Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Re: Has anyone gone to Starbucks yet?

So, I am stuck here at home because my son had hip surgery. (We are hoping for an all clear after July 3rd.) Has anyone gone to Starbucks yet? How are the drinks? Do they have any Disney specific merchandise? So excited to get back to the parks!

• Disneyland Man

Quote Originally Posted by Malela9 View Post
    So, I am stuck here at home because my son had hip surgery. (We are hoping for an all clear after July 3rd.) Has anyone gone to Starbucks yet? How are the drinks? Do they have any Disney specific merchandise? So excited to get back to the parks!
    I was so happy to finally have a nice coffee after the morning drive to the park! It was indeed delightful to walk around with my favorite mocha, especially on the lovely Buena Vista Street. The service was a bit slow, but they got it right. There was no DisneyBucks merch....yet. But the cups feature the Disney Parks logo and icon-fetti on the reverse of the starbucks logo.

I had hoped Carnation was going to follow suit and serve Starbucks in Disneyland. Perhaps the 'Starbucks Coffee Garden, will soon turn up near the Mad Hatter corner on Town Square instead.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by waltopia View Post
    I was so happy to finally have a nice coffee after the morning drive to the park! It was indeed delightful to walk around with my favorite mocha, especially on the lovely Buena Vista Street. The service was a bit slow, but they got it right. There was no DisneyBucks merch....yet. But the cups feature the Disney Parks logo and icon-fetti on the reverse of the starbucks logo.

I had hoped Carnation was going to follow suit and serve Starbucks in Disneyland. Perhaps the 'Starbucks Coffee Garden, will soon turn up near the Mad Hatter corner on Town Square instead.
    Remember, Starbucks has really high standards and they're testing this for the first time ever at a Disney theme park. I think it'll be about 9 months to a year before they add Starbucks to other Disney theme parks.

• The Lucky Rabbit

The Starbucks coffee quality is very good and is far better then other coffee offerings at the Resort. If anyone ever collected Vinylmation there actually was a custom artist who made "StarDucks" Vinyl drinks with Donald in the logo, it was a cool idea.

Anyway, one cool thing is the prices are the same as where I live in Monterey (same place the Paradise Wharf is primarily designed after, we also have a Ghiradelli and with the exception of the Earthquake everything is the same price). Also they take AP passholder discounts.

I think it's interesting that Starbucks locations take AP discounts, but Dreyer's locations do not. I think someone told me it had to do with how the original Dreyer's contract for Gibson Girl was signed.

Anyway the coffee is good, you won't regret it.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Yeah. Went on opening day after waiting to get my opening day pins and RSR fastpass. It was funny to see the Starbucks Mafia hovering around. Every station had people dressed in all black monitoring everything.

It was nice to see that you could use your Starbucks card and your annual pass.

As a regular Starbucks junkie, this was one of my must-do's on Buena Vista Street over the weekend. It was great! I got my Iced Venti Mocha and it was perfect!

I had hoped to see some mugs or tumblers like you see at the traditional Starbucks stores, with a Starbucks/Disney design but they do not, unfortunately. Maybe in the future.

Oh, and the Roast Beef sandwich is excellent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cadematthews View Post
    As a regular Starbucks junkie, this was one of my must-do's on Buena Vista Street over the weekend. It was great! I got my Iced Venti Mocha and it was perfect!

I had hoped to see some mugs or tumblers like you see at the traditional Starbucks stores, with a Starbucks/Disney design but they do not, unfortunately. Maybe in the future.

Oh, and the Roast Beef sandwich is excellent!!!!
    Same here, but my Biggest concern is Where was the free Wi-Fi?

• Minion

AP DISCOUNTS? Oh, there is a God.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Hmm isn't the roast beef sandwich part of the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical caferather than the Starbucks portion?
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Not the Fallen

Random Question: Do they accept the Starbucks Gold Card?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Random Question: Do they accept the Starbucks Gold Card?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    The Starbucks coffee quality is very good and is far better then other coffee offerings at the Resort. If anyone ever collected Vinylmation there actually was a custom artist who made "StarDucks" Vinyl drinks with Donald in the logo, it was a cool idea.

Anyway, one cool thing is the prices are the same as where I live in Monterey (same place the Paradise Wharf is primarily designed after, we also have a Ghiradelli and with the exception of the Earthquake everything is the same price). Also they take AP passholder discounts.

I think it's interesting that Starbucks locations take AP discounts, but Dreyer's locations do not. I think someone told me it had to do with how the original Dreyer's contract for Gibson Girl was signed.

Anyway the coffee is good, you won't regret it.
    Totally cool that Starbucks in Disneyland takes the AP discount. I am totally addicted to Starbucks. Have a Starbucks Gold card to prove it.

Definitely looking forward to enjoying a cup in Disneyland.

BTW Oswald, you did an awesome job blogging about the overnight lineup for opening day of DCA. Appreciated all your info.

I did go and line up around 4am on the 15th and ended up getting all the Limited Edition merchandise I was targeting, except I didn't buy the Carsland framed pin set.

All in all, was an epic day!

• How Peculiar

I got a 'tall' and I did think it was a little smaller than the regular 'tall' at other locations, but im not too positive since i haven't asked for that size in a while.

just wondering, do they accept gift cards, or no?
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by scotchtape View Post
    just wondering, do they accept gift cards, or no?
    Yes.

• Not the Fallen

Thanks! Just wondering because some locations don't. Very odd...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast