• AKA: Indyiluvu

AP Early Entry Question

So we registered for DCA early entry this Sat 6/23 at 7am

For anyone who has gone to the early entry morning already, (have they started yet?)

1) Is Carsland open in the morning?
    2) If so, are Fastpasses available for RSR or do they not turn on the machines until park opening at 8am?

Thanks!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Re: AP Early Entry Question

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post

For anyone who has gone to the early entry morning already, (have they started yet?)

2) If so, are Fastpasses available for RSR or do they not turn on the machines until park opening at 8am?

Thanks!
    They actually started just yesterday,(in fact, I had forgotten that I'd registered for yesterday, and missed my DL early entry. I registered for DCA next Tuesday and will try not to repeat the mistake), and since Monday is a Disneyland day, with Tuesday being a DCA day, today would be the first day for early entry to DCA. Reports should start coming soon.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Thanks! I was assuming that they are doing this early entry to allow AP's to see carsland to even out the crowds, but then I saw this on their site.

Does the Annual Passholder Early Entry allow access to the attractions in Cars Land? Annual Passholder Early Entry does not guarantee access to any of the Cars Land attractions and is subject to availability.
    I assume this is Disney covering themselves in case the rides are broken in the morning,or something, but just wanted to make sure as Carsland is the reason we signed up for EE.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post

Thanks!
    We are also registered for Saturday
    I think today was the first for DCA
    I have the same question about fp and how crowded it was.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

If you look closely, they cover themselves like this somewhere in almost every ad and promotional video they produce Indiana Joe. FP machines were on early yesterday; reports said at 8 the return time was already 12:35. They've been running out by 9:30. The reported wait times on Lines have had some people that have reported how quickly the return times change. At 9:22 this morning return was 10:35. At 9:23 they were all gone.

A bientot,.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

This is the info I've been looking for, but I'm surprised how little is out there. I finally took my 2 & 4 y.o. to Carsland today but my 2 y.o. was too small to ride anything. It was wall-to-wall people. We just wanted to look, and after waiting a few minutes for the RSR cars to drive by, the exciting announcement that the ride had broken down filled the air (ka-chow). Then we went to Ariel's and that was broken down too. The kids were bummed. We headed over to Heimlich and waited a half hour so that we could actually ride something. My poor kiddos. Anyway, we had to go home early today, but I did get some decent info from a CM. I asked about Carsland and early entry. She said that during EE people had been lining up at the RSR fastpass machine for an hour so that they could get their fastpasses when the machines start working at 8am. She also said that the RSR standby line was about 75 min average during early entry, so it may be more worth your while to just get it out of the way first OR have one person in our party wait in line for fastpasses while the others ride the rides. I'm just trying to figure out a good strategy. My 4 y.o. is dying to ride the RSR.

Should I have DH and DS ride the other two Carsland rides while I take my daughter to Ariel's ride, and then come back to line up at the the RSR fastpass machine before 8am hits? We can do the rider switch thingy since my daughter is too little for RSR.

I think we will wait until the hoopla dies down. even if it is a year from now. Waiting an hour just for a FP isn't really worth it to us.We'll just ride all the other rides when we go to early entry. Maybe we can finally go on Toy Story without a wait!

I tried out Early Entry today for DCA. When we got into Buena Vista Street at 7:20, there was already a line for RSR FP, which opened at 8am. So my friend and I went directly into the stand-by line for RSR, and fortunately for us, the ride "broke down" and was in testing mode during the 7 o'clock and 8 o'clock hours. It was frustrating to hear that the ride was under "technical difficulties" every five minutes by the announcers. With what I overheard from phone conversations from people in line, Early Entry guests simply walked on to TSMM and TOT without substantial wait. Is Early Entry worth it? Yes, but it heavily lies with pure luck. Had RSR been ready by opening at 7 o'clock, I think my friend and I would have been able to go on the ride a couple times during the 7 o'clock hour.

First, I love the Oceanic and Dharma Disney avatars.

Second, I have yet to hear of a single early entry where RSR was working at opening.

I have my APEE in two Saturdays. While I am hoping that the crowd will be a little lighter due to 3/4 of the passes being blocked out, I am starting to wonder if I should just ride Luigi and Mater and then hit RSR as a single rider a couple of times during they day (although I hear that is subject to random closure as well). I have also been considering doing the Red Car Trolley because I hear that thing is almost impossible to find running during the day with crowds and the Red Car Newsboys.

I hope that I read a few more reports from this weekend that will give me some better ideas on what to do.

Thanks ccinsf! I loved the show, I thought it was a fitting tribute to commemorate this epic show .

I did Single Passer on RSR during midday around noon, and we went swiftly into the cars in around 45 minutes.. I was pretty impressed by how fast the line went, but we also experienced a "breakdown" during this time period as well. We decided to do Single Passer later in the evening (around 5), and we waited in line around for 1.45 hours before ditching it altogether (the line just didn't move in the last hour or so).. we decided we would just end our day at Mad T Party.

All I can say is just be prepared for closures on RSR! It seems imminent.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

With RSR being down quite a bit and even happening during early entry, it makes me re-think whether I want to stand in line for a fast pass for it, go directly to stand by line, or skip it all together and catch it as a single rider later in the day. I have early entry tomorrow. I definitely want to ride the red car trolley, and sounds like that is out at limited times and best to ride early in the morning while crowds are low.

Either way its all a waiting game, and roll of the dice with CarsLand right now. I'm sure they'll have all the bugs worked out by the end of summer.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Has anyone used the AP early entry into DL? I'm thinking the crowds would be extremely low.