Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• Future Disney Technician

Sad Radiator Springs Racers breaking down too often?

So the Radiator Springs Racers are really great. I love the ride, every second of it. My friend is there today, and he says the ride has broken down 3 times, and i'm kinda nervous. Is this ride gonna be breaking down all the time like Indiana Jones?

Re: Radiator Springs Racers breaking down too often?

This usually happens for the first few weeks for a new ride. It'll hopefully start to work better.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It will take a while to get the ride stabilized (true of any new ride). But I do expect it to be slightly more problematic due to the complexity of the animatronics and racing segment.

Unlike Pirates, where an individual pirate malfunction doesn't necessarily shut down the whole attraction, Mater, Doc, Lightning or and of the story telling characters breaking down would seriously impact the ride experience.

It's a good thing the ride goes down when an animatronic malfunctions or goes off sync.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Future Disney Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    It will take a while to get the ride stabilized (true of any new ride). But I do expect it to be slightly more problematic due to the complexity of the animatronics and racing segment.

Unlike Pirates, where an individual pirate malfunction doesn't necessarily shut down the whole attraction, Mater, Doc, Lightning or and of the story telling characters breaking down would seriously impact the ride experience.

It's a good thing the ride goes down when an animatronic malfunctions or goes off sync.
    I totally agree with you on that part...The animatronics are incredible, it would be a shame to ride it without them working

Unfortunately when I rode it on opening day the final lightning mouth projection was misaligned and way down on his front bumper.

We watched an uncomfortable breakdown yesterday, the 17th, about 6 p.m. Two groups of people on the curved track part had to be evacuated from their cars. They were tipped at quite an angle. The car on the lower track was evacuated at the site of the breakdown. The folks were helped out by security/paramedic-types and walked over to a central area of the ride, by a mesa. There, a man in a white shirt and tie with a clipboard was talking to each person and writing things down. A CM came with a case of bottled water and began distributing it to these folks.
    The car on the upper part of the curve was hand-towed by two CMs until it reached a level area. Then its passengers were assisted off and went through the same procedure as the first car.
    Higher up on the ride, on a level part of the track, another car of folks sat in the warm sun. We didn't see anyone tending to them.
    Didn't look like much fun after a multi-hour wait!

Broke down the 3rd time I rode it on Saturday night. Mac was honking his horns and his effects were flashing on and off. My gf was stuck a few cars ahead with Mater talking and talking and talking about tipping the tractors which were stuck in tipped position. When it finally got moving again, the vans effects were not working when we passed them.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

well thank you to all those ahead of me dealing with this so that my August rides on the attraction will run a bit more smoother
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

It's a complicated ride system. They should have most of the kinks from the first two generations worked out. But there's something new in this ride that hasn't been done before: The racing segment. While the control system on each vehicle shouldn't care about this too much, it does make things a little more complicated for the ride control system. (The part that's enabling the "go" signals throughout the bus bar segments.)

I find it interesting that the right side always wins though. But, it actually makes the system simpler. It would be neat if the cars had random profiles that would change the winning car though.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I rode it 9 times on Thursday and won twice on the left and three times on the right so it dose randomly have a winner. There are tons of sensors working with a lot of computers threw out the ride , it seams to me it breaks down 3 times a day for right now... IMO not to bad , in a month it should be pretty much ironed out I believe , it all about patience at this point

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

I do a lot of system automation for a living so I know it's a pain to get it right from the get go
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Banned User

It's breaking down like crazy. I'm sorry, but they had HOW long to work on this? And it's duplicate technology from WDW! What's the excuse???

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    It's breaking down like crazy. I'm sorry, but they had HOW long to work on this? And it's duplicate technology from WDW! What's the excuse???
    Well not to nit pick...but its more advance then test track....its the same system but 2.0

Also I think the ride has only been up for a few months....not even a half a year and as we know from Murphy the dragon anything and everything can go wrong with Animatronics

I mean Indy breaks down almost every time I go and that rides 16 years old...so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well not to nit pick...but its more advance then test track....its the same system but 2.0

Also I think the ride has only been up for a few months....not even a half a year and as we know from Murphy the dragon anything and everything can go wrong with Animatronics

I mean Indy breaks down almost every time I go and that rides 16 years old...so yeah

I totally agree with you! I don't understand why everyone's freaking out.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

Does RSR really automatically shut-off when an animatronic shuts-off or is out of sync?

If the cars are stopping on the track, then I think that the various computers tracking movement of the ride vehicles don't agree. As somebody posted before, the computer in a car communicates with the cars in front and in back (good way to help prevent collisions), as well as with a central computer monitoring everything. Presumably, like with Splash, if the computers don't agree then they kill power to the cars and/or shut them down, and somebody has to manually move them back down so that guests can unload. It makes no sense to stop the cars mid-track if an effect is down.

Let's say Mater breaks down in the tractor tipping scene, then the lead should cycle the cars in the ride through, apologize for the Mater being down, offer fastpass, and try to get maintenance to fix it right away. Makes no sense to stop the ride as you don't want guests to get aggravated waiting in the dark ride if the mater over the moon is broken.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I don't think it's the animatronics , it's like you said ^^^ one computer is not agreeing with the other or it could be various sensors in the system
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast