Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

•   
    • Minion

Re: Radiator Springs Racers breaking down too often?

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Breakdowns like the ones in Disneyland and DCA, where multiple rides are often down the same day or even at one time, rarely happen at the Tokyo Disney Resort, which is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company. They put in more time and money on maintenance. Every ride is closed each year for a good rehab. I've never seen Indy break down at DisneySEA. Ever. If we see Cars Land built at the Tokyo Disney Resort, I don't think we'll see Radiator Springs Racers break down much, either.

The fact that it breaks down so much at DCA is not a necessity! We'll see how the new version of Test Track does at Epcot. The old one went down constantly. The second iteration of the ride system at DisneySEA in Japan, Journey to the Center of the Earth, rarely goes down. I've seen it happen only once or twice.

Journey to the Center of the earth has the same issues as Test Track and RsR. There have been posts in the Tokyo forum over the years that have stated so. Also with posts like these none of us can really comment. You would need to see the statistcal data of a attractions logs to see how often it's down versus the time it is up. I haven't been to DCA when RsR is down (5 times at 3 day intervals for a total of 15 visits since June) so I guess it's always up 100% That's sounds pretty good to me

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Boy, it sure seems like i remember MANY discussions about JTTCOTE breaking down alot.
    I can't recall any.

The only discussions I do recall is the ride being down for refurbishment which is something entirely separate.

• Certified in everything

I don't see how anyone can so cavalierly dismiss the amount of times this ride goes down a day. Maybe to a Micechatter with an AP this is no big deal because they can ride it next week, but to the family who paid $500 for their park-hoppers and drove from out of the area for the day, this is a big deal.

It is NOT the entitled APers who are clamoring about this ride, instead, it is those who understand that, especially in this economy, a premium price deserves a premium product.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Resident of the Caldera

I have been to Tokyo DisneySEA dozens of times--perhaps about 120 days total. I have seen Journey to the Center of the Earth down once or twice. It runs in the rain, and it runs in the snow.

I have been to the Disneyland resort about the same number of days in the past four years. I can't even count the number of times I have seen Indy, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and other attractions go down for part of the day. It's ridiculous. And this is under a better maintenance program than they used to have when Pressler and Cynthia Harris were running the park.

I've been to Epcot less in recent years, however my experience there was that Test Track usually went down at least once every day.

This is all empircal evidence--but it's my own evidence since I've been in these parks and seen it all firsthand. If you spend the money on proper design and maintenance, including closing attractions for weeks or months every year to rehab them, they don't break down as often.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

What type of 'breakdowns' are we talking about? The ride shutting down for substantial periods (hour +) or the 10 minute "breakdowns" they have every so often due to a sensor or something of that sort?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    What type of 'breakdowns' are we talking about? The ride shutting down for substantial periods (hour +) or the 10 minute "breakdowns" they have every so often due to a sensor or something of that sort?
    It has problems with delayed openings, and breakdowns during the day. Sometimes 15, 30, 45 minutes but other times multiple hours.

IME it's broken down once while in line, and opened very late when I had an EMH, once a little late during my AP Early Entry. Been down once during my FP return, and once while in line. But I've ridden it about 15 other times with no problems at all and caught it with very short waits a couple time right after it opened back up from a closure. It's not good compared to other attractions but for me far from terrible.

I have to say, considering the amount of people that ride RSR in a day, a break down every now and then is inevitable. You cannot expect that much mechanical equipment to run perfectly 24/7.

dcdemon: You're right. I totally understand break downs. They happen. And they're not exclusive to RSR.

When we went to DCA for our annual trip, we were disappointed when RSR was down. We were really disappointed when it was down every time we went to check and really, REALLY disappointed when it broke down while we were riding it. It was a major bummer.

But then I started talking to other people. I started asking Cast Members. Everybody agreed that the attraction breaks down all the time. They blamed everything from guests to AAs that aren't syncing. This is when I started getting frustrated.

Later, I checked the web. Surely the Disney geeks would be able to weigh in on whether this attraction is running how it should. And I constantly found discussion threads about how RSR is breaking down all the time. It's not just my experience. It's a big issue.

A few weeks ago, I had the luxury of taking my family to WDW for the first time. We spent the week there and enjoyed ourselves. Funny enough, the re-opening of Test Track happened during our visit (first week of December). We were able to hop on during a soft opening the line was 20 minutes at park opening. Throughout the day, I checked wait times and it hovered between 30-60 minutes the whole day. Every time we passed by, you could hear the cars screaming by and I never saw that it was down. And this was during a soft opening, when closures are expected. After checking the WDW forums here, I haven't seen a "TT breaking down too often?" thread. Oh yea, and if you want to blame the weather, I think Florida has California beat.
    Refurb Mike

•   
    • Minion

I was at the resort for 3 days over new years and was able to ride the attraction 6 times and never experienced a breakdown.

I was able to go into the ocean and didn't once see a fish. Ergo, there are no fish in the ocean.
    Refurb Mike

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I was at the resort for 3 days over new years and was able to ride the attraction 6 times and never experienced a breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by refurbmike View Post
    I was able to go into the ocean and didn't once see a fish. Ergo, there are no fish in the ocean.

Micechat at it's best! Love you all!!

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    I don't see how anyone can so cavalierly dismiss the amount of times this ride goes down a day. Maybe to a Micechatter with an AP this is no big deal because they can ride it next week, but to the family who paid $500 for their park-hoppers and drove from out of the area for the day, this is a big deal.

It is NOT the entitled APers who are clamoring about this ride, instead, it is those who understand that, especially in this economy, a premium price deserves a premium product.
    I bet you felt like Clark Griswold and his family when he got to Walley World and found out it was closed, then encoutered Marty Moose: "Sorry, folks! We're closed for two weeks to clean and repair America's favorite family fun park. Sorry, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!"

That is the unfortunate risk of going to any theme/amusement park. stuff breaks down/closes, and bad timing doesnt help. But it does sound like this attraction needs some technical bugs worked out.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by refurbmike View Post
    Think you meant to post this in the ocean thread maybe?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213