View Poll Results: Is WoC too long?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I think it could use some editing.

50 43.48%
  • NO - It's fine as is... or can be longer.

53 46.09%
  • NO PREFERENCE - I don't care either way.

12 10.43%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: World of Color - Too long?

The problem here is that many of you have seen the show a multiple of times. For a newbie like me I look forward to the show, the experience that is World Of Color and enjoying the show for its current length.

I'll savor the end and walk up to the metal fence to watch the closing music show and dancing water.

I plan on watching it at least 2 to 3 times during my trip.

Remember Dreams Come True fireworks I don't mind missing or watching once on my trip. This show I want to see a multiple of times during my week stay. All of you who are "bored", well you have Carsland to focus on. I'll have both to focus on when I go this summer.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

I voted yes not because its too long (i think the length is fine), I feel that the show should be edited better. There should also be less projections! They're just to blurry and a lot are having a hard time seeing them (because of how the viewing area is constructed, you have to be in certain spots to view it properly!). The main focus should be on the colorful fountains and the music! The projections should only be there to enhance them not to be the main focus.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^seen Fantasmic over 20 times...still love it....many of use thought WOC would be at the same level but if you have to change something every 6 months to keep it interesting something...off at least to me

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    The problem here is that many of you have seen the show a multiple of times. For a newbie like me I look forward to the show, the experience that is World Of Color and enjoying the show for its current length.

See, if you read the first post (I'm the OP, by the way), I was basing this thread on my parents' first reactions Saturday night and they mirrored my very own from 2010. I just never really heavily expressed it because overall I DO like the show.

But some have actually made some great comments. Is it too long? Or perhaps too boring? I think it might possibly be the latter now. When the show focuses on an entire song from a movie I've seen countless times, my mind will start to turn off.

There ARE several great moments though! I think when the show does its own variation of a familiar tune, that's when it excels. Take "April Shower" for example. That's probably the best version of that piece I've ever heard!

Under the Sea is pretty fun as is Friend Like Me. And I actually like the Pirates of the Caribbean section because it's different, percussive, and makes great use of the fountains more so than the projections.

And I hope you guys know that by now, you don't need to queue up an hour before the show. Just wait 20 minutes till and you can still wander all the way to the front - down where it's better, down where it's wetter! Take it from me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator

Wow, after seeing the Independence Day pre-show for World of Color, how could one go back to the normal show?? This is the best thing projected on the bay ever.

The real World of Color needs to be more of a medley like this was. Stop focusing on entire scenes and especially remove the death of Mufasa. That's just a buzz kill.

If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Yes it is. Get rid of the screens, make it about the water and fire. Shorten it and pack it full of punches.
    I wish Disney would bring Sprite into the show. Something that ties the whole package together.

I really adore the giant frogs created for the Eifteling water show. So cool.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

The real World of Color needs to be more of a medley like this was. Stop focusing on entire scenes and especially remove the death of Mufasa. That's just a buzz kill.

If you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

So ditch the entire story, theme, emotion and point of the show? Got it.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

You can have theme, emotion and story without all the clutter. It needs to be cleaned up.

• Banned User

The Lion King segment is hardly "clutter".

•   
    • Minion

I think the length would be fine but the show itself needs tweaking. The scenes don't mesh well for me at all which is why I avoid the show all together. Fantasmic is long as well but it takes you on a journey while WOC just shows you a bunch of scenes from movies that seemed to keep getting switched out. If it;s meant to be a fireworks on water display then it should be shortend IMO

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    The Lion King segment is hardly "clutter".
    The entire show is clutter. That said, I'm fine with the Lion King stampede. Could do without the death of Mufasa. The show needs better transitions for sure.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The entire show is clutter. That said, I'm fine with the Lion King stampede. Could do without the death of Mufasa. The show needs better transitions for sure.
    I agree with al that you say here lol. The death scene is just odd. While it looks great I feel they could have left the death out. The show is cluttered a lot. I love the technology of WOC but the content to me is just blah except for the beginning and the end lol

• Banned User

This show feels like Disney's Arrested Development. Intelligent, well thought out, intricately crafted, and yet flying over the heads of too many people to maintain long term success. The opening night version was nothing short of amazing. The changes since them have thrown a wrench in the story (which it has) and the themes that are constructed. The problem is they didn't stoop to another child's level story like F!. They went for art, and something more abstract, and look where it gets you.

• MiceChat Moderator

This show feels like Disney's Arrested Development. Intelligent, well thought out, intricately crafted, and yet flying over the heads of too many people to maintain long term success. The opening night version was nothing short of amazing. The changes since them have thrown a wrench in the story (which it has) and the themes that are constructed. The problem is they didn't stoop to another child's level story like F!. They went for art, and something more abstract, and look where it gets you.

There is no story! There is no theme!

And honestly, it doesn't need a story and it doesn't need a theme. All it needs to do is entertain... and it DOES, but I think it can be done a whole lot better.

•   
    • Minion

I think you give it too much credit Arrested Development was hilarius and actually thought out. I think about 15 different people thought out WOC and then another 20 or so thought it out some more and now it's one big cluster.

Saying that the intel of the people watching the show is so low they don't understand it seems silly to me. I understand the show fine it's a bunch of movie scenes thrown together on awesome technology there really isn't any hidden meaning to it. It's meant to be used as a forum to advertise and that is what it does (Hence the scene switch outs). There is a beggining and a end I can identify with. Then you get to watch characters from several movies go through life adventures and they don't transition at all with the next one IMO. is the show entertaining? It is of course I just think it could be a lot better.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast