Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Could Radiator Springs Racers be the new Rocket Rods?

Ok, here's something that just has to be said about DCA's maintenance crew: they are amazing and very responsive. When I was still working there, Tower was the baby; it broke down, maintenance responded in less than 5 minutes. It'll be the same thing with RSR, probably more so with the lines the way they've been having.

Every attraction has its issues when it first opens: the ride system is new, the cast members are new, and every ride system has its quirks you have to get used to.

The cast members have just learned how to operate this attraction and there was really no time for them to learn individual quirks of the attraction. RSR most likely has a safety feature that a lot of dark ride systems have: if too many vehicles back up on the track, the system initiates an automatic emergency stop. This is more likely to happen when cast members are still learning how to operate the attraction, and especially when there are long lines to add to that. We therefore have a perfect storm of predetermined issues causing the 101's at RSR. These will become less frequent as CM's become used to the attraction.

• The Lucky Rabbit

@SoarinMatt Great post. Exactly. A minor emergency stop with to many cars on the track happened when we were on the ride on the 15th. Lasted no more then 2-3 minutes. Kind of cool though, we were in the part where Mater comes out for the first time. The detail on the animatronics is amazing.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• "What? What?"

It is true that the ride is expieriencing MANY break downs right now... but they aren't "break downs". They were alwasy very temperary and the ride would be back up in no time. It's a new ride. Give it a break. It's a very complex system that has never been tested to this degree. I am sure in due time it'll be much better. Plus, with the draw it will be causing for the park, they will have to keep it up in tip top shape.

@FromMatterhorn on Twitter & Instagram

Hey, you have to look at it from all perspectives sometimes. It's not fair to judge an attraction based on some minor issues that may or may not be based on problems caused by human error. Every one of those attractions has a learning curve. When I was learning tower, I pressed a ride stop that rolled into an auto e-stop because I didn't know the quirks of the attraction. I also heard many stories from CM's who worked Monsters Inc. about how new hires almost always caused a 101 the first time they work because they let the vehicles get backed up.
    Also remember that Cars Land was added to the Hollywood Attractions lineup and are being operated mostly by Hollywood Attractions CMs; the majority of Hollywood Attractions are non-linear flat rides or theaters (i.e. Tower, where there's only two vehicles that use the track), so an attraction that is linear like RSR is a different challenge for those CMs.

• Minion

I say flat out no. The rocket rods was doomed from the beginning as stated by others. This attraction is top notch. I can't believe how many threads there are on how it's breaking down as if people want it to fail. Go enjoy the attraction it is amazing and one of the best at the resort hands down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12