View Poll Results: Choose which one suits you best! (public poll)

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a gal and I prefer July 1

5 7.94%
  • I'm a boy and I prefer July 1

3 4.76%
  • I'm LGBT and I prefer July 1

2 3.17%
  • I'm a gal and I prefer July 8

6 9.52%
  • I'm a boy and I prefer July 8

11 17.46%
  • I'm LGBT and I prefer July 8

4 6.35%
  • I wish I could join you guys! You sound fun!

17 26.98%
  • I'm so glad I'm not single.

15 23.81%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Mice Chat Singles Meet - JULY 8th!

Tentative schedule:

12pm-12:45pm (1pm at the latest) -- Meet under the lift hill of Grizzly River Run in Disney California Adventure. If you get to the parks earlier and can get fast passes to Radiator Springs Racers, feel free to do so. Collectively as a group, I'm not sure if they'll wait in that line but it's always an option.

1pm - ? -- Probably lunch somewhere, then hang out, rides, etc.

6pm-7pm -- Dinner at the Paradise Grill and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. Try to meet at the tables closest to Goofy Sky School next to or inside the old P.T. Flea Market gazebo.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Hey, I am new to this forum and I don't know if Sunday will work, but maybe?

I live in about an hour away over in San Fernando Valley. If I can't make this time, perhaps there will be another one sometime? I am 22 and very single haha.

can't make this one.. Hope the next one is on a friday or saturday night. drinks in a lounge before mad t party sounds like way more fun.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
    Hey, I am new to this forum and I don't know if Sunday will work, but maybe?

I live in about an hour away over in San Fernando Valley. If I can't make this time, perhaps there will be another one sometime? I am 22 and very single haha.

Pretty sure a lot of people will be driving from all over. Think of it as going to Disneyland rather than a "singles meet".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Hey guys, just checking in!

Glad that this is taking off and that a lot of you are excited for this! I won't know if I'm working Sunday until tomorrow, but I'm hoping to meet up with all of you (I am actually taken, but I still want to be there for the meet). I know a couple of people that are planning to go that are not yet forum members.

Definitely get a RSR fastpass if you can...my last wait time in Standby for that was over 4 hours because the attraction broke down 3 times (one in which someone was taken off on a stretcher - probably heat exhaustion).

Ah man so this isnt a dating thing? Haha jk. I Should be at the parks around 1ish sunday since I'm about an hour away. This actually isnt just a random day trip for me but the usual family vaca till thursday and I turn 21 on monday. Not certain when Ill be able to break away from fam. But Ill fersure be able to make a cameo thats guaranteed. If not and people wanna do something else in the week Im down.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty26 View Post
    Ah man so this isnt a dating thing? Haha jk. I Should be at the parks around 1ish sunday since I'm about an hour away. This actually isnt just a random day trip for me but the usual family vaca till thursday and I turn 21 on monday. Not certain when Ill be able to break away from fam. But Ill fersure be able to make a cameo thats guaranteed. If not and people wanna do something else in the week Im down.
    Have a happy 21st bday! if we all dont see you at the meet

Thanks! I'm like 90% sure Ill meet up eventually unless I totally forget.. What time? Im not sure yet.
    Last edited by Shorty26; 07-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Tentative schedule:

12pm-12:45pm (1pm at the latest) -- Meet under the lift hill of Grizzly River Run in Disney California Adventure. If you get to the parks earlier and can get fast passes to Radiator Springs Racers, feel free to do so. Collectively as a group, I'm not sure if they'll wait in that line but it's always an option.

1pm - ? -- Probably lunch somewhere, then hang out, rides, etc.

6pm-7pm -- Dinner at the Paradise Grill and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. Try to meet at the tables closest to Goofy Sky School next to or inside the old P.T. Flea Market gazebo.
    I like this schedule.
    Also, I know someone had mentioned how we would go about our day since this does seem like it'll be a large group.

I'm not sure if this would work but maybe if we broke up into 2-3 groups and designated a contact in each group. We could try rotating groups throughout the day. Or we could stick as one big group, and rotate riding partners?

I know its possible that this can get a little overwhelming with such a large group but I'm sure we can pull it all together and have a great time!

Coheteboy, I'm sure you'll add in some wonderful advice =P

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RinkrisTin View Post
    I like this schedule.
    Also, I know someone had mentioned how we would go about our day since this does seem like it'll be a large group.

I'm not sure if this would work but maybe if we broke up into 2-3 groups and designated a contact in each group. We could try rotating groups throughout the day. Or we could stick as one big group, and rotate riding partners?

I know its possible that this can get a little overwhelming with such a large group but I'm sure we can pull it all together and have a great time!

Coheteboy, I'm sure you'll add in some wonderful advice =P

Large groups tend to move slower but I don't think you should split up since it's the first meet. Moving buddies will be determined day of and per ride. Whoever seems to hit it off, just sit next to each other. No big deal. If I go, I don't mind sitting alone and let you love birds at it.

The main objective is to hopefully enjoy Disneyland/DCA with cool new people. Not to make out (that's just icing if this were a cake).

In the past what my main goal for the day was to find out what things people have NEVER ever done... then do it. Doesn't matter how long you have to wait or how silly it is, it made the day more interesting and productive at the same time. Otherwise, you'd spend an hour trying to figure out what ride to go on. Sometimes you'd end up not doing anything. So collectively, it's good to have mini-missions. "Oh you never done Jumpin' Jellyfish? Let's go."

i mean, are taken people or couples allowed? i don't want to intrude or offend! haha! jk. serious question though. I am interested in just meeting some micechat peeps.

Ideally this had started off as a 'Singles' meet. But I have friends who will be coming that are taken but just want to meet new people. Like Coheteboy said, this is more of an opportunity to meet new people and have a good time.

If you do hit it off with someone then all the better!

Disneyland does tend to give off the 'family/couple' friendly environment, so to me, this meet is a chance to to just have a good time with people who I wouldn't normally feel comfortable to approach in the park. If you ARE taken, but want to just meet like minded people around the same age as yourself, please join in.

----

On another note, I like that idea about not breaking up the group. It'll make it much easier for everyone to meet not to mention break the ice a little quicker.

Tomorrow Ill be sending out a mass massage to anyone who expressed interested or answered the poll! Yay! 2 more days people.

• Minion

I'd like to go, but I'm in Seattle area, next trip to DLR is september
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Sounds fun. If you ever do one on a saturday, I'd love to attend. Unfortunately, Sundays are taken up by matinees when you're a performer.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

A sugestion: instead of trying to all get RSR fast passes, since they are gone first thing in the morning, just meet somewhere and then head to the single rider line. It's about 60min standby or less and would give everyone a chance to meet and chat. And everyone really is a single rider!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast