Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Queen Elsa

The New DCA Trip report by Capt. Hook

Yes it is me and it has been a long time send I have done any trip reports. I've been going to Disneyland but there really hasn't been anything good to post about my time at Disneyland. I haven't seen any of my character friends for the last 3 months or so and the characters that I have taken pictures with was more like 6 characters and that is it. But today I am back to share my day yesturday at The New DCA as I call it.

I started my day by getting to the park around 9:30 and I was sopost to meet up with some Mice Chat friends one made it and the other didn't. The one that made it was the first time that we ever met each other. But before he came I walk into DCA to see all the new look that they did and just let you know somethings don't excitied me to much but this time I got to give Disney creitd for the amazing job they did. I took some pictures of the place along with Cars Land and of chourse my favorite the Characters. When I cam out of one of the new stores which is on the left side. (Sorry I don't remember the name of the store didn't look.) I happen to spot the 20's Goofy I was about to go see him when my friend show up. We talk for awild wild we where in line for Goofy. My friend was telling me about that he was at DCA on Friday and what madness it was. I was sopost to go on Friday as well but had to change it send it was close to Fathers day and figure that my dad would like to go to Disneyland. He didn't get Friday so that is why we did a Sat. which I though was better from what my friend said what happen. So after we talk and I took my photo shot with Goofy (Photos will come after the writing of this trip by the way as well as two videos that I did.) We when on to see the statue of early Walt and early Mickey which I got my picture done. After that we when to Cars Land and all I can say is WOW! If I didn't know that where I was, was DCA I would of though that I was in the cartton it's self. Again Amazing what Disney did. We look around the place I didn't do any of the ride that day cause it was crazy with two of them with the lines full back and no fast pass out after 11am plus when I had lunch around 3 the race ride broke down where we could see it which I ate at Flo's V8. But anyway after we walk around for awild in cars land which was around 11. We when down to where WOC is at and when to the food court there cause my friend wanted some thing to eat. So after he had something to eat we leave and we hear music coming from the river and we saw Goofy in a tux with a stick controlling the water and it was kind of hard to take pick of Goofy when the water is coming down at you. So after we watch the show with Goofy we when to Hollywoodland to the old Who wants to be a Millaion [ms] to see this last dision that Disney though of call Disney Dance Party with the characters which ran from 1-5pm. We where in line waiting to go in cause I had hear from someone on Mice Chat that send me a PM saying something that some rare characters would be there. So we when in and it was pretty nice. To me you couldn't tell the the building we walk in was that of the WWTBAM. Cause it look so weird and different looking. So after a few mintues with just kids and there mom's and dad's there they where dancing to music they DJ said that they be starting with the baddest characters of all time to come and dance with everyone. There theme music that they came to was from Michael Jackson BAD. The DJ call the villians out one by one. There was Cruella,Queen of Hearts,Jafar,Prince John,The Sheriff,Capt. Hook,Mr. Smee and Big Bad Wolf. Each song they play had a theme with the character like Cruella's was Who let the dogs out, Jafar had I had a spell on you and so forth. I wanted to get some pics with the character which was hard to do when they where dancing. The only way I could get any was if I dance with them and tell you all now I don't dance never how to dance. So I got pictures of Big Bad Wolf and of Prince John and the Sheriff. The villian lasted about an hour before they change the characters around when the net set of characters came out it was the ladies that was the title they gave the girl Disney Characters with the theme song Girls just wanna to have Fun from Cyndi Lopper? The girl of Disney where may of. Daisy Duck,Clarabelle Cow,Lilo,The Step Sisters,Clara Cluck,Marie and Clarice. I got some pics with the ladies but with Drizella I had to ask her to marry me to get a picture with her. My friend had to do the same with Anastasie. After we finally got the Step Sisters we leave and when back to Cars Land to get some Ice Cream and then departed are own ways send I had to leave early that night cause I had to work the next day really early. So anyways I had a great time at DCA and I am inpress of the place.

Now here comes the pics and videos injoy them.

More coming up.

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 06:43 PM ----------

Me with the characters plus the two videos.

Re: The New DCA Trip report by Capt. Hook

Capt Hook, I always enjoy reading your trip reports! I'm glad you enjoyed Carsland. It really does look amazing based on what I saw in your pictures. I hope to go there sometime soon, if my parents ever renew my annual pass. Glad you had a good time!

• formerly very helpful

thnks for the report and pics!

Thanks Capt, for the great TR!

Love your pics, especially with Goofy. The photos look great...did you get a new camera or something?
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Thanks Capt, for the great TR!

Love your pics, especially with Goofy. The photos look great...did you get a new camera or something?
    Not really the camera I have is my mom's. The one that I use to have die on me so I had to use my mom's old one now.

• Indiana Scott

It's great to hear from you again Capt.. been too long!
    Your pics and comments on CL are most interesting - cant wait to see it all myself now!!!

Great TR Capt Hook! I love the pics! I always look forward to your trip reports. You look like you had so much fun. Nice to hear from you it is always a pleasure. Thank you, for your post.

• Queen Elsa

Thanks Scott and Tinkerbell714 for the comment. Yeah it is good to do some reports again. Like I said in the beginning of this I have been going but the last few months I really didn't get to many pics with the characters and the ones that has become my friend I don't get to see them anymore. I think Disney has change there days of when they are there and so I miss seeing them. Exspeally 3 of them who I have been close to. But it was funny beeing happy for a change and not beening upset cause I haven't seen who I wanted to see. I did have fun with Drizella yesturday she was so much fun. It is funny back in 07 when I first saw the sisters I was more after Anastasie then Drizella but now 5 years later it's Drizella's turn But anyways thank you two and everyone else that has post on here so far.

• Minion

Great trip report as always Its been too long since your last one

• I am not a Krusty Krab

OMG i didnt know about the dance thing in hollywood land!!!!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• World Traveler

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you had a bonanza with the dancy party! Thank you for sharing.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Capt! It's been a while!

I always look forward to your TR's. Looks like you had a blast!

Sidenote: Is Marie a new edition to our parks? I know she was at DLP but I have never seen her here. Neat!

• Newbie.

Great trip report! I live in Texas, and probably won't get back to Disneyland until next summer (2013!), so I really appreciate all your hard work. It's people like you that make MiceChat a great site.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Not the Fallen

Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast