Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

BVS Guests in Period Costumes?

Name:  i-2SX3BNL-M.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  112.4 KB

Didn't know if it was talked about already, but as I was looking at Mint's update, dead center, there seems to be a family dressed up. That's totally awesome!
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Special Agent

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    Didn't know if it was talked about already, but as I was looking at Mint's update, dead center, there seems to be a family dressed up. That's totally awesome!
    I saw a lot of cosplayers out yesterday and frankly I think I could do without them. I wonder how far Disney will let it go?

• Not-So-New Member

So dressing up nice is cosplaying now? Or do you mean people dressed as actual characters?
    -Chris

• Banned User

I love the dressing up. I always loved the swing dancers at dl and no one seemed to have a problem with them

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I think it's cool. Leave them alone.

I find todays "casual dress" standards offensive. I mean, do people even look in a mirror before they leave the house? Do they even try? It's shocking to see what some people find exceptable to wear in public.

• Banned User

I love it. I wish there were more of them

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    I love it. I wish there were more of them

Same.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Where they in just spiffy retro style clothing or dressed in something more fanciful?
    They were just wearing 20s style outfits. Probably the same folks displaced from Carnation. Normally I would just write it off as people being weird, but considering Disney has thier own costume characters walking around, there is a deeper implication here. You wouldn't let somepne dressed as Mary Poppins on Main Street for the same reason... you dont want to confuse people or let the guests distract from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    They were just wearing 20s style outfits. Probably the same folks displaced from Carnation. Normally I would just write it off as people being weird, but considering Disney has thier own costume characters walking around, there is a deeper implication here. You wouldn't let somepne dressed as Mary Poppins on Main Street for the same reason... you dont want to confuse people or let the guests distract from the show.
    They could be the same folks who do the Dapper Day. Dapper Day

I don't think this is such a problem. Looking at BVS I also want to walk down the street wearing a suit and fedora. I don't think that Disney guests are stupid enough to think that these guests who are obviously guests are Disney employees.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

My friends and I had a lunch reservation at Carthay yesterday and we all dressed up for the occasion. I wish people would dress a little nicer when they go out. I saw too many people wearing clothes that looked like they had just rolled out of bed (not pajamas, that's an entirely different problem).

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I think it's cool. Leave them alone.

I find todays "casual dress" standards offensive. I mean, do people even look in a mirror before they leave the house? Do they even try? It's shocking to see what some people find exceptable to wear in public.
    I agree with you, i wish people would dress more apropriatelyTwo weeks ago I saw a lady wearing shorts so short that half of her butt checks were hanging out, a blouse that exposť her stomach and most of her breast and she was in fantasyland. I actually heard more than one person commenting on why they even let her in like that

Some people wear their pajamas out. Nothing screams out "lazy" than wearing your pajamas in public.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I agree with you, i wish people would dress more apropriatelyTwo weeks ago I saw a lady wearing shorts so short that half of her butt checks were hanging out, a blouse that exposť her stomach and most of her breast and she was in fantasyland. I actually heard more than one person commenting on why they even let her in like that
    Doppio and Baloo, I completely agree with you. Some people show WAY too much skin to where it is borderline lewdness.

Does Disney have a dress code? I thought if anything was offensive (body parts hanging out and such) they would be asked to leave or dress more appropriately. I'm sure that many people would file lawsuits for harassment or being discriminated against, cause you know, you can do that for ANYTHING these days.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Bingo. BVS isn't a Halloween party, it's a Disney theme park land that includes professional performers who are hired to entertain the customers. The last thing the performers need are cosplaying customers wearing similar costumes, in effect saying to the audience, "hey, look at me!" Disney is nuts if they allow customers to do this. Would they allow customers to dress up in 1890 costume and sing along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street? Same thing here.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast