Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thoughts on Paradise Pier?

Paradise Pier is one of my favorite lands in the resort thanks to the expansion. I think it is really beautiful and straight up gorgeous at night with WOC. However every now and then I will see posts that just hate it and wish for it to go away. Since the expansion what do you guys think about Paradise Pier? It seems to be a really good land that just needs a little improvement.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on Paradise Pier?

Its better........but for me...the land just feel dead still..and I think the lack of ANY waves in the water helps keep it that way for me.

Along with the fact that GOOFY's ride has the best Q in the land..yeah think about that.

There is some work to be done still...its not the worst land but for now...its low on my list until some more life is brought into it

I'm with you on this one! I am very content with Paradise Pier right now. The only thing I think that needs to happen is getting rid of Corn Dog Castle. Oh, and retheming Ariel's Grotto and removing the princess breakfast.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

Yeah I agree! Paradise Pier used to be the worst area in DLR to now being one of the best! All it needs is a little more cosmetic changes (the store facades, CS queue, GSS, and the spot where MB used to be.)

I love Paradise Pier! It's really nice to stroll through at night. The only thing I didn't like that was changed during the expansion was the removal of the Maliboomer. Reason being that there's absolutely nothing there at all except a smoking session. Really? You removed it to make way for a smoking session? Now, I know there's eventually going to be something better to take its place but I would've kept it as it was. People enjoyed the ride.

A nice little dark ride would build upon an already good land. I just think the far side, towards the Fun Wheel and Silly Symphony Swings kinda feels like a "dead zone" to me.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^rumor does have it that the reason that area is being untouched is for a new ride.....lets hope soon

• Disney Mom

Paradise Pier is very nice, except for Jumping Jellyfish and King Triton's Carousel. JJ needs to be removed and KTC needs to be rethemed. KTC should go to a classic themed carousel, that would have been seen during the time period that Paradise Pier is themed around.

I love Paradise Pier, but I don't like the Mickey's Fun Wheel, and I think Screamin needs to have more of a theme to it. Toy Story is far superior than either of these.
    I don't think they should be removed, but perhaps have something added to them or be rethemed to better symbolize Disney.

My master plan for Paradise Pier in the upcoming years is as follows. First of all, update the sign. Remove the Sun face from the land signage. I would retheme King Triton's Carousel of the Sea to a more generic sea themed carousel. I'd call it Mythical Caroushell and make it appear as if it is located in a shiny clam shell. The story would be that when workers were constructing the pier (as seen in the new photos at the Cove Bar), they discovered this magical seashell washed up on the shore. Make the queues for California Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel more time period appropriate and welcoming. I'd finish up the shop facades. Get rid of the Ariel theme from Ariel's Grotto and remove all the seashells and such. I would remove the Golden Zephyr and Jumpin' Jellyfish and replace them with a Donald Duck bumper boat attraction or maybe a boating school using a trackless underwater system and a little beach area with a sand castle water playground. There seems to be enough room over in that corner of the lagoon that wouldn't interfere with the World of Color fountains platform. Out would be Corn Dog Castle and in would be Ariel's Greeting Grotto: a rocky area leading directly into the bay with waterfalls and such where guests can meet Ariel in mermaid form. I miss having Ariel as a mermaid in DLR.

As for this whole rumored dark ride, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'd like it to, but I just don't see it in their game plan right now. If it happens, I'd move the smoking section park to the other helix, and put the new ride entrance where the smoking section is now. As for the ride, which would go where the current parade building sits, I'd put in a trackless madhouse attraction possibly themed to Dumbo's circus. Can you imagine the fun in a mirror maze with a trackless system?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Paradise Pier is like 50% there. I like it but it doesn't feel complete. Things seem out of place or not exactly up to Disney standards that I expect.

But overall, I do like it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie527 View Post
    Paradise Pier is very nice, except for Jumping Jellyfish and King Triton's Carousel. JJ needs to be removed and KTC needs to be rethemed. KTC should go to a classic themed carousel, that would have been seen during the time period that Paradise Pier is themed around.
    You would have seen plenty of Nautical Mythology in a Pier at this time actually. That's why Mermaid was brought into this area in the first place.

They definitely need to do something/anything with the old maliboomer space though. That being said, it's a thousand times better than before. I wouldn't mind seeing Ariel's Grotto go though. Mermaid fits the area's theme, but she's too present now that her ride's there.

I think my biggest problem is that this should be the most romantic area of the park at night, the way Rivers of America is at DL, but it isn't. I actually thought the atmosphere (not the general appearance, but just the atmosphere) was better when DCA first opened. The way it is now, you have snack carts on one side and the attractions and shops on the other. They built too much stuff on the side closer to the water to the point that you don't feel like you're seaside. Imagine if they lined the Rivers of America with permanent turkey leg and hot dog carts. I would relocated those and get ride of those covered areas alongside the water so that it feels more open and more like you're by the sea.

I'd also include some artists and performers in the area. The portrait artist could move there and maybe have a strolling juggler, street magician, or guy on an unicycle. I would also add a second candy kitchen and a candy shop to the Paradise Pier area. It could be the one location at the park with freshly made cotton candy!

• Hello Dolly.

I feel the pier has a lot of potential, but unless it's night I don't really see any magic.
    Still needs a lot of help, but I'm still happy with it now.

If they really wanted to add some gorgeous scenery, possibly blocking out some of the outside world, they can!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

why does everyone hate JJ?!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    why does everyone hate JJ?!
    I think because it's ultimately a dumb ride. hahaha seriously! It doesn't even "jump".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast