View Poll Results: What is your favorite activity while at Disneyland?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • going on rides

61 69.32%
  • watching shows / parades

27 30.68%
  • meeting characters

9 10.23%
  • eating

17 19.32%
  • people-watching

22 25.00%
  • activites (e.g. coloring)

5 5.68%
  • walking around

37 42.05%
  • other

24 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• a pirate's life for me...

Re: Why do YOU love Disneyland (and CA Adv)???

HAHAHAHA you guys talking about mold & fungi... too funny!!

No.. I TOTALLY love those smells!! It's so funny.... my dad will turn on the a/c in the car and it's like, not been on in a while, and i'm like "OMG it smells like pirates, mm!"

And then I'll smell like a certain food .... "smells like DL!!" (ice cream cones) or whatever......

Pretty much a lot of things I smell... remind me of it, (e.g. orange spray - orange stinger @ DCA) HAHA! My mom always gives me dirty looks..... hilarious...
    everybody has a laughin' place...

those of you who chose "other" in the poll.....

out of curiosity, what is "other"?

• I hate Mondays

I chose 'other' because, while I love all the things listed, the thing I love the most is the history behind it. It's the difference between a literary classic and an Oprah book club selection. I walk past any given area in DL and I can imagine Walt while he was planning it out- I can see the care and planning that went into everything that is Disneyland, and I can appreciate the genius behind it.

The churros are pretty good, too.
    LoT

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Talking Re: Why do YOU love Disneyland (and CA Adv)???

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashTheMagic
    Me too! Of course you get that great feeling because it's the happiest place on earth! .....wait, your FIRST birthday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    have a good one...
    Well, it's literally not my first birthday . Maybe I should have said thirty FIRST birthday. Thank you very much! Hopefully the feeling of "being old" will go away once I get to the parking lot!

• Enjoying every day...

Well, I said People Watching. I enjoy watching parents yelling at their kids saying "I paid alot of money to get you in here today! You are going to have fun whether you want to or not!" Thats classic...
    "Sometimes the way forward, is also the way back."

Quote Originally Posted by DSNE1995
    Well, I said People Watching. I enjoy watching parents yelling at their kids saying "I paid alot of money to get you in here today! You are going to have fun whether you want to or not!" Thats classic...

Yesssss! It's tooo funny! Ah, we could make a reality show on our lives....

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDBUSA
    Well, it's literally not my first birthday . Maybe I should have said thirty FIRST birthday. Thank you very much! Hopefully the feeling of "being old" will go away once I get to the parking lot!
    Oh okay... sorry I read that wrong. Haha! Well that's awesome!! Be sure to get your birthday sticker and people will tell you "happy birthday" all day long! (seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    I chose 'other' because, while I love all the things listed, the thing I love the most is the history behind it. It's the difference between a literary classic and an Oprah book club selection. I walk past any given area in DL and I can imagine Walt while he was planning it out- I can see the care and planning that went into everything that is Disneyland, and I can appreciate the genius behind it.

Yes, I love walt...

The whole atmosphere, But I would have to say the smells. I relate everything to it, Everytime we pass a cina-bon or similiar store I am constantly saying "hey that smells like Disneyland. It is pretty unique, the combination of sweets, rides, the california smells. I love it all

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I love it cuz I'm not at work or at my house, both places I don't really like being.

• What, where am i?

why do i love Disneyland, well because its disneyland. no one can truelly descibe the feeling that disneylnad brings to people. Once you step into the park you just feel right at home, like this is the one place where everything is right and that all your troubles dissapear.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Waycoolrob
    The whole atmosphere, But I would have to say the smells. I relate everything to it, Everytime we pass a cina-bon or similiar store I am constantly saying "hey that smells like Disneyland. It is pretty unique, the combination of sweets, rides, the california smells. I love it all

You do know of course that those smells are piped in and a lot of them are not real. Walt did it on purpose.

• Long Distance Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy

Ditto. I marvel at what WED/WDI came up with, especially considering the technologies they created during that time.

• Mickeyfan3

I love Disneyland, because in addition to feeling like I'm in another world and away from all it's problems, but I feel like a kid again and every corner I turn brings back very happy memories from when I was a kid.

My parents were the best Disney parents ever....they weren't afraid to run around and act like a kid and just have fun (of course, we still had to behave and mind our manners) and enjoy and appreciate the magic and being together as a family. I'm that way with my 9 year old son, and my husband has been loosening up and after 16 years together has finally admitted he likes Disneyland and he's only been giving me grief every year just to bug me!

• Clearing my Calendar

I love the overall experience of it. I especially like it when I can go for three days. I can take my time and do the things *I* want when I want.

Talking about the smells thing... there's a mall in New Orleans called Riverwalk that we visited in July. As you enter on the aquarium side there's a very nice waterfall fountain. It's pretty big as that type of thing goes. But, when we walked in it was *BAM*. Pirates! Also, at Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay in Vegas, the first room you walk in is a kind of Rainforest tropic room. Instant humidity. *BAM* Pirates! So it's definitely water, not mold that we smell. (Not that there couldn't be mold present...)

We also have a shampoo at work that's an Orange scent. When you smell it in the bottle it smells like a fresh cut orange. But when you put it on the dog and add water, the room instantly turns into Soarin'. Hmm...
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast