Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Radiator Springs Racers breaking down too often?

Thank you for that in-depth and logical post, Westsider.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

As the others have said, thanks for the info, Westsider. It really puts things into perspective in terms of how random things can shut down this highly sophisticated ride.

I think my concern is....this sounds like it will be a typical day. In future years, if they build more attractions like this one, I think the goal will be to keep the down time to around 10 minutes or less. Maybe that sounds impossible, but when you consider that it takes an entire hour to reset the ride, you're looking at that ride being down an AVERAGE of 3-4 hours each day. There will always be an eight year old, an unruly guest who has had to much to drink, a power surge, a sick guest....any number of circumstances in which they will need to hit the stop button. And then it will take another hour to get it up and running again. As the technology improves, maybe there will be a way to cycle through that ride and get it up and running again faster. But for guests who are standing in line, an hour is an eternity. You can always go out for a root beer float, but if you've already invested two hours waiting, another two hours will probably be a deal breaker for many guests. AP holders will always have the chance to try again later, but it looks like the one day guests will have a 25% chance of never getting on, even after a 2 hour wait. In the mean time, hats off to the CMs who get to deal with the grouchy guests after possibly multiple delays during the course of each day.

You know what's kinda funny? I can't imagine why it takes an hour to restart the ride.

Rides like Mummy, Spider-man, and Transformers only take about 10 to 15 minutes to reset from an E-Stop. The other thing I don't understand is why Disney almost always evacuates after an E-Stop. Other places don't. It's fairly easy for the system to detect the cars on RSR (detecting the draw through the different zones in the bus bar) upon power up. So I see no danger as far as the system not knowing where the vehicles are.

I know I'll probably get the "But it's Disney, and no other rides are like Disney's rides" argument. But the fact is that when you break down all the technical aspects of Transformers, Spider-man, Indy, and RSR, you would be very surprised at how similar the vehicles are and how the ride control system works.

I can understand auto E-Stops caused by faults. While this is Test Track technology, it is doing several new things that haven't been done on this ride system that the control logic and just be all "copy and paste." I can also understand E-Stops due to people. But I seriously don't get why it takes an hour to reset?!

• Just this guy......

RSR was down today 7/13/12 and didn't look like it would get up anytime today. Most of the casts members were saying that they "Hoped" it would back up later tonight.

• Go Bears!

It went down yesterday in the late afternoon and never reopened...and now it's STILL down?

• Please pull the yellowtab

RSR went down during the afternoon on July 12 and never reopened because of a power outage at DLR. Are they still have power issues today?

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    RSR went down during the afternoon on July 12 and never reopened because of a power outage at DLR. Are they still have power issues today?
    Yes, it was still down as of 2:00pm today 7/13/12. They would not say why but it didn't look like a power issue to me. Everything else in the park was running fine.

Yesterday was the first day the ride got rained on, right? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Yesterday was the first day the ride got rained on, right? Maybe that has something to do with it.
    i remember reading somewhere that once at test track, since it is a major electric conductor, it was struck by lightning therefore blowing many fuses, or something, which all had to be replaced which took a week or so. a situation which couldn't be prevented. it was a thunder storm yesterday anyways so maybe something of the sort occurred ?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CatchAPairO View Post
    i remember reading somewhere that once at test track, since it is a major electric conductor, it was struck by lightning therefore blowing many fuses, or something, which all had to be replaced which took a week or so. a situation which couldn't be prevented. it was a thunder storm yesterday anyways so maybe something of the sort occurred ?
    There were no lightning strikes though.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Yes, it was still down as of 2:00pm today 7/13/12. They would not say why but it didn't look like a power issue to me. Everything else in the park was running fine.
    Half the rides in the park (TOT, Soarin' Grizzly, Little Mermaid, Screamin', RSR) were closed in the park at one point.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah, this morning so was Toy Story not a good day to be in the parks...

to my knowledge, RSR has been down for more than 24 hours which is just depressing. i feel sad for all of the tourists that were hoping for it to open today. i talked to a CM at around 9, and he said that the ride would be down for the entire night so I gave up and left.

• Just this guy......

It's Saturday 7/14/12 - Is RSR still down?

Yes

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast