Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Radiator Springs Racers breaking down too often?

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    well thank you to all those ahead of me dealing with this so that my August rides on the attraction will run a bit more smoother
    lol I thought the same thing!
    Going in August as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    well thank you to all those ahead of me dealing with this so that my August rides on the attraction will run a bit more smoother
    Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    lol I thought the same thing!
    Going in August as well.
    Same here! Mwahahaha!

Yeah don't know what the problem is here... every time a new ride opens it has a high proportion of downtime during the first few weeks of operation... It doesn't matter how long they have to work on a ride or that the ride system has already been done. Each new ride is an independent system that needs to be calibrated and stabilized when it is finally brought up to operating at full capacity for a full operating day.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i wouldnt worry, Ghost Galaxy went down several times in its opening week and they figured out how to make it go 101 less. so i think RSR is fine

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Test Track was down with great frequency during its first year of operation. Here's hoping they work the bugs out of RSR a little more quickly.

• Circle of Ancients

It's a brand new ride.

It's not like rides that have been around longer don't break down. Splash Mountain, Indy, Space Mtn, etc break down constantly.

It happens.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    It's breaking down like crazy. I'm sorry, but they had HOW long to work on this? And it's duplicate technology from WDW! What's the excuse???
    No excuse here. It's not really duplicatle technology as it is a little more advanced. That being said, it's essentially brand spanking new. It will have it's issues here and there for a while but eventually it will get the kinks out and should run smoothly like the other attractions do at the Resort.

• Circle of Ancients

It's breaking down like crazy. I'm sorry, but they had HOW long to work on this? And it's duplicate technology from WDW! What's the excuse???
    That's like saying that because the first Motorwagen was built by Benz 130 years ago that cars should no longer break down.

Yes, it's a ride, but it's also a "machine". Machine's break down.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

New ride is breaking down and people are already freaking out and calling for the death of it?

If its a couple months later and then still breaking down a lot, then I would be concerened, but not now.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Just this guy......

I would also like to point out that sometimes the rides stops is not a true break down. When people lose items onto the tracks it caused the safety systems to shut down the attraction. This is very common on Indy.

Many people think that these safety shutdown are due to a mechanical break down when they are not. But a shut down is a shut down and the cast members much follow the guide lines and get everyone off the ride. It still take about 20 minutes per ride to get it back up and running again.

• I'm the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Let's say Mater breaks down in the tractor tipping scene, then the lead should cycle the cars in the ride through, apologize for the Mater being down, offer fastpass, and try to get maintenance to fix it right away.
    This is exactly what happens. I think Dusty was just pointing to the fact that Disney takes the time to fix the anamotronics rather then give a sub par show. Although I was talking with other guest during one downtime and they could care less if one anamotronic is down they just want to get on the ride. I'm happy that Disney doesn't want the attraction to run with them not working. Lets see how long that mentality will last.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

There are a lot of safety systems on attractions that deal with CM operation (mainly dealing with backed up vehicles). You have to remember, these CMs were just trained to operate this attraction a few weeks ago, and they are still getting used to the system. At an attraction like Indy, there are some CMs who have been working it for 10 years, and some who have been working it for 10 days. RSR doesn't have the luxury right now of having those 10 year CMs operating it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

I totally agree with you! I don't understand why everyone's freaking out.
    I think they're "freaking out" because after 5 years of waiting and all this promotion, the stinking thing doesn't work. People, paid a lot of good money, camped out, waited in that monstrous line in the heat, and what's the payoff? It's broken. I'm sure Disney's not happy about it either, but the time to work out the kinks has passed. The ride opened, the guests are here. Get it together. While I can always go back, not everyone has that luxury. You built it, they came...

---------- Post added 06-19-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That's like saying that because the first Motorwagen was built by Benz 130 years ago that cars should no longer break down.

Yes, it's a ride, but it's also a "machine". Machine's break down.
    No. It's not even close to saying that, actually.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I think they're "freaking out" because after 5 years of waiting and all this promotion, the stinking thing doesn't work. People, paid a lot of good money, camped out, waited in that monstrous line in the heat, and what's the payoff? It's broken. I'm sure Disney's not happy about it either, but the time to work out the kinks has passed. The ride opened, the guests are here. Get it together. While I can always go back, not everyone has that luxury. You built it, they came...

Name a ride that 43,000 people tried to ride on the first day it was open to the public that didnt break down, and there might be some validity to the 'sky is falling' around here.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Name a ride that 43,000 people tried to ride on the first day it was open to the public that didnt break down, and there might be some validity to the 'sky is falling' around here.
    I didn't say the sky was falling, I said they've had the time to work these things out. That's what testing is for. And the crowds were no surprise. Indy had longer wait times when that opened, as well as Star Tours. The Line for this isn't that long in comparison to those opening seasons.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast