Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Cool Sooo about that 60th Anniversary...

Now that DCA is getting record numbers and it looks like they're gonna have the first DCA lead summer at the park, we can finally start seriously discussing the 60th. We know Fantasyland is claiming its territory left of the castle in 2013 and that will certainly give us the setup for a new stage show, but there's gotta be more coming for the 60th right? Of course I'd love to see Frontierland and Tomorrowland get a bit of that DCA treatment, although I think Frontierland is in far better shape. If anything I just wanna see the rest of the Island reopened after all this time. Also ToonTown just needs to be cleaned. It looks terrible and it's a shame since it's so wonderfully designed. It really needs a new attraction and even an old school character meet and greet would help. Then of course there's Tomorrowland. Star Tours helped, but the works not done. The arcade needs an actual futuristic look and for the upstairs to be reopened. The People Mover track needs an executive final decision. Use it or tear it our, but no more of this mess! It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Innoventions, if it were actually an education science museum type place like it was meant to be would be incredible, but sadly it's an arcade. Also, I'd love to see the Tron Light Cycles that have been rumored, and Wall E replacing Captain EO, since it's actually a Pixar film that fits the theme.

Thoughts, ideas, rumors, hopes?

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Re: Sooo about that 60th Anniversary...

I have a feeling they will fix toontown after the new princess area is done. Then they could get rid of the other one and put a ride there. I don't remember where it was said but I rember Disney saying they were trying to figure out something for the rocket rod track. I believe I also hear something about autopia being next. I read way to much to keep track but I believe these are the things that are next to tackel
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    I have a feeling they will fix toontown after the new princess area is done. Then they could get rid of the other one and put a ride there.
    Well...they're definitely not doing that. The stage shows will be back as soon as the Princesses move.

• Minion

I would imagine that any major thing will start after the 60th Anniversary. That's one of my hopes. The next one is that every attraction, store, restaurant, restroom, and garden get a good maintenance schedule and keep it. In a sense, the 60th begins now.

•   

Blog Entries

What about the new stage in big thunder ranch

• Banned User

Well they do have a new show in there on the weekend.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Something has to happen now.....I mean fi they did not learn anything from Carsland/Buena Vista Street its people like QUALITY and BIG new E ticket rides so we better get either a Frontierland expansion or Tomorrowland redo....or I'll be pretty disappointed

I hope they fix up Indy too! I'm curious though, I haven't heard anything about anything being wrong with ToonTown, what's the deal there? I haven't been in a loong time!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

•   

Blog Entries

I don't think there's anything wrong just needs some paint

• Minion

The idea of new features is always exciting, but those can happen in any year. Anniversary years don't have to be about adding new features to the park. I think anniversaries should be about taking pride in the entire park, and restoring every single thing in the park to "mint condition." My 2

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Something has to happen now.....I mean fi they did not learn anything from Carsland/Buena Vista Street its people like QUALITY and BIG new E ticket rides so we better get either a Frontierland expansion or Tomorrowland redo....or I'll be pretty disappointed
    same here

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    The idea of new features is always exciting, but those can happen in any year. Anniversary years don't have to be about adding new features to the park. I think anniversaries should be about taking pride in the entire park, and restoring every single thing in the park to "mint condition." My 2
    I agree, but in Disneyland's case Tomorrowland is far from mint condition.

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    I hope they fix up Indy too! I'm curious though, I haven't heard anything about anything being wrong with ToonTown, what's the deal there? I haven't been in a loong time!
    There's nothing wrong with it, exactly. It's just that it hasn't gotten an update since Roger Rabbit, and the area along with the painting it dirty, worn out and run down. The Trolley no longer runs and remains static on the track. Goofy's Bounce House is no more, and is just an empty place with hard furniture instead, and Chip and Dales nut patch is closed off behind trash cans.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    this

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Circle of Ancients

Why do something big for the 60th when the 75th is just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Why do something big for the 60th when the 75th is just around the corner.
    LOL, and you know that's the mindset. For the 60th, I'm not expecting much. Probably a new day parade, the return of a night parade (with ANY LUCK at all), a stage show in former Videopolis, and *maybe* something on the Peoplemover track. And I'd be happy with that. Just concentrate on maintaining what you have for a minute instead of constantly trying to outdo yourself.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast