill-factor?

Both soarin and GRR are both e-tickets in DCA and they are both not thrilling at all. The waterfall drops in GRR are slow but that doesn't mean it's not an e-ticket...

• Musical Fireman

How come people think an attraction is an e-ticket just because it goes fast? When Disneyland opened with the d-ticket being the best Rocket to the Moon was one of them. Ticket attractions should be measured in theme,storytelling,how the ride system is utilized, and all around esthetics (music, landscaping ect.) They don't call the Haunted Mansion an E-ticket for nothing.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Like I mentioned before, E tickets certainly do not have to be thrilling. However, RSR is simply a dark ride. For most of the dark ride portion there is nearly complete focus on the animatronics. The whole place is dark except for a few animatronics. They had some setting later on which is pretty cool. The ride is good, but it isn't an E ticket.

HM and POTC have detailed set pieces. RSR doesn't have anything that really compares to the ballroom in HM or the battle scene in POTC. Keep in mind both HM and POTC are very classic attractions. With today's technology, one could have expected better.

EDIT: I should add, I am disappointed with RSR not Cars Land. Cars Land is simply amazing. It's very immersive. I just wish they didn't have to base lands on a single movie.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast